It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While falling asleep, has this ever happened to you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

my friend it sounds like you are in touch with your intuition.

many believe that moments like that, where something seems to just come to you, on its own, are actually your mind delving deep into the spiritual realm. in other words your brain is receiving information from the universal contentiousness.

personally i've never had that happen before. all my ideas just come to me whenever. but some say that's when your brain enters a sort of state where you are sort of between worlds and thus much easier to access your spiritual self.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
yes I do that too. I invented the idea that you should be able to call your remote or have a locater button on the TV. Why don't they already have that? quite a few other million dollar ideas, but I would never act on them. I am just not that ambitious.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Ha I thought of that myself aswell. The call button on the TV. Cordless phones usually have them so why not the TV! Theres nothing worse than hunting for the control only to search everywhere you can think of and still not find it!... The frustration! lol.

Forgot to mention in my last post but this is how the term "i'll sleep on it" came about.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Lol , i have had dreams were the perfect guitar solo , or the perfect script for a movie would play in my head , and always after i wake up , i still could remember the dream´s , but was to lazy to write them down , and after some minutes of being awake , the memory of the dream just starts to vanish from my mind

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I have those sort of in between sleep and waking epiphanies too. What I find quite interesting is a large number of them seem to make their way into the world whether I ever tell anyone, or do anything about it. I attribute that to the "collective unconscious." I dont think they are really "my" ideas at all, but for some reason I was thinking along the same lines as some or one, or many other people and somehow I got jacked into the train of thought.

Of course I can never be certain that is what is really happening, but that is how I see it. In fact, sometimes I get so discouraged by how many times my "genius ideas" have turned up a year or two later, I have found myself very reluctant to act on some of them. How can I ever know I am not plagiarizing?

Anyway, good thread. It is nice to see all the other people doing the same, or similar thing.

Does anyone else get the distinct feeling it isnt really "your" idea?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Yes, someone told me in my head it seems.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
While that has never happened to me exactly as you describe, it's not uncommon for people to go to sleep with a problem on the mind and wake with an answer. "Problem solving dreams" are actually quite common. The fact that you are entering into that subconscious before sleep, though, is interesting. Perhaps you have a very good connection TO the subconscious, if that makes sense. Keep us updated!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Sorry to go off topic a little but does anyone ever dream (at least I think its a dream!) where your trying to wake yourself up but you cant. Then start to panic because you feel out of control. As if something bad was about to happen you wouldnt even wake up?!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join