It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some 3-D software advice!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Hello there people. I need some adive from those of you who can create thos great 3-d models of UFO's and the like on the PC.

Now, I got a spare bit of cash and would like some input as to what would be the best purchase for my needs?

If possible could you do a quick 'this is why i think its best' splurge as well?

Many thanks, Daniel.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
3d studio max and Maya from AutoDesk is the premier software for creating stunning 3D visualizations.
Check them out here.
area.autodesk.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Caligari 7.6.

FREE!

Any one use it at all? I just downloaded it from microsft (yes microsoft are giving it away for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Cool,
I mostly use Autocad and 3d studio Max for mine, But thats becouse i have access to them all day.
Will have to try that one.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Yeah, I wasn't expecting the £1500 price tag for the software you mentioned!

I'll take a freebie cheers Bob!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Blender is also free. If you get into the commercial software you're probably going to spend some money. I've personally used Lightwave (long time ago) and played with 3d studio max. I liked both. Blender is free as I said but has somewhat of a learning curve that i think is a bit steeper than the other 2 I mentioned.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I use 3d max , imo its the most friendly user ( i have only used maya , 3d max, autocad and zbrush for oganic modeling) , and there are more tutorials for it on the internet in relation to others.

You dont have to buy the original , just download the "free" version
if you like it you buy it.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by dracodie]

new topics

top topics

join