It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain camp compares Obama to Spears, Hilton

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Source

AURORA, Colo. - John McCain's presidential campaign on Wednesday released a withering television ad comparing Barack Obama to Britney Spears and Paris Hilton, suggesting the Democratic contender is little more than a vapid but widely recognized media concoction.

Obama's campaign quickly responded with a commercial of its own, dismissing McCain's complaints as "baloney" and "baseless."

McCain's ad, titled "Celeb" and set to air in 11 battleground states, intercuts images of Obama on his trip to Europe last week with video of twenty-something pop stars Spears and Hilton — both better known for their childish off-screen antics

What a great commercial! In order to crack the image Barrack has, first you have to pint out the idiocy of his status.

Now maybe we can focus on the truth of the kool-aid Man...

[edit on 30-7-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Check it out, stayed tuned there will be more of these to come:

firstread.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 30-7-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
Source

AURORA, Colo. - John McCain's presidential campaign on Wednesday released a withering television ad comparing Barack Obama to Britney Spears and Paris Hilton, suggesting the Democratic contender is little more than a vapid but widely recognized media concoction.

Obama's campaign quickly responded with a commercial of its own, dismissing McCain's complaints as "baloney" and "baseless."

McCain's ad, titled "Celeb" and set to air in 11 battleground states, intercuts images of Obama on his trip to Europe last week with video of twenty-something pop stars Spears and Hilton — both better known for their childish off-screen antics

What a great commercial! In order to crack the image Barrack has, first you have to pint out the idiocy of his status.

Now maybe we can focus on the truth of the kool-aid Man...

[edit on 30-7-2008 by jasonjnelson]

I hope Mccain keeps putting ads out like that!!!

You'll get OBAMA for certain!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
So uh...Obama has a XXX rated tape? McCain must really want to get Obama elected. Well Ole John has shown me that there's a pretty good chance I'll still have a decent sense of humor at the ripe old age of 72.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I am John McCain and I approve this ridiculous message because I am sooo desperate and I have nothing positive to offer.

[edit on 7/31/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Seems Paris' parents are hopping mad. They're McCain supporters!

Parents to McCain: How Dare You!

The ad has stirred another controversy, as McCain has seemingly bit the hand that feeds him, namely the Hilton clan, Kathy and Rick who gave a large chunk of dough for his presidential campaign
Kathy Hilton and Rick Hilton are spitting mad with the McCain camp. It seems they now feel their daughter Paris is being slagged unfairly.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Did you know that darling Paris supports Obama? I guess she is rebelling against her parents then.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
A sad old man trying to throw insults like a 15 year-old who is complaining that someone else is immature...funny.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Have you heard the new single out by Britney?

Oops, I'm John McCain
I'm just an old fart
And I'm loosing this game
Obama's getting all that love
They think he's sent from above
They said I would be president

[edit on 7/31/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I think I smell the sour odor of desperation. Dirty is as dirty does. Bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb Obama...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Nice new Avitar BH and that says it all .. vote for McCain, not for Obama. Anybody but Obama is right.

McCain isn't jealous .. he's just laughing like the rest of us as Obama's head continues to swell and get bigger. He was arrogant to begin with, now he's going over-the-top, much like those Celebs do (Tom Cruise ring a bell)?

These people lose touch with reality and think they're so much better than everyone else (Sharon Bone, Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Paris Hilton, Barack Obama).

You get the picture.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It just played here, oops.

"Higher gas prices"

All under Bush, and now dropping as the Dems TRY to FORCE OIL COMPANIES TO DRILL IN ALASKA AND OFFSHORE!(Look in Sig for proof)

"Higher Taxes"

Um, never heard Obama say this, and in fact McBush is the one to say he is open to raising taxes to pay for a war with Iran.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The comparison is silly. Obama is not a slut.

Also, he doesn't have an x-rated videotape and he's not in the same age range. Other than the fact that he's a star, what does he have in common with them?

Maybe the Obama campaign could run an ad interspersing shots of McCain with those of alzheimer's patients. Fortunately, they have good sense and good taste.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
So far Obama's response has been the right one. A non chalant approach making fun of the commercial instead of insulting McBush.

Also, Obama's commercials are...
"I will do X as President. I will pass Y to do Z for the American People."

While McBush's commercials are...
"He's black!!!!" SPAZZES FOAM FLIES FROM HIS MOUTH "Get your torches and pitchforks together and lynch him cause he's young and doesn't worship Big Oil!! He doesn't want to kill more Americans how dare he not want to kill Americans! He actually wants to end Iraq and send troops after Osama Bin Laden in Afganistan! How dare he want to get Osama Bin Laden!" SPAZZES MORE

Like uh, and your position on X? What will you do as President? "Obama is black and young! He won't execute Americans!" Ok, so he won't kill Americans, but what will you do? "He doesn't worship Halliburton!!"

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
You know, the absolute shallowness of the Presedential campaign on all sides so far absolutely amazes me.

What I can't understand is how people can embrace such simplistic drivel with such fervour.

When are you guys over there actually going to start talking about politics?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
You know, the absolute shallowness of the Presedential campaign on all sides so far absolutely amazes me.

What I can't understand is how people can embrace such simplistic drivel with such fervour.

When are you guys over there actually going to start talking about politics?

Shallow?I see no depth at all.Everyone talks about the wonderful things they are going to do for them but thier voting record actually shows what they are going to do yet no one talks about that.I think they've been watching to much tv.I really have no idea what Brittany or Paris have to do with anything except the MSM.However either one might make a better president than our current offerings.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

Hey Hal,
don't be so quick to pounce on McCain in defense of Obama because Barack made a similar reference to this some time ago.
In Barack's own words:
"Andy Warhol said we all get our 15 minutes of fame," says Barack Obama. "I've already had an hour and a half. I mean, I'm so overexposed, I'm making Paris Hilton look like a recluse."

The common denominator happens to be the media.
Both Obama and Hilton were propped up by the media, both came out of nowhere.

Link here

Maybe Paris was the experiment for what was to become Obama-mania?

new topics

top topics

join