It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacker Loses Appeal

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dubiousone

so your condoning everyone trying to break into the Pentagon and Nasa's and every other sensitive system in the United States? Im really failing to see your point?

Skept!cal

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Rek2008

i agree, its obvious he discovered something so crucial, they want to put him away so he doesnt share what he knows with us general public. I believe we have the right to know that that a life sentence for "hacking" is wayyy too abrupt.

they dont want to give him life sentence because he "broke the law" on hacking. its because what he found out would cause people to panic.

my .02

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This may seem a bit odd, but does anyone else here see a resemblance?

[edit on 31-7-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
poor bastard

i really think this guy needs a break to say the least. since the information isnt leaked to the public why make such a big fuss about the fact that he went into nasa and saw two folders that said cropped ufo pictures and uncropped ufo pictures.

the fact that he discovered information about free energy systems doesnt give the us the right to put him behind bars.

just let him tell his story, im sure nobody would believe his awesome finds anyway! after all if you accomplish a huge amount in your life span, say become an astronaut, military general etc, pilot,or radar expert fAA expert, and afterward you finaly come clean about your experiences with UFO's you dont get taken seriously any right

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

well i can actually say i do see the resemblence..nice!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcome guys.

If you delve into this you'll find this guy admits he found pretty much nothing. He thought he found details of an offworld fleet, but even that sounds very sketchy by his own admission.

The premise here is that he was hacking the US military the day after 9/11. But then he was probably doing the day before and the day before that. I'd be more inclined to worry about what the US military was doing on 9/11 itself, but that's another story

At the end of the day what he did was virtually harmless but the USA are determined to make a huge example of him. I'd say they've probably done that already.

Can anyone think of any USA citizens extradited to the UK in any recent cases? I can think of a few going the other way (the NatWest posse for example) but when it's reversed we seem to get told it's off limits.

I say just try the guy in the US and repatriate him to the UK.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
In 5 years time these types of overreactions will just be a part of everyday life (If not already), just like murder, war, theft and corruption.

He should be punished but the punishment should be in the UK.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I don’t see why it is obvious he found anything? Surely if he had he wouldn’t be free to talk to the media. Do spies get bail?

The guy is a fool and he was offered a light sentence but he claims the US would not guarantee it. I think he is pinning his hopes on the EU court, which will give him two years before his case can be heard. And I’d bet the EUSSR won’t be as friendly to America as the Foreign Office.

What I am interested in is how the guy is going in the US? Is their an hunger to punish him?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join