It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overthrowing the Government...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This is an independent though that shot off of another thread, but I think it's something important to ask having read posts on this site for years.

My heart and my head both say that more than likely the Federal Government will need to be overthrown, although I don't have enough evidence, knowledge or financial base at this point to act on my ideas.

I think Michael Badnarik said it well:

"How bad do things have to get before YOU do something. Do they have to take away all your property, do they have to license every activity you want to engage in, do they have to be throwing you in cattle cars before you say 'Now wait a minute, I don't think this is a good idea!'

How long is it going to be before you finally resist, and say 'NO, I will not comply. Period'. Sooner or later, you've got to draw the line and stand your ground, whether anyone else does OR NOT. This is what liberty of all about."

So, here's the questions:

1) When is it time to use our Constitutional right to overthrow the Federal Government? Is that time now? After the election?

2) Should we overthrow it?

3) Who wants to?

4) If you agree, when the time comes, how should it be started?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The only legitimate way to overthrow any government is in my opinion; to let the army or a civilian militia arrest the ones who betrayed the country and the people and to have new fair elections on paper, with politics influenced by foreign lobbies, corporate lobbies and secret societies made completely illegal.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
i for one think we would have every right to do it within the constitution. they've taken over stuff they shouldn't even be involved in in the first place. we elect people to do their job and to keep our liberty.and what do they do, slack, and fulfill their own agendas. when these nominated people campaign they say a lot of stuff, but guess what always happens, they don't stay true. we know it's all a tactic to get on top but we constantly fall for it over and over. if we overthrowed the federal government i believe we should take the constitution and use it as a permanent backbone for a new revised america. we need to make it almost impossable for people with power to profit off of corruption. they can't keep ignoring the poor, stomping on the soldiers who save their asses and win THEIR wars. it's always gonna go bad when we have elected officials with ties to corperations. i say give'em life in prison (personolly i would like to see heads of halliburton and kbr and their hellspawn tax evading clones in dubai hung one by one during the next superbowl halftime.)

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
The only legitimate way to overthrow any government is in my opinion; to let the army or a civilian militia arrest the ones who betrayed the country and the people and to have new fair elections on paper, with politics influenced by foreign lobbies, corporate lobbies and secret societies made completely illegal.

Just talking about this puts you on the Red list for the FEMA camps.

Maybe if they are feeling kind, the Blue list.

www.youtube.com...

Make sure and look at the high pressure gas main right
after about 4 min 40 seconds.

A large Wal-mart does not have a gas line that large to run
its whole store, and it sure does not have that many furnaces.

Makes you wanna ask .... What ya got cooking ?

If I were you guys I'd put away any ideas of "Regime change",
and make plans for bugging out to a extreme rural area
and being out of sight and out of mind.

Don't look like johnny bad ass when you leave, look like pitiful
homeless beggar, but be well equipped just not visibly so.

If and when the SHTF, if it is bad enough for major rioting in
cities don't stick around because ppl defending their properties
with lethal force will be rounded up right along with the rioting morons.

And off to happy fun land you go in the FEMA camps.

So my plan is when it goes sideways here stateside I am heading
for the hills quietly and politely looking as pitiful as possible.

Once I can make it to unbroken solid cover I will shift gears,
but still will keep moving away from the city.

You wanna be a a few days from the hungry starving rioting millions.

At that point I will use snares, and traps, and have lots of heirloom seeds,
and have cached items near a few deep caves far from the cities.

So if you don't want to end up a red lister, I'd not even think about
overthrowing this government.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Please see my thread that is being ignored like this important thread. We need to sign the citizens petition.

CITIZENS PETITION THREAD

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think that the thought of overthrowing the government will come soon enough when the corporate government starts the official transition to the NAFTA and the constitution will become an issue.

That is the time that the American people will have to think if they will allowed the corporates fat rats to take away our nations sovereignty for profits.

The NAFTA is an issue that American patriots should be very careful and keep a close eye to, is the most dangerous and daring endeavor that they will ever try on the American people, it has been in the planning for a long time all behind closed doors.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

I am not a US citizen, but I am concerned with the US since they were supposed to be free of other countries influence but were taken over the by European central bank branch in 1913, got more corrupted capitalism and that blew back to Europe...

So I am free to speak my mind on corruption I guess

Edit for a P S

I thought the list was called Main Core

[edit on 28-7-2008 by Grey Magic]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I think that the thought of overthrowing the government will come soon enough when the corporate government starts the official transition to the NAFTA and the constitution will become an issue.

That is the time that the American people will have to think if they will allowed the corporates fat rats to take away our nations sovereignty for profits.

The NAFTA is an issue that American patriots should be very careful and keep a close eye to, is the most dangerous and daring endeavor that they will ever try on the American people, it has been in the planning for a long time all behind closed doors.

I agree. I am loath and very reluctant to ever advocate violence, and I am not advocating violence with regards to the government.

However, I wonder at what point that tide turns and people's complaints turn into action (which might get drastic with the fat turds currently poisoning America... i.e. a fair portion of the country).

I don't see a lot of peaceful avenues, but I am pursuing them.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
AT least one town in Texas was able to used their constitutional rights to force their state government and stop them from the building of the NAFTA superhighway at least not in the back yards.

I posted the victory and the link in a thread but seems like it didn't call the attention of anybody.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

AT least you have some post in yours.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
there are two exceptable times to revolt.

option #1: they try to dissolve our country into the North American Union. this would be an act of treason and treachery on the part of our government and would warrant a revolution.

option #2: the government throws the "first punch". that would be martial law or another type of false flag terrorist attack on our soil. once again treason on the part of the government that would warrent overthrow.

other than that i say wait it out and try and change things peacefully. no one on eitherside wants a shooting war i dont think. it would be madness.

maddness?

THIS IS AMERICA!!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
When there's a violent revolution the worst, most tyrannical elements tend to take over. Look at the Russian revolution in 1917, or the aftermath of the French revolution and the Jacobean terror.

And then, everyone would have to agree on what they were fighting for. Even on ATS, different people with totally different agendas advocate an overthrow of the government.

The U.S. was born from a revolution, but a new one should be bloodless, if at all.

top topics

join