It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All UK inbound and outbound passengers to be fingerprinted and photographed!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Now, the Home Office is putting the finishing touches to new rules requiring compulsory fingerprinting for all passengers.

The amendments to national aviation security rules will require fingerprints to be scanned when passengers pass through security into the airside terminal. Passengers will be fingerprint-scanned again at their flight departure gate.

It is likely that the scheme will later be expanded to cover passengers at major seaports and the Channel Tunnel rail links.

Daily mail

PAPERS PLEASE!

So all inbound and out bound passengers for / from the UK are going to be fingerprinted and photographed under new rules from the UK Gov.

Question. Will India have this technology at its airports? will Dubai? will Pakistan? or is it just me or are they desperate to get fingerprints of the whole of the UK nation on a database, and this is just a sly way of doing it? as noted, if your a child and go through, you still have to be fingerprinted and photographed.

This is a nasty creep of totalitarianism coming to light slowly into the main stream (as a side note the operators BAA will by Spanish law have to pass over all records kept by them to the Spainish authorities if asked).

Will this soon be EU wide? will it soon be world wide?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure they already have this in the US. I remember last time I went they took our pictures and fingerprints.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I've never flown internationally, but I certainly won't be visiting the UK if my passport isn't good enough. I think I'm going to remove my fingerprints soon anyway though.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I havent heard of it happening in the US but I wouldn't think it is something "they" want well known.

I am headed to the UK soon from the US, I will let you know what happens. I have nothing to hide, but it is unsettling to think of oneself in a world wide data base.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
With fingerprinting, DNA being taken , Iris recognition, digital photos taken all in the name of our security. In about 10 yrs time with all this data on storage there won't be an unsolved crime anywhere in the UK !! If they reckon you fit the bill, they will fit you up for it, after all, they found YOUR fingerprints and DNA at the scene, didn't they?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Dan,

Fear not, some civil servant will loose all the data on a train in a few years anyway.....

And if they don't there will be sooooooooooooo much data we'll be back to sq 1 and they wont have a fu**ing clue what to do with it....!

MR

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marlborough Red
Dan,

Fear not, some civil servant will loose all the data on a train in a few years anyway.....

And if they don't there will be sooooooooooooo much data we'll be back to sq 1 and they wont have a fu**ing clue what to do with it....!

MR

ROFL yeah thats what bothers me. I can see a whole new industry springing up for 'latex finger print' making. This boggles the mind it really does.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Less than ten years ago people would have been outraged and horrified by those measures but post 9/11, 7/7, they are just going along with it. Makes you wonder what people will accept in ten years from now?

Why aren't Liberty doing anything, again?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by UFOpsychiczebra

well said there mate, what IS liberty doing ?????

seems like they always make a big fuss on progs like Queston Time, but then when it matters...knowhere to be seen !!

glad i am leaving the UK to be honest....

and yep Marlbrough Red, all we need to do is wait and some civil servant will lose it all !!

snoopyuk

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by PeaceUk

They don’t have this in the US! Why spread that kind of Garbage?
Oh never mind.
The US does not do that! Not yet anyways, but getting close.
As far as the post, I'll be requesting a different route to Europe and all point east of the US from now on if this passes. Man I guess the UK wants to lose business from Vacationers

Sad

SLAY

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Dan Tanna posted:

new rules requiring compulsory fingerprinting for all passengers. ...national aviation security rules will require fingerprints to be scanned when passengers pass through security into the airside terminal. Passengers will be fingerprint-scanned again at their flight departure gate.

Thanks for the post. Totally mind-boggling.

Also see, Britain to get giant Orwell-style TV screens in 60 cities w/mandatory viewing www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was told Britain was getting totally fascist. Now I see why that was said.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by counterterrorist]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeaceUk
I'm pretty sure they already have this in the US. I remember last time I went they took our pictures and fingerprints.

And we retina scan as well. (At least in some cases, the last person who came to visit me from the UK was scanned both of the last two times they arrived.) Welcome to the post 9-11 world.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
yep i got my retena scanned, finger prints taken and my photo taken along with a nice 4 hour wait at mccarran airport when i last went to vegas.

One of the main things putting me off returning to the US. A four hour wait in a queue, line by line to go through customs after an 8 hour flight is a farce.

That was on top of sitting on the tarmac in the UK for 30 minutes after boarding waiting for homeland security giving us the green light to take off after checking the passenger list.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I am realizing it is inevitable that we all will be entered into this world wide data base one way or another. Airports just seem a handy way to do it. Not saying they should but just a place to do it.

We have an irradiator (for blood) where I work and despite having worked there for over 20 years we all had to fill out forms recently to vouch for each other. Required by Homeland security. And now I find out we are all going to be finger printed. This is all in case we decide to make a dirtly bomb out of the irradiator. Never mind the thing is in a lead lined locked room and must weigh a million pounds.

My point is, we are going to get, printed, scanned or what ever at some point. As I have said, I have nothing to hide, I am just "afraid" it may be used against some one sometime.

new topics

top topics

join