It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rule by Secrecy - Commentary and Questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Hello Mr. Marrs,

First I would like to say that I am currently reading Rule by Secrecy and am about half way through. It is the first "conspiracy" related book I have read and so far it has lived up to the great reviews I have read about it.

Now, I have five questions about some of the information presented in the book so far, as well as three "other" questions. I know I should have waited until I finished the book to ask these questions, but I'm impatient.

Short answers and yes or no answers will do. I know you're busy, and I appreciate your time. If there are any questions listed below that are answered in the book later on, please just skip those.

Book Related Questions:

Question 1: This, to this point, has not been mentioned in your book, but was the Titanic intentionally sunk to prevent John Jacob Astor IV, Benjamin Guggenheim, and Isador Strauss, all of whom perished on the Titanic, from stopping the birth of the Federal Reserve System, as the conspiracy theories suggest?

Question 2: Are there any governments in the world today that you believe are not under the control and influence of these bankers and organizations?

Question 3: Is there any evidence to suggest that the American Revolution, and the result of the war, was staged, and served the interests of the European banking families, as some conspiracy theories suggest (primarily due to George Washington's ties to Freemasonry)?

Question 4: Did control of the presidency by organizations like the CFR begin with Woodrow Wilson, and has any president since not been under the control of these people?

Question 5: Since so many news outlets and television/radio personalities are under the control of groups like the CFR, do you believe that radio host Alex Jones may be serving, or being influenced, by the very people he "speaks out against"?

"Other" Questions:

Question 1: Have you thought about writing an "extension" to Rule by Secrecy to include events which have occurred after you finished Rule by Secrecy, such as 9/11, the Iraq War, the housing and credit crisis, the PATRIOT ACT and crack down on freedoms and more?

Question 2: Have you ever been threatened by anyone you believe to be connected to people "high up"? If this is too personal of a question, please skip.

Question 3: If you could suggest one author, other than yourself, in the subject of conspiracies among secret societies and "the elite", who would it be?

Thank you for your time.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Hello, I have read most of the books by Mr Marrs (I am still awaiting shipping of his latest two from Amazon).
I think the British won the American Revolution it that they did not have to bring troops here and other costly items. They were our major trade partners before and after the war. Since they did not have to spend money on services for the country and still received the raw goods they needed, they won in the long end. There are a lot of wars that were controlled and I believe the Revolutionary War was one of them. The Crown left the Colonies alone and let them self govern. When they sent the troops in the French and Indian War, they just wanted the Colonies to pay a share of the cost. Not asking for too much since we benefited the most from it.

The books you might want to read is:
The Terror Conspiracy (that one has the Patriot Act and a lot of new information not previously available that backs up Rule by Secrecy)
The Rise of the Fourth Reich (I have not read yet)
Above Top Secret (coming in October, I have it pre-ordered)

I hope I have been of help and Mr Marrs does reply and will answer your questions.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
Above Top Secret (coming in October, I have it pre-ordered)

Who is this authored by? Any links to information about it?

And thank you for the information you presented.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

All the books I mentioned are by Jim Marrs. You can find them on Amazon.com

Fourth Reich
www.amazon.com...=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1217198965&sr=8-1

Above Top Secret
www.amazon.com...=pd_bbs_sr_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1217198965&sr=8-7

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

All the books I mentioned are by Jim Marrs. You can find them on Amazon.com

Fourth Reich
www.amazon.com...=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1217198965&sr=8-1

Above Top Secret
www.amazon.com...=pd_bbs_sr_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1217198965&sr=8-7

There is also another book by the name Above Top Secret written by Timothy Good and published in (let me go check my copy) 1987. It's about the worldwide conspiracy to cover up the ufo phenomenon and I quite enjoyed it.

I read a Marrs book years ago, I don't remember the title, it was mostly about freemasons. It was good. Anyone know which title I'm refering to? It WAS some years ago.

Vas

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasilis Azoth

It sounds like Rule By Secrecy. That book has not only Freemasons, but many other secret societies and organizations.
I heard about Mr Good's book Above Top Secret. I just got Stanton Friedman's latest book on flying saucers.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Howdy NovusOrdoMundi,

Here's my attempt to answer your questions:

1. I do not believe the sinking of the Titanic was a conspiracy as they did not have the technology to move an iceberg into the ship's path. At this point I consider the sinking simply a maritime disaster although it proved most convenient to those attempting to ram through the Federal Reserve Act through Congress.

2. As a rule of thumb, simply consider all the nations listed by President Bush as the "Axis of Evil" as those who are balking at the globalists' New World Order. Some of these nations are indeed opposed to human rights and are not good neighbors but others are simply trying to maintain their nationalist and economic independence.

3. While it is well-documented that the American Revolution was largely instigated by Freemasons and other secret societies, to include the infamous Illuminati, there is no hard evidence to prove that the revolution was anything more than a genuine uprising of people who felt they were oppressed by the British crown. As stated by Benjamin Franklin, " The colonies would gladly have borne the little tax on tea and other matters had not it been that England took away from the colonies their money, which created unemployment and dissatisfaction." Yet, always remember that only about 20 percent of the population in America were devoutly dedicated to breaking ties with Britain. The majority, like today, just went along with whichever way the wind blew.

4. Every president since Wilson has had to deal with the CFR -- not so much as an organization but with the oligarchs at the center of the CFR. Prior to the CFR's inception in 1921, national leaders still gave good ear to the owners of the Trusts (now known as corporations) and their bankers. In fact, all nations operate under the "Golden Rule" -- namely, whoever has the most gold (money), does most of the ruling.

5. Knowing Alex Jones as I do, I feel he is on the level (hmmm? a Masonic term) and well intentioned in his work. Putting some of his histrionics aside (bullhorns and all that), I have found his information to be very accurate and his conclusions sound. Of course, Alex, like myself, is at the mercy of the available information. If the information proves false (and there is a lot of you-know-what flying around), then the conclusions are false. But I think the intent of both Alex and myself is to bring to the public the truth as we understand it.

OTHER QUESTIONS:

1. The answer to this question may be found in my latest book, The Rise of the Fourth Reich, now available in all bookstores, Amazon or from my website, JimMarrs.com.

2. I have been audited by the IRS which found nothing seriously wrong but then I don't have enough money to be concerned with. Just recently I tried to purchase a gun from a Wal-Mart store but was told my application to Homeland Security was "declined." I am attempting to find the reason for this as I have no criminal nor mental health record and, in fact, hold an honorable discharge from the US Army in which I held a Top Secret security clearance.

3, There are a number of good books on conspiracies out there but I would recommend David Ray Griffin on the subject of 9/11; G. Edward Griffin on banking and Federal Reserve and Ralph Epperson and Eustace Mullins on the globalists and oligarchs.

Jim Marrs

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Marrs

Thank you for your answers.

I just have one comment, its in regards to your first answer:

The primary theory I have heard about the Titanic is that John Jacob Astor IV, Benjamin Guggenheim, and Isador Strauss were opposed to, and had the power to prevent, a Federal Reserve System.

Since J.P. Morgan had ties with White Star Line, people believe these three men were somehow lured on to the Titanic by the very people who knew that it would sink.

Now, the theory doesn't claim some sort of technology was used to move an iceberg, nor does it claim the ship was sunk in some military attack fashion. But what it does claim is that Captain Edward Smith was connected to the Jesuit Order.

The people who theorize about the Titanic and the Jesuit Order point to a document in the Library of Congress that is allegedly a Jesuit Oath. Part of the oath says basically you should sacrifice yourself if you are told to.

Further "evidence" of theirs is that Captain Edward Smith had sailed through the North Atlantic many times before, and knew of the danger of icebergs, but still went full speed ahead.

Then, to top it off, the Federal Reserve System was formed shortly after the Titanic sank.

I used to believe this theory before I realized it was more of the same garbage you see on these third-rate websites that take a little bit of information and blow it in to a huge unprovable conspiracy theory targeting one group and one group only, in this case the Jesuit Order.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I can't contribute to answering any of the OP's questions but I am almost finished reading Rule by Secrecy and I wanted to say that it is a very humbling experience to realize how much effort Jim Marrs has put into his research.

The book covers a lot of territory and notes many interesting connections. I'm enjoying it and learning a lot.

This area of study is by it's very nature murky and confusing. Jim has created a great comprehensive overview of the subject. I think this book would almost be a must for anyone interested in the subject of secret societies and the illuminati.

top topics

join