It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Qigong Meditation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I have recently taken an interest in Qigong Meditation and highly recommend it for anyone that enjoys meditating.

Introduction to Qigong

Qigong (Chi Kung) comes from the Chinese words "Qi" meaning "life force or vital energy" plus "Gong" meaning "practice" or "work." Pronounced like "CHEE GUNG", Qigong is a unique Chinese exercise system. Through individual effort, practitioners build up their health and prevent illness by combining the disciplines of the mind, body and the body's Qi (vital life force). Qigong draws on five main elements. It includes "regulating the body" through specific postures, "regulating the mind" through quiet, relaxation and concentration of one's mental activity, "regulating the breath", self-massage, and the movement of the limbs.

After searching on this wonderful meditation I came across this site that I would like to share with others who seek to learn this wonderful practice.

Wisdom Qigong

This site gives wonderful instructions for those who have never done this before.

Happy meditating!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
thanks...I am also interested in qi/chi/prana cultivation...
its amazing when you truly realize you are a bioelectric being...

and to return the favor

ninja mind control

a collection of ancient knowledge to help the reader learn to control his or her own mind....
a real good read..

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Thanks for the info, I was actually self massaging when I stumbled upon your post (temporalis and neck). If I'm idle or bored I usually do my best to relax and loosen a muscle, any muscle, in my body. I've been doing a lot of personal stuff that I think will go along well with this. Thanks again.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Iinvision,

Thanks for the Ninja Mind Control Link. I look forward to sharing information, ideas and experiences in these journeys with you guys.

I will be updating in this thread as I go.

[edit on 7/5/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
also I came across this a little bit ago and it really dropped a bomb on me...in a good way though. For quite a while my brain was struggling with the yin yang energy concept. The push and pull. For a while I couldn't get an accurate visual of these opposing energies, in respect to how they pertain to my qi.
Ive been creating psi balls for a while now and I have come across amazing discoveries in that the energy can defy both time and space. It can also be used as a telepathic medium and a telekinetic mechanism.

While I have grown by leaps and bounds with telepathy, the telekinesis aspect is still latent within me. That is until today when I started reading this e book on chi power
chi power

The book really broke down the yin and the yang. It makes so much more sense now to me.
The Yin is magnetic energy. The Yang is electric energy. Notice how everything that our human perception can perceive( light, darkness, other humans, insects, television screens, books is all electro-magnetic energy! WTF!!!
I dunno about you guys but to me that is some fascinating stuff...

have you seen this vid?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
YEAH! I saw that video and it's what made me actually take an interest in Qigong. It's friggin wild. See, I've been gathering Qi for a while now and I had no idea what to do with it. I've just been gathering it and playing with it (kinda like psi balls) and just tossing it around. I know that sounds kinda weird to people that aren't familiar with it, but its true. Then, I came across these Qi master videos, one of which is the one you posted above, and all of a sudden everything clicked. I immediately knew that I wanted to learn Quigong. So that's what I'm doing. That link I gave you above has some really nice exercises in it and you can even google the names of the exercises under google videos and get a video of the particular exercise you are learning. I found that extremely helpful.

Keep me updated on your progress too, as I am interested in hearing about it.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
yes, thats how I started out too. I hit up psi pog for a few weeks just soaking up as much info as I could. I always enjoyed meditation but couldn't do it all the time. Then one day I just started doing it multiple times a day and my powers increased.

I too will keep adding any useful info and tidbits I find on this powerful, fascinating, and most slept on(western society) subject...

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This is very useful info, but I've always thought that yin were positibe ions and yang were negative. And I noticed that the writer of the article "Chi Power Plus" is talking alot about God.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
It is fascinating. Just be careful how deep into the art you delve.
www.rickross.com...

new topics

top topics

join