It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farscape

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Does anyone have any updated info on the forthcoming mini series? I haven't heard anything new in months! Farscape was the last show that I actually watched on a weekly basis.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Does anyone have any updated info on the forthcoming mini series? I haven't heard anything new in months! Farscape was the last show that I actually watched on a weekly basis.

WHAT??? MINI SERIES???

I loved Farscape and was very mad when they took it off the air. Stupid move if you ask me. That show could probably transition to the big screen pretty well.

Looking forward to hearing more...

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
About 3 months ago, they (Henson co.) realised the info that there will be a 3 or 4 hour mini series to conclude the series. This was rumored about for the past 8 months. All of the cast has already signed on for the project, but it has not been announced what station will air it.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This is from the Watchfarscape.com web site:

Farscape Returns - 4-hour mini-series
Story by: Red
Posted on: 03/02/04
Updated: 03/02/04
Greetings, Farscape fans!

Farscape will be returning as a 4-hour mini-series. The mini-series is in production now, back in Sydney, Australia. Claudia Black, Ben Browder, Gigi Edgley, Anthony Simcoe, and Raelee Hill are all reported to be signed up. The mini-series was written by series creator Rockne S. O'Bannon and executive producer David Kemper, and is being directed by Brian Henson. Filming began December 15th, 2003 and is expected to run until mid-March 2004.

At this time there's no word on distribution -- so we don't know when or where it will air, but sources say it may be late 2004 to early 2005. The mini-series is being produced by the Jim Henson Company and partners. The SCI FI Channel is reportedly not involved in production. Also, please note the Jim Henson Company has not made an official announcement, yet.

Yes, the mini-series is meant to wrap-up some loose ends, including that nasty 4th season-ending cliffhanger, to make this a more complete package for syndication. However, the future of Farscape will most likely depend a lot on how the mini-series does. The fans got the story four more hours, and if we can get more eyeballs for the mini-series, well, it's possible that Farscape may indeed have a very bright future.

No, there's not a whole lot of information yet. We have had a word or two from crew down in Australia, letting us know that Moya and several sets have been rebuilt, and Pilot's out of his box. Please check out our community forums for additional information. We'll update this page when we get anything new we're able to share.

On Feb 24, Image Creative updated their website with this little snippet --

24/02/2004
We once again have assumed the identity of the Henson Creature shop in Sydney and are in the final throes of the Farscape Mini Series, only a couple of weeks to go till completion. We have produced 22 episodes worth of work in 4 mini-movies, so get ready for Farscape on Acid! It's been an experience we will never forget.

Also, on January 31st of this year, Farscape's creator Rockne O'Bannon dropped a little note to the fans --

Hi WatchFarscapers,

A quick shout out from the fringes of the Uncharteds -- just to say a loud and sustained Thank You for your continuing passion for and efforts on behalf of The Little SF Show That Could. As I mentioned at the Farscape Con in Burbank, David Kemper and I spent last Fall working on a secret project -- well, the most unsecret of secret projects. And though I cannot confirm or deny anything, let's just say that your undying efforts to keep awareness of a certain television series alive within the entertainment community is the singular reason why a particular unnamed project is now halfway through production. On behalf of everyone currently working on -- oops, almost said it! -- well, on behalf of everybody working on SOMETHING down in Sydney, Australia, a resounding Thank You. Here's hoping you'll all be pleased with the fruits of your efforts.

Cheers,
Rockne

If you're interested in some more information -- well, not much more information, but for some of the same information with new words, check out the following links.

Our announcement on November 18th here.

Chicago Tribune here.

Syfyportal.com here.

Ventura County Star here.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I quoted this from Image Creative Partners official site: This is in their What's new section:

"24/02/2004
We once again have assumed the identity of the Henson Creature shop in Sydney and are in the final throes of the Farscape Mini Series, only a couple of weeks to go till completion. We have produced 22 episodes worth of work in 4 mini-movies, so get ready for Farscape on Acid! It's been an experience we will never forget.
We are loving being in our new workshop in Mascot, Sydney. It seemed so huge when we first moved in back in November. Since then it's been filled with crazy activity. Because of the workload, we have taken on quite a number of new creature crew. They have been fantastic and we would like to congratulate everybody on a hard job, brilliantly done."

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
SCI FI Brings Back Farscape

SCI FI announced it will be bringing back Farscape with an all-new miniseries � called Farscape: Peacekeeper War � slated to air in the fourth quarter of this year. The four-hour miniseries picks up where the cliffhanger series finale left off and will reunite John Crichton (Ben Browder), Aeryn Sun (Claudia Black) and the rest of the Moya crew.

Farscape creator Rockne O'Bannon and executive producer David Kemper wrote the miniseries, which was directed by Brian Henson. "Peacekeeper War" was produced by the Jim Henson Company and Hallmark Entertainment, and executive produced by Robert Halmi Jr.

SCI FI will make the official announcement at noon on Monday, April 5, during the channel's advertising sales "upfront" presentation.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Bump as per Intredpid's request.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Nice to see fans of the most innovative sci-fi show in 30 years. Space, our sci-fi channel, held the Spacey awards last month. While presenting a couple of awards it was asked of Ben Browder the future of Farscape. He said to watch for something this summer, but he couldn't talk about it. Guess we are going to get what we wanted. Spread the word fans. This could be our last chance to show our support for the show. Future projects will probably depend on the success of this one. Thanks, Jonna.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Nice to see fans of the most innovative sci-fi show in 30 years.

Ya, that sucks as there has been so little originallity since Star Wars, Alien and Star Trek before them both. There have been scattered scifi films here and there, but nothing that really spawned a fan movement like Farscape. Well Stargate perhaps and the whole cyber literature craze that Bladerunner caused because of Philip K. Dick's 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?'

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
In all sci-fi there has always been that one question, "How do different species communicate?" The universal translator, that's a little weak, how does it translate languages that it hasn't had experience with? Translator microbes that affect the brain, that's unique.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I wish I could find some updates on the new project, but it is all just re-hashing of the old news. What I liked best about Farscape was the lack of "Scooby Doo" endings. Sometimes things went horribly wrong and weren't wrapped up in a happy package at the end of the hour. The show had great continuity and sometimes the bad decisions the characters made come home to roost later on in the series. I loved that.

...that and Claudia Black, of course!

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Loved this series too, it was great. I cant wait for the mini. Another series that went before its time was that fox or whatever t.v. scifi-series Firefly..lol I loved that show it was weird and was a great idea but they cancled it half way through season one, the bastards.

-Gala

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
SPOILERS!!!

Go over to www.farscapeworld.com... and check the news section for images from the upcoming mini series.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
SPOILERS!!!

This weeks tv guide:

Dumped but not forgotten, Farscape returns as an epic four-hour miniseries. Here's the exclusive scoop for long-suffering Scapers.
By Ileane Rudolph

Everybody knows wormholes suck. But in March 2003, when SCI FI Channel pulled Farscape through a wormhole and into cancellation after only four seasons, that *really* sucked for the show's army of stunned fans. They were left on the edge of their couches wondering what would happen to John Crichton (Ben Browder) and his alien pregnant lover Aeryn Sun (Claudia Black) after they were vaporized into a mass of tiny crystals.

Farscape's fans--who proudly call themselves "Scapers"--mounted a massive effort to save the witty, inventive series.

Fan campaigns succeed about as often as astronauts disappear in space, but this time the Scapers pulled it off. The result: Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars, a four-hour October mini-series produced by Hallmark Entertainment and the Jim Henson Company for SCI FI. Grateful producer-director Brian Henson promises to deliver "everything the fans want. We never would have made it without [them]. The consortium of British financiers that came together [to fund the miniseries] approached me because of what the fans were doing."

Why did SCI FI, which dumped the series, coop up the miniseries? "It was [offered to us at] a price we could afford," says a network source. "Airing it was a no-brainer."

Henson bills The Peacekeeper Wars as an "epic romance set against a huge war" that even viewers new to Farscape will enjoy. Here are some tantalizing plot tidbits.

- Dearly departed Zhaan (Virginia Hey), the much-missed blue priestess, may resurface.

- The lilliputian tyrant, Rygel XVI, becomes unexpectedly pregnant--with Aeryn's baby!

- The beauty, Sikozu (Raelee Hill), and the beast, Scorpius (Wayne Pygram)? They've bonded.

- And John and Aeryn decrystallize to raise their family in peace--only to get caught in the middle of an interstellar war.

If enough people watch, Henson says, there could be a Farscape theatrical movie or even a possible spin-off series, with Browder in command. "A role like John Crichton is an absolute gift," he says. "I'd be a fool not to want to do it."

First reported over at savefarscape.com.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Finally, Tell me when it's aired over there, with any luck the BBC should pick it up again, they didn't drop it when it was being shown over here at any time, even when it looked like they would. now... I must set my video for the 3:20-in-the-morning repeats of the last series.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
FARSCAPE RULES
Thank you for making this thread Jonna, I am now up to date on my favourite SC-FI show. I knew they couldn't stop it for long, too many people love it. I do not have SC-FI channel though. does this mean I will not be able to see this new mini-series? I really hope it will air on some other channel. Bring on a film I say .

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I'm glad they're making more Farscapes. They left us hanging! It's sad they agreed to five seasons but cancelled. It's strange, it seems whenever they get a great new series not enough people watch. I can't count how many stupid shows seem to go on year after year and this one dodn't. I wish they would make movies, but nomatter what I hope they are able to keep all the main actors. I don't think it would be the same without them. GO FARSCAPE!

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Just why the hell did Farscape stop. The article below looks into it, it's amazing how it was voted as more popular than buffy and startgate and all that other junk. *sigh*

Too clever by far?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
As a grown man, I should NOT be so excited about a TV show. ...but I am!
There just isn't much that gets my attention on television anymore, so maybe it is just my reaction to the end of the "dry spell." SciFi Channel put Farscape in a horrible time slot then acted surprised that its ratings didn't increase. It was a conspriacy, I tell you!

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I just saw this on Dark Horizons:
"Farscape" siren Claudia Black will guest star as Vala in the upcoming Stargate SG-1 episode according to co-executive producer Joseph Mallozzi.

...then discovered that I missed it already according to this article.
Claudia Black to guest star on SG-1, JUNE 20, 2004

edit: panic averted. I'm a dope. That is the date of the article. The air date for "Prometheus Unbound" episode #811 is way in the future. #804 is airing July 30th.

[Edited on 22-6-2004 by Spectre]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join