It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tactical Nuke used in Iraq?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
According to Al Jazeera (apparently, cannot confirm it) a tactical nuke was used in Iraq and the video from Iraqi TV has been causing wildfire on the internet;

My opinion, the video might of been edited, but the explosion is quite "nuke like" [but I am sitting on the fence]. 3.55 is when the allege strike occured.

But the location is an ammo dump (again, cannot confirm it), the explosion is still worth an investigation though because it does not seem to be caused by an ammo explosion. Looks out of place.

Before the allege strike, you can see another missile strike on the location.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by infinite]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If you go back far enough (a year ago) someone translated what was written on the screen.

*at 11 pm baghdad time, 8 GMT, a series of explosions rocked baghdad *the american army announced that an ammunition storage caught fire at the american base in Dora south of baghdad, leading to a series of explosions. there are no casialties so far.

You can see the series of explosions starting just after the three minute mark.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
So tell me.....What's the reporter saying? Is he reporting a nuke has been detonated in Iraq? Also....why we would use/waste a nuke on a country we have already defeated? Got thow up the BS flag on the tactical nuke question. It's not a nuke. We need to save the ones we have for Iran.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Hugues de Payens]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Yep, I saw it on al-Jezeera. I don't know what to think about it. I am certain the USA are capable of using something like this, but I also now that this could be just another big fake.

There is a lot of energy churning through the St. Michael ley line today in Somerset. I am more concerned what that is about than this video.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Thats not a nuke, just a massive explosion.

Go watch some videos of some large explosions taken during the daytime (plenty of them from Iraq) and you'll see they have the shock wave and mushroom cloud just like some of the nuclear explosions you've seen. The blinding flash I'm sure is just a camera issue and not what a human observer would have seen.

Not only that, why would we hit an ammo dump (or anything in Iraq) with a nuke in the first place. Tactical or whatever. I think we have plenty of better options other than radiating parts of Iraq.

Just doesn't make any sense, to me at least.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Agree, not a nuclear explosion. A very impressive conventional ordinance explosion IMO> Even the Davy Crockett, had it been used, would have produced measurable radiation, and that, to me, is the deciding factor in this story. The U.S. and allied forces were LOOKING for WMD. It would have been phenomenally foolish to introduce a radioactive weapon. Had they been able to find a quantifiable reading of even background radioisotopes [not radionucleides or Radon Daughters] that would've been strong evidence toward the WMD assertation. I think many mistakes were made before, during, after the Iraq war, but cannot imagine such a colossally stupid manuver as introducing a radiative substance to Iraq. Nobody is that dumb. To their credit, it would've been a simple matter to "hide" fissionable material in Iraq with signatures that pointed to, say, Russian or Pakistani material. That was not done.

Interesting story.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
If my memory serves me correctly, this occurred about 12 mths ago, and was reported as an attack on a major US base. The explosion you see was reported as a possible nuke at the time, but was later confirmed as an ammo dump exploding.

From memory again, a long list of US casualties from this attack was listed on a web-site somewhere, with a number of senior officers killed.

top topics

join