It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbreakable(not the movie)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Have you ever thought you were unbreakable? I mean really? I have went through so much garbage in my life I should be dead. I will give some examples(yes some will say a waste of a life etc). 8years old I was in a vehicle with my family. A tornado passed directly over us. It ripped up the trailer sitting right next to the vehicle we were in(parked there due to to much hail/rain to keep going). I was in a head on cr accident(to me I T boned them due to they U-turned infront of me) all I managed was a cheeseburger to the face(yes I had a cheeseburger in my hand)., I was hospitalized with a blood alcohol level of .799(no not .0799). meaning basically 70% of my blood was alcohol. My best friend(who died in a car accident) the night he passed asked me to come down there. I chose not too.

I want people thoughts on all these occasions I should have been and in most odds could have been dead. i hope I am in the correct section.

Also I no longer drink that much anymore and am working on getting my life straight. Please do not refer to the drinking example as well this guy drinks way to much.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
My olderbrother tried to murder me several times. Drowning twice, tried to push me out of a window, attacked me with a kitchen knife. I have been in more fights with strangers than I care to recount, though I find there is something about my appearance that makes people want to fight me. I have been robbed and in car accidents and drunk more than would seem humanly possible. I have done a lot of drugs and slept in the streets and survived natural diasters.

Do I feel "unbreakable?" NO. I am just a lucky bastard who knows how and when to punch a person square in the face. I am not bragging. I am just lucky.
I get out of a lot of situations but I am scared a lot.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CallMeMaury
My olderbrother tried to murder me several times. Drowning twice, tried to push me out of a window, attacked me with a kitchen knife. I have been in more fights with strangers than I care to recount, though I find there is something about my appearance that makes people want to fight me. I have been robbed and in car accidents and drunk more than would seem humanly possible. I have done a lot of drugs and slept in the streets and survived natural diasters.

Do I feel "unbreakable?" NO. I am just a lucky bastard who knows how and when to punch a person square in the face. I am not bragging. I am just lucky.
I get out of a lot of situations but I am scared a lot.

Your comments make sense, but I do not do drugs I do not choose to get in fights(I hardly get in any). you seam to e the type that is purposely testing death. Where as I choose not too. yet there have been many cases were I have. I am not saying I am "unbreakable" it was just a good headline. I know I can die. There have just been so many time i should have died when I did not. Yes you may have been robbed in a car accident(not good for you). There are many more examples I could give when I should have died when I did not and if you look where I live the case just doesnt stand right with me. I have finally looked at my life and realized I need to calm down. I have a child and a loving girl who I am engaged to.

This post came due to the fact today when I came home was one of the first times I have felt "ALIVE!". I got home and saw my daughter and we played( she cant play hard yet, just walking holding on to things and crawling). yet it hit me. I could be dead many of times. yet I am still here for I know why. In my mind I was the most worthless person in the world. Yet I am here. I have a beautiful daughter who I can come home to(Thank god, medicine, or just life). With all them things I listed above and many more reasons I should be dead.

if you sitting there on drugs/drinking/fighting. Thinking your the type of person people want to fight yea your bound to end up beat 1day or another. I am not that type of person. These are random happenings and what it sounds to me is you were like I was when I was 15-16years old out drinking to much and not knowing what your doing and fighting to much. Sorry if I am incorrect just saying thats what your post seams.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I've won more fights than a scrawny, somewhat outa shape white kid should have. I've fallen pretty hard, and had some pretty good wieght drop on me. Had some instances where I should be more injured than I end up, I guess. But mostly thats a combination of dumb luck, flexibility, knowing how to take a punch, good muscle memory, and knowing how to roll.
Unbreakable? Nope, just managed noto to break so far. Saying something like that's asking for trouble, in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
I've won more fights than a scrawny, somewhat outa shape white kid should have. I've fallen pretty hard, and had some pretty good wieght drop on me. Had some instances where I should be more injured than I end up, I guess. But mostly thats a combination of dumb luck, flexibility, knowing how to take a punch, good muscle memory, and knowing how to roll.
Unbreakable? Nope, just managed noto to break so far. Saying something like that's asking for trouble, in my opinion.

you also need to read the message above. I also dont get the white kids comment, but I will keep that out of my mind. Read above.

Edited due to meaning purpose: Meaning why dont you say scrawny black kid or any other race?

[edit on 2-7-2008 by ExCloud]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ExCloud

Sorry, sometimes I forget where I am.
Want to add to what I said and say I got in a bit of an accident where I had a car door bend around my head, fallen several feet from trees to land on rocks and not be particularly injured, and several other things.
Generally speaking, we all have instances in our lives where we should not have survived. Generally we should take them for granted and try very hard to avoid such instances in the future, cause eventually the old fellow comes along to collect the debt.
Yes, we are all going to die some day, doesn't mean we have to make the old guy's work any easier. Even the people who do stunts for a living make sure they are as safe as possible beforehand.

Esit: I didn't say scrawny black kid 'cause I am and was a scrawny white kid. Sorry, like I said, sometimes I forget where I am, when I think about where I've been.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by RuneSpider]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
reply to post by ExCloud

Sorry, sometimes I forget where I am.
Want to add to what I said and say I got in a bit of an accident where I had a car door bend around my head, fallen several feet from trees to land on rocks and not be particularly injured, and several other things.
Generally speaking, we all have instances in our lives where we should not have survived. Generally we should take them for granted and try very hard to avoid such instances in the future, cause eventually the old fellow comes along to collect the debt.
Yes, we are all going to die some day, doesn't mean we have to make the old guy's work any easier. Even the people who do stunts for a living make sure they are as safe as possible beforehand.

Esit: I didn't say scrawny black kid 'cause I am and was a scrawny white kid. Sorry, like I said, sometimes I forget where I am, when I think about where I've been.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by RuneSpider]

This is what this post was meant for and like I said I dont know where it belongs. I want to hear strange accidents that happened where you should have been dead, but are not.

I will share 1more example to my list above. i was in my little Honda Civic Si. I was driving to work about 45miles out of town(worked at 6am). I left at 4:30. I ended up hitting a horse(lucky the horse was already hit and dead). The trucker that had been just not even 5mins ahead of me ended up hitting the horse. I hit the dead horse at a rate of 75mph. My vehicle bowed in the middle when I was air born for the 2-4seconds I was all that was going through my head was "i am going to roll, I am going to roll." thank someone I didnt. I landed all but 2 windows broke out of the car. The car bowed up 8 inches in the middle. Had I left 5minutes early that would have been me hitting the live horse.

Hitting a live horse in my little Honda it would have been through my windshield into me. So in some way I was just luck. That morning my girlfriend kept me home a bit later to have the house clean so the dogs couldnt eat nothing when she went to work. This is what this post is for is just to give some thought on how close to death people can be at any moment and at anytime and what 5-10mins can mean.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ExCloud

I am not the type who tests death. I actually have severe anxiety which limits me on a daily basis. I am afraid of death. I just tend to end up in these situations. Granted, I have done drugs, but mostly to self-medicate. As far as the fights: I don't know why but strangers always want to fight me. I have never met anyone who has as much trouble staying out of fights as me. I have studied martial arts and I fully restrain myself. I fully believe it takes two people to start a fight and I have gotten out of more fights than I've been in simply by playing the coward. But there is something, where a stranger will see me and one second of eye contact will spur violence.

It almost feels supernatural. In real life I am a funny, gregarious, somewhat introverted guy. These ridiculous situations seem to descend upon me. Other than the drugs and alcohol obviously, though I have never been involved in violence while drunk or high.

I had a lot of experience fighting growing up, with a sociopathic brother who wouldn't think twice about ending my life. HE was much bigger than me and I didn't have a choice to fight him.

I have survived severe car accidents, including getting hit while I was walking, with minimal injury. I have survived hip deep hurricaine flood water and twisters. I don't know why my life is so mixed up with insane stuff, but I definitely don't try to court death.

As far as unbreakable goes: after all this stuff, I may not be broken, but I'm not exactly good looking. I have a facial disfigurment where my mouth doens't close all the way and my teeth are all long and crooked with impact marks on them. And I have scars from the time my brother tried to knife me. Definitely not unbreakable.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CallMeMaury
reply to post by ExCloud

I am not the type who tests death. I actually have severe anxiety which limits me on a daily basis. I am afraid of death. I just tend to end up in these situations. Granted, I have done drugs, but mostly to self-medicate. As far as the fights: I don't know why but strangers always want to fight me. I have never met anyone who has as much trouble staying out of fights as me. I have studied martial arts and I fully restrain myself. I fully believe it takes two people to start a fight and I have gotten out of more fights than I've been in simply by playing the coward. But there is something, where a stranger will see me and one second of eye contact will spur violence.

It almost feels supernatural. In real life I am a funny, gregarious, somewhat introverted guy. These ridiculous situations seem to descend upon me. Other than the drugs and alcohol obviously, though I have never been involved in violence while drunk or high.

I had a lot of experience fighting growing up, with a sociopathic brother who wouldn't think twice about ending my life. HE was much bigger than me and I didn't have a choice to fight him.

I have survived severe car accidents, including getting hit while I was walking, with minimal injury. I have survived hip deep hurricaine flood water and twisters. I don't know why my life is so mixed up with insane stuff, but I definitely don't try to court death.

As far as unbreakable goes: after all this stuff, I may not be broken, but I'm not exactly good looking. I have a facial disfigurment where my mouth doens't close all the way and my teeth are all long and crooked with impact marks on them. And I have scars from the time my brother tried to knife me. Definitely not unbreakable.

Awesome story! This is what I am looking for true stories where life is on the line and people seam to live. As for me i only have a few burns from cars from my job. The main reason I brought up this subject is due to the fact I lost relative etc in accident where in my mind that would have been like nothing to the stuff I have already gone through.

My grandpa died 2years ago. He was in a vehicle accident and when my father visited him at the hospital he seamed fine and was talking about my dads job etc. Then 3days later he passed. I dunno to me this is just odd and thats what I was thinking about tonight and another reason I brought up the issue. I could not see myself being fine then just passing. My grandpa was only 67years old wich to me isnt old. In my head I would not have died. I dont want to and I can guarantee no matter what happens I will not die till I am atleast 85years old(this is the age I choose to die). In my head you choose your time. I am sure my grandpa chose his time. He talked to my pa like normal on that day. Then just declined. I think he was at peace and he knew he could pass and feel ok.

More good stories please keep them coming. Defying what others would have died in to me is kind of what I look for. its my thing and dont see many topics on it.

new topics

top topics

join