It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beaumont, CA Lockheed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Arrow94

Text

Hi Arrow94

We are your Lockheed Beaumont Potrero guests, Rich and friends.
We will attempt to show photos by means of flicker.
WE NEED HELP HERE FROM SOME OF YOU ATS image experts. When we post the link for Flickr, ATS shortens it so it is useless.
The direct links to flicker did not work on this ATS post. Therefore, try to copy and paste links to Google search. They can be viewed on Google, but not on Firefox. Uughh, technology.

The 500 acres area where these photos were taken is still owned by Lockheed Martin for the purpose of continued testing and removing toxic chemicals from the ground water.

Propellant Mixing Machine, is shown on the link below, was operated by remote control from the mixing control bunker; just in case the propellant went BOOM !
flickr.com/photos/129259403@N02/15710859096/in/photostream/

Propellant Mixing Control Bunker is shown on the link below. This bunker is located directly across the hill from the mixing machine. Mysteriously, the bunker is still locked, with cameras, electricity and air conditioning. Hmmm, we wonder what is inside the bunker?
flickr.com/photos/129259403@N02/15734574235/in/photostream/

If these FLICKR photo links work, then we will post more photos of the Lockheed Potrero ruins.

Hope for the best,
Rich

edit on 7-11-2014 by richpowers because: fix links

edit on 7-11-2014 by richpowers because: Fix links again

edit on 7-11-2014 by richpowers because: We are trying to post photos

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Thanks, Geriac for throwing us some info on how to post photos. One of our friends used Flickr to post the photos. ATS shortens the links to flicker so the links won't work. So, we took www. off the front of the URL and pasted it. Now, people can copy the URL and paste it into Google and see photos.

Soon, We will post more photos of lots of stuff we found at Lockheed, Beaumont, Potrero site. In person, one gets a feeling of awe. It is so quiet there, and from hill tops you overlook this vast wild Potrero valley. The Trees in Potrero Creek are huge and there are thousands of trees in the creek. Something one can't tell from Google earth. Some of the roads there are still paved for miles and there are miles of electric lines crossing this vast place. They look like they are still working with the poles, wires and transformers looking to be in good shape. Somebody has to pay to maintain miles of electric power. Makes me wonder why miles of live power is still needed there?

Thanks for your help posting our pictures, Geriac.
Rich

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Yz250

Hey Austin,
Is this the place you saw?

Copy and paste these links onto Google to see pix.

A different shot of the remote controlled propellant mixer.
flickr.com/photos/129259403@N02/15737690925/

The hill between the mixer and the trailer.
flickr.com/photos/129259403@N02/15552867770/in/photostream/

The trailer next to the bunker.
flickr.com/photos/129259403@N02/15552868570/in/photostream/

You can see the mountain of rubble off in the distance. It was mined from the MWD Potrero shaft during the digging of the San Jacinto Tunnel for the Colorado River Aquaduct from Parker Dam. Delivers 2 billion gallons of water a day to Southern California.
flickr.com/photos/129259403@N02/15117741974/in/photostream/

Hope, you like the picks.

If you leave your email address here, Arrow94 might contract you about hosting a tour.
Rich

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: richpowers

Once you copy and paste one link, the whole photo stream is available by selecting thumbnail at the bottom.
Oh, and it is Gariac. ;-)

I'm at a loss why they wouldn't just haul away most of what I see in the photos. Not the bunker, but much of what is there is easily removed. There is the legal issue of "attractive nuisance."

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac

Oh, and it is Gariac. ;-)

Yeah, not Geriac.
As in Geriatric.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

At years old, I am the real geriatric.

Mean while, check out this video of a solid rocket fuel test at the 10 story tall rocket test stand at Lockheed Martin Potrero rocket test site, Beaumont, California. Please copy and paste the URL on to Google search and watch this and more new videos and and more new photos we posted on Flickr for you ABOVE TOP SECRET FANS to enjoy.

flickr.com/photos/129259403@N02/15567060947/

We have lots more photos and videos of the abandoned ruins of the Lockheed Propulsion Company's Potrero Site 1. We will be posting them soon, so keep checking for them, now and then.

We do it because, ATS FANS WANT TO KNOW!
Rich and friends

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac
GARIAC:
You have a point. Why did they leave the rocket fuel mixing plant?
Maybe we assumed it is a rocket fuel mixing plant, when in fact, it is actually a ground water purification plant.
Maybe they are still re-mediating the ground water and that is why it is still there. Who knows?
This is a case of the blind leading the blind.

But, yeah the state should haul away that ugly, useless trailer.
In fact, the rest of the place is clean. If we ever go there again, We will take a big black trash bag and pick up what little trash we saw there. We love this wild place and we want to keep clean.

Did you know that the CIA sponsored Avanti Project was secret for so long, that it was not revealed until the rockets were found in a storage bunker many years later and people started asking questions? They found out that these were the remaining unused rockets built by Lockheed Propulsion Company for the above top secret Avanti Project to get the D21-B recon drone's ram jet engine going fast enough to fire at about mach 2 (1200 mph). These rockets were developed here at Lockheed, Beaumont, Potrero Site 1.
Rich

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Arrow94 I have ben everywhere in that area and I am a close friend of the security guard that worked there for 15 years I can get what ever info u need south sunset st aka old idiwild road has a ungated entrance

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I live in San Jacinto appx 3 miles from this place .... I have been there and explored the area .. I also sell military manuals on ebay "jmnjohn" is my user name on there .. About 3 years ago I bought a huge estate from the Daughter of a retired Lockheed "special projects engineer" who worked for Lockheed Burbank from the late 30's to the late 50's then transferred to the Lockheed Missiles and Space Division in Sunnyvale Ca .... I have tons of stuff but today I found a binder from the LMSD with info on the Beaumont area ... The binder is dated 1962 ...........thx John ..

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Hello rich powers and arrow I live in town and was wondering if you guys are still active on this thread since the last posts seem to be from 2015
My girlfriend and I hiked up the hills around there and we are so fascinated by this place
We were wondering how does one get across that gate and explore? Will people really come in black SUVs and arrest us? Will we get in trouble just hoppin the gate and go? How does arrow have access to it? I really just want to hike through on the main roads and just see what I can see. This is so interesting I'd like to go through this place so bad just afraid of getting in trouble but I seen your photos with graffiti so obviously there is a way past the gate without getting arrested lol.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: sevenduce

How do I get in to see all of this? Will I be in trouble if I am caught hiking on the dirt roads? Really interested on seeing some of the abandoned sites help me out lol

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I realize this thread is from a while back but still, fascinating! I have always found this interesting: At these coordinates, 33.8866749,-116.9357832, you can see some odd mound formations (I am not sure if this has been covered yet). I had heard it said from my former pastor that he used to be allowed to keep bees in and around this area in the 1960s. He actually told me once that he was curious and ventured around the area. He says he saw a great amount of trucks pouring into this area at the time and said they were carrying missiles. He was so curious, he stayed and watched their doings. They were unloading these missiles into silos. During the 1970s, we would often see trails of a missile coming from this part of town. Very fascinating.
edit on 15-9-2017 by jukboxx111 because: misspelled words

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Heavylow
a reply to: sevenduce

How do I get in to see all of this? Will I be in trouble if I am caught hiking on the dirt roads? Really interested on seeing some of the abandoned sites help me out lol

Hi there heavylow, I have not been active for several years on this thread and I can’t believe how the time has gone by. There are many ways in, but due to kids trespassing and causing issues with dirt bikes, drugs alchohol and firearms, the Beaumont police and the fish and game now patrol the site rather regularly. If you are caught you will be cited for trespassing. About a year after giving rich a tour, I was walking the site and ran into a fish and game warden who was driving around searching for me on loudspeaker by my name.(my car was parked inside and He ran my plates to get my name) and I even had to go to court to fight a citation even though I have a key to the gate. If you don’t have a key you will most certainly wind up with a ticket or worse. It took a lot of explaining to the warden and the judge, and they were pretty upset about me having the key going as far as to question the integrity of their own wardens because I would not give a name who I got the key from.

It’s a beautiful and amazing site filled with tons of history and awesome places to explore, but I can’t say I recommend venturing through the gates to anyone who isn’t prepared for the consequences these days. I still may go back one day (I really do miss that place, I used to go every other weekend for over a year, but after my hassles I’ve stuck to exploring abandoned mine shafts where the dangers are all my own to watch out for rather then the dangers of punishment from the state. Anyone on here interested in exploring old mine shafts? Haha

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: sevenduce
a reply to: Arrow94 I have ben everywhere in that area and I am a close friend of the security guard that worked there for 15 years I can get what ever info u need south sunset st aka old idiwild road has a ungated entrance

Hi there, I don’t know of any info I really need anymore, as I’ve explored much of the site years ago and relayed everything I have found, but any information you can add to what you see here in this thread is always a good thing to inform people and to intrigue new explorers minds! Please share if you have new information!

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This article says,
BY DAVID JAMES HEISS, Record Gazette Sep 2, 2019
www.recordgazette.net...< br />
¨He once leased more than 1,000 acres in the Portrero area to Lockheed Martin, which used the area as a missile test site.

He claims that a couple of teenagers once trespassed onto that secured property and were shooting at rattlesnakes when they inadvertently ignited a dud, which caused serious injuries and lost him a $10 million lawsuit.¨

Does anyone know if they are underground missile silos or above ground? Thanks.

¨jukeboxx111: He says he saw a great amount of trucks pouring into this area at the time and said they were carrying missiles. He was so curious, he stayed and watched their doings. They were unloading these missiles into silos. During the 1970s¨

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Arrow94

Ahhh let's go exploring some mine shafts.

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yz250

Wow this is amazing.

So me and my friend where riding our dirt bikes out in the hills of Beaumont today. We went to highland springs and where trail riding/exploring in that general area. We come across what seemed to be a fairly large valley with a large wash in the middle, we then proceed to navigate through the wash and climb up the wall on the other side ( I don't see how any other type of vehicle could make it through there other than dirt bikes like ours). Once we get to the other side there are yellow signs every 100 feet or so for what seemed like miles. The signs read "CAUTION possible munitions present" or something like that. (im guessing this is or is close to petrero canyon?) Needless to say we where stunned, neither him nor I have every heard about the testing that went on in that area. As soon as I got home I hopped on the computer for some research and here I am. Would love to get a grand tour from you guys sometime, im extremely interested in the area!

Austin

OK, over 6 years later i'm back! I had to recover my ats password I haven't logged in since this post.

So roughly a month later we went back through the same route and pushed our exploration a whole lot further. Yes we saw it all. The first thing we came across was a dilapidated building, from what I remember it seemed to be a two story building with sheet metal sides and many of the panels where falling off etc. I would imagine it was the mixing plant. Further down the little asphalt road we took a bend to the right coming away from the building and there where 2 or 3 bunkers in the hillside along with what looked an awful lot like a rocket pad. It had two concrete walls in a L shape with rigging on the side to hold what I would assume to be a rocket of some kind. If i remember correctly it also had a large steel base plate at the bottom. I also remember 2 open manholes on each side of a bunker but they where filled with debris, still you could fall down into it 10 or 15 feet. Yes it was tricky to get in. We used dirtbikes to come in through highland springs, we took some very rough trails up and over the hills. Once we got into the valley there was a very large wash running down the middle, we found a way to get down inside the wash. It had vertical walls probably 10 to 12 feet high and a sand bottom. Its the best way to get to the facility undetected, it provides cover. We followed that wash up i would guess at least 1.5 miles until we found the first way out. It just so happend that it led straight into the small narrow asphalt road that led directly to the first dilapidated building. Etc. That was 6 years ago so I have no idea what it looks like now. Also another thing to note, i do earthwork for a living. We did that new housing track at the end of highland springs road. Long story short, we had a lot of left over dirt and the man that lives at the very end where the gates and security are offered to take the dirt for free. So I spent about a week up there with him at his property. If you are staring straight at the gate his property is directly to the left of it, its the second gate with the camera. If you stare to the right up on this hillside you can see 3 or 4 man made mounds of dirt, he told me that those where some of the rocket testing bays. He also mentioned that a big explosion took place in those particular bays during testing that killed a worker. Just drive down highland springs until it dead ends at the gate. Look to the right on top of the hillside, you cant miss those man made horseshoe looking mounds. Just another interesting tidbit!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join