It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Taboo Meat? (Human).

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Yeah, perhaps I should've said "book" lol

It's a classic banned, underground book along with the Jolly Roger's Cookbook and Turner Diaries. Although I must admit, I've never really read it, just have a small penchant for studying gynophagistic urges and the macabre in general.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Haha...yeah me too. I don't have a cannibal fixation per se...but it is interesting. If you were into this stuff 10 years ago or so, you may recognize the site my avatar is hosted on.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

lol, it seems Blackplague.org has been stolen. I do however recognize the avatar as coming from one of the top 5 greatest films ever made.

What do you mean "off topic"?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Well to get back ontopic, back in the day it was a huge site dealing with things of a morbid nature, including cannibalism.

While the idea of tasting human meat would be novel, in reality I do not think i could butcher a human carcass. Sheesh a frozen turkey can be a bit much. Maybe hacking off a roast...especially if the dogs were hungry...but gutting and butchering...ugh.

Perhaps one just has to take baby steps. Rump roast at first, then work up.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Meat is meat, once you remove the human features it should be no different than butchering a pig. If you were hungry enough I have total faith that you could cut yourself off a piece of your dead companion.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
What some of you seem to be forgetting is that homo sapiens are the most disgusting creatures on the planet. We are unclean in almost every aspect. Bacteria, chemicals cocktails, etc. It would be like eating a pig in the old days, but worse. (Y'know, several religions made eating pork taboo because it was so hard to clean a couple centuries ago.)
Also, cannibalism has its own inherent downfalls besides the uncleanliness aspect.
When a cow eats another cow it can develop Mad Cow Disease. When a human eats another human, the person can develop Kuru or Laughing Sickness...which is fatal in 100% of cases and is not pleasant at all. Not only is that a danger, but you can get varicose veins and other physiological defects such as neurological disorders.
Do not eat people. Period. I, personally, would rather starve to death than die from a horrible disease. Besides, unless the situation was extremely dire, there are all sorts of things in nature you can subsist on that most people don't know about. Also, you don't need near as much food to survive as you think.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Torsten if you went back one page you would see that it was mentioned.

Just found this article on parasites. Maybe the survival kits should include some tubes of Panacur. I found it interesting that the article implies the parasites are “an unintended form of racism”, sheesh I did not realize worms could be racist.

I guess the lesson here is cook the meat really well and be sure to remove the intestines without rupturing them.

in.reuters.com...

They include ascariasis, the most common human worm infection. It is caused by a parasitic worm that lives in the intestine, and infected just under 4 million people in 1974 according to the last survey, in the South and Appalachia.

Toxocariasis, a roundworm parasite transmitted in dog droppings, infected up 2.8 million poor black children living in inner cities, the South and Appalachia, Hotez said. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates these roundworms, which can cause intestinal illness and blindness, infect up to 14 percent of the U.S. population.

Strongyloidiasis is caused by a threadworm that lives throughout the body and infects 68,000 to 100,000 people. It may cause a hyper-immune reaction in some people.

Cysticercosis caused by the pork tapeworm and giardiasis, a diarrheal illness caused by a one-celled parasite, are also common, Hotez said.

One threat to babies is cytomegalovirus, which infects 27,002 newborn annually, causing deafness and mental retardation.

"It's amazing what we tolerate," Hotez said. He noted the United States spends $1 billion a year preparing for outbreaks of diseases that have not occurred, including smallpox, anthrax and avian influenza.

"But these (other) diseases are occurring among voiceless people," he said. "It's an unintended form of racism in a sense. We need to make these disease household words."

Chagas disease, caused by the parasite Trypanosoma cruzi, infects as many as 8 to 11 million people in Latin America and may become a U.S. threat, Hotez said. "In Louisiana, almost 30 percent of the armadillos and 38 percent of the opossums are infected with T. cruzi, and a case of Chagas disease was recently reported in post-Katrina New Orleans," he wrote.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join