It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italy to Mass Fingerprint All Roma Gipsy Children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Italy to Mass Fingerprint All Roma Gipsy Children

www.telegraph.co.uk

Around 80,000 gipsy children are to be fingerprinted by the Italian authorities under a new scheme that has drawn comparisons to the policies of Benito Mussolini.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

The Italian government has blamed immigrants, and particularly Roma gipsies, for the country's crime problems.

Since Silvio Berlusconi became prime minister in April, gypsy camps in the south and north of the country have been burned by vigilante mobs.

The home minister, Roberto Maroni, has now announced that all the Roma will be fingerprinted, including children. "This is not ethnic cataloguing, this is the ultimate safeguard of their rights," he said.

A safeguarding of their rights? Or ethnic cataloging? What do you think?

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
leave the poor romani alone, sure many are con men and grifters but so what so are many citazens of italy, and the same holds true of any group of people. gaje allways like to pick on the romani. but thats ok doing so may end up with many people recieveing amria (curse or violent oaths).

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I wonder how this would go over in the US if there were a mass fingerprinting of Latinos?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
well hopefully they will then fingerprint all males in italy as the chances of one of them being a mafia member (and therefore committing far more serious crimes and bigger) cannot be ignored. after all, what's a reason for one group should be the same for another.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Police state, ethnic targeting, military in the streets, biometric control... what next? Berlusconi is one hell of a NWO guy.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

Exactly. Making a show of cracking down on the marginal delinquencies of gypsies, while the Calabrian mafia alone controls 3% of Italy's GDP (that's more than the annual budget of Latvia or Estonia, both EU members) is pure political grandstanding and rank hypocrisy.

Il Duce-worthy puffery, indeed.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Two Roma girls drowned in Italy. Their bodies were lying on the beach for hours, while people continued to sunbathe and picnic around them. There's a picture in the article.

The picture that shames Italy

22 July 2008

It is an image that has crystallised the mounting disquiet in the country over the treatment of Roma, coming after camps have been burnt and the government has embarked on a bid to fingerprint every member of the minority. Two young Roma sisters had drowned at Torregaveta beach after taking a dip in treacherous waters. Their corpses were recovered from the sea – then left on the beach for hours while holidaymakers continued to sunbathe and picnic around them.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Here's another article with more pictures.

Pictured: Chilling indifference of Italians sunbathing just yards from the covered bodies of two drowned Roma children

20th July 2008

'There bodies were left on the beach for an hour before being collected, just covered by a beach towel while people just got back to sunbathing and playing football.

'It was very surreal there was this picture of a typical Italian beach with families enjoying the sun and then just metres away were the bodies of these two children. People were completely indifferent about what had happened.'

sty

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
from yesterday evening (Friday ) Italy1s government approved to declare emergency state across all the country ! I do not have the article in English , but the info was published in a newspaper called "La Repubblica"

here is the link : (sorry , italan)

emergency state Italy

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

It is an image that has crystallised the mounting disquiet in the country over the treatment of Roma, coming after camps have been burnt and the government has embarked on a bid to fingerprint every member of the minority. Two young Roma sisters had drowned at Torregaveta beach after taking a dip in treacherous waters. Their corpses were recovered from the sea – then left on the beach for hours while holidaymakers continued to sunbathe and picnic around them.

I see you didn't mention that the locals made a real effort to save them. Possibly they just don't have the same aversion to corpses we have.

The Romanian Roma kids we get in the UK are unremittingly little criminals. All well for Americans who haven't had to deal with the gangs of eight to sixteen year old pickpockets sent out by their parents to moralise. There's footage of the parents (in the UK) having a hissy fit at the kids for getting caught.

The Italians have had nice middle class suburbs turned into squatter slums, it's got so bad they've had people murdered by the gypsies.

My husband has do deal with gangs of them were he works, generally most of the ones we encounter in London are criminals.

So yes, fingerprint them, and preferably deport the lot.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sty

Here's an english link:

Italy declares state of emergency over immigration

Rome, July 26 : The Italian government announced Saturday a nationwide state of emergency in reaction to a phenomenal increase in illegal immigration to the country's south.

sty

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
o , i already posted a thread with the poor Google translation ... sorry I did not see yours on time

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
to a certain extent i agree with mathilda, the gypsies in the uk get away with murder, non payment of taxes or NHS contributions yet still use all the facilities the tax payer provides, they often destroy areas and leave them a complete mess after they leave and generally terrorise locals as they are above the law and cannot be caught, infact i doubt they ever face prosecution unless caught breaking the law red handed. I think all travellers should be fingerprinted and be forced to pay tax. Its unfair that all gypsies get tarred with the same brush but the situation has got ridiculous, if the common working homeowner is so easily traced then travellers should be too.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Hah. Eradicating crime? That's rich.

Maybe you should be more concerned about the criminals living all over Sicily and Calabria?

news.bbc.co.uk...

The report estimates the yearly earning of the Calabrian mafia or 'Ndrangheta at 44,000m euros (£35,238m).

It says that the criminal and economic reach of the group is not taken seriously by the Italian authorities.

The report shows that the Calabrian mafia is now effectively a multi-national crime corporation.

And their getting bent out of shape because of some pickpockets and kids lifting wallets?

I'd be more concerned about the Mafia's who's lifting 3% of Italy's GDP every year and stealing who the hell knows how much money...

Sigh... disproportionate responses are just so rife with hypocrisy.

Gypsy kids steal bread and wallets in the city and they want to fingerprint them all.

Sicilian Mobsters blow up judges, intimidate the police and sell drugs to kids and what do they do?
Sit back and put their feet up...

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
According the Italian news services it is the rise in street crime that's causing this. Roma kids are often sent out to beg and steal instead of going to school. There are muggings, rapes, and the Italians feel physically threatened. This event really brought it to a head.
www.timesonline.co.uk...

The locals have burned down the Gypsy slums a couple of times in desperation (they emptied them first).

BTW, people sunbathing with a corpse on the beach isn't that odd in Italy, it's nothing to do with the girls being Gypsies.
www.guardian.co.uk...
It happened before a few years ago.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Apparently this event was one of the real triggers..

This week’s assaults on Roma shanty towns by scores of youths on scooters and motorbikes wielding iron bars and throwing Molotov cocktails were sparked off by the capture of a 17-year-old Roma girl who last weekend entered a flat in Ponticelli and tried to steal a 6-year-old girl. Chased by the mother and neighbours, she had to be rescued by police from being lynched

It seems the local mafia organised the arson attacks, full item here.
www.timesonline.co.uk...
So it seems the mafia have a use after all.

I have to say as a parent of a girl that age, if a group that had a habit of stealing children appeared on my doorstep I'd be reaching for the gas can too. Their culture is inherently criminal, and they are notoriuos for stealing kids. Ben Needham, a British toddler, vanished from Greece and there's good evidence the gypsies took him.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mathilda
Their culture is inherently criminal, and they are notoriuos for stealing kids.

I guess that's just urban legend. I've been hearing since i was a kid abot how gypsies steal kids, yet i've never seen any case in the media... At least not in my country (there are many gypsies where i live).

Well, anyways, what in the world would they do with all the stolen babies? They don't seem to have any problems making their own babies!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The impression got from questioning the Roma is that they sold Ben Needham (missing kid about 15 years ago). Nice blond, blue eyed toddler, worth a mint to a baby broker. God only knows what they were going to do with that Italian girl, to old for that.

The Rom in England that have been here for centuries have all assimilated though. Other than a tendency to be chavs, they are indistinguishable. I know three socially, there's a lot of them in Kent. They don't seem to be any keener on the Eastern European Roma than we are (two are prison officers).

They settled down here in the council housing built in the fifties. A big chunk of our slang is rom in origin. The word 'chav' for starters.

Like I said, Mr Mathilda has to deal with them all the time at the museum. He's called the police a few times whenever a bunch roma kids come in, and the police always know them. It's a fair bet that any group of Roma kids in central London are there to steal. They think our legal system is hysterical, we won't really puunish the under sixteens here.

I approve of wwhat the Japanese tour parties did. They hired some muscle to lurk a few metres behind the party and wait for the kids to make a run on the tourists. Then they gave the kids a few swift kicks. The kids don't go near the Japanese tourists in the Museum anymore

top topics

join