It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Spying out of control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

You're On Candid Camera

www.newsweek.com

Harman said that she had discussed the administration's plans for expanding domestic use of picture-taking spy satellites—which are supposedly capable of taking very high-resolution photographs of buildings, vehicles and people—with Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-6-2008 by ohioriver]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Another example of a government out of control. Call every Senator ya know and screech to high heaven.

www.newsweek.com

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Just an fyi:

* Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalise it. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be moved, closed or deleted. Obviously, some editorial latitude will be allowed if the original headline is too long (gets truncated) or too obscure.

Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

But to the article:

"We have to make sure this is not a back door for spying on Americans," Harman told Newsweek.

Yea right, when do they start to care about American citizens. They will continue to do whatever they want, whenever they want.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
Just an fyi:

* Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalise it. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be moved, closed or deleted. Obviously, some editorial latitude will be allowed if the original headline is too long (gets truncated) or too obscure.

Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

But to the article:

"We have to make sure this is not a back door for spying on Americans," Harman told Newsweek.

Yea right, when do they start to care about American citizens. They will continue to do whatever they want, whenever they want.

Sorry. I am new to this. It won't happen again.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

No worries, it happened to me in the beginning a lot. Just wanted to pass on what I learned from this...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Is the post OK now?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Is the post OK now?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Your advice is appreciated and not unwanted.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

The correct title you could use would be:

Bush Plans to Expand Spy Satellite Use

To Change your title you would go to edit and at the top where it says NSA spying out of control, you could change it that way.

But, don't worry about it, I was just pointing it out for future threads. You are fine though...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver

You're On Candid Camera

www.newsweek.com

Harman said that she had discussed the administration's plans for expanding domestic use of picture-taking spy satellites—which are supposedly capable of taking very high-resolution photographs of buildings, vehicles and people—with Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff

[edit on 26-6-2008 by ohioriver]

Awesome---

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
In a society where I am already photographed at almost every single place I shop, bank, or do personal business - as well as a vast number of traffic intersections that I pass through, the idea of having my picture taken from space seems very non-threatening and redundant. If any of the "three letter" organizations want my mug shot they have but to ask the local gas station to provide it. Or, easier still, simply access the DMV data base.

But if Big Brother wants to allocate the outrageous funds that it would require to mug shot me from orbit, then fine. I just ask that he send me a copy because a space picture would really make my MySpace profile stand out.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Based on this revelation:

Photographer Documents Secret Satellites — All 189 of Them

www.wired.com...

I think it's safe to surmise that a lot of entities have the capability to capture imaging data without permission or fear of prosecution.

It could certainly enhance much more than your personal web space.

new topics

top topics

join