It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

google sky anomaly,,,curious object near NCG 5249.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
can any one tell me what the strange green line is on google sky slightly northwest of the star NGC 5249 im not saying that it is anything just wondering what the heck it could be.

it is unnoticable when in regular view unless you zoom in on it and it goes between to red stars. i thought it was a map glitch but when viewed it is as fuzzy as the surrounding stars in the photograph and varies in thickness.

again just to be clear,, im simply asking what it could be not proposing alien plasma beams or anything nutzoid like that...though to be honest i think that would be cool.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
im simply curious about how they past the imagry together for google sky and wondering if those are the crop marks or whatever.

its not the only line there is, thats why im asking what they could be as for as imagery is concerned, not astrologically.
so this question is in effect asking if anyone knows the process by which they put google sky together and if in doing this they ever leave any information out.
i know in google earth there are many oddities to be found and i think google sky is put together with even less patience.

i read on a web site last year that before google images can be placed in public view they have to be scrutinized and possibly photoshop manipulated. this was not a conspiracy website but rather a website that had somthing to do with cold war topics. honestly i dont remember the website though as this was at the beginning of 2007.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
im simply curious about how they past the imagry together for google sky and wondering if those are the crop marks or whatever.

its not the only line there is, thats why im asking what they could be as for as imagery is concerned, not astrologically.
so this question is in effect asking if anyone knows the process by which they put google sky together and if in doing this they ever leave any information out.
i know in google earth there are many oddities to be found and i think google sky is put together with even less patience.

i read on a web site last year that before google images can be placed in public view they have to be scrutinized and possibly photoshop manipulated. this was not a conspiracy website but rather a website that had somthing to do with cold war topics. honestly i dont remember the website though as this was at the beginning of 2007.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

To me, it looks like a "scratch" or something superimposed on the image itself: i.e. an outside defect. More likely, it is a "crop line", like you mentioned.

P.S. I can easily imagine that it is closely scrutinised.
That's why I prefer Stellarium myself. It's not "live" imagery, but it's equally accurate - and beautiful.

EDIT: It has definitely something to do with cropping, I think: if you look at nearby areas, the angles of the crop lines are clearly visible.

Sloppy work, if that's what it is...

[edit on 21-6-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Verry unusual, theres also another unusual thing near IC 6368, its a red ber of some sort, beutiful in color but unknow, iv found some thin lazer like beams aswell which i am yet to post about.

top topics

join