It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buddhist Conspiracy For World Perversion

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
And i also think you need to get to know Jewish people.

You have a seriously unhealthy, and paranoid understanding of Judaism that is just simply bizarre. and i dont blame you. There are liars out there who proliferate these theories online and in books. Like Texe Marrs, David Icke, Sherry Shriner etc

You should go and visist a orthodox Jewish community. Enter a book store or watch Jews pray from their seder, and you would realize how out of touch with reality you really are. They are GOOD people. The Talmud does not talk about human sacrifice. It doesnt talk about Sacrifice PERIOD. Why would the Torah spend so much time criticizing that belief in 'foreign gods', and their moral 'abominations'... Why would He give mankind 10 commandments - the 7th of which prohibits murder? Have you EVEN read the bible? Jews have resisted for 2000 years the culture of the west - Greece, Rome and Christondom. They have crticized the peoples they lived amongst for behaviors and practices which they considered amoral, selfish and animalistic. Do you get that? The PAGAN communities worshipped dionysus/bacchus. In Rome as Liber. In Asia minor as Sabazios, Egypt as Osiris, Adonis, etc etc. The Pagan nations... and the Buddhism youre praising for its kindness and humility, is knee deep in these sorts of practices. The Talmud, and Judaism, strictly prohibits Sexual magick. It condemns any sort of sexual relationship outside of marriage and outside the context of real love between a man and his wife. . The Tractate Pirkei Avot, is FULL of incredible and beautiful ethical principles. Look: Pirkei Avot . Why dont you care about this Talmudic Tractate? it doesnt fit your theory of Jews secretly being devil worshippers?

* "Love work, and despise official positions, and do not become too acquainted with the governing power." (1:10)
* "One who makes a name great, destroys it" (1:13)
* "Anyone who works for the community, let your work with them be for the sake of Heaven... And as for you all, I will make your reward great as though you had accomplished all the work." (2:2)
* "Be cautious regarding the ruling power. Because they only befriend a person when it serves themselves. They appear as friends when it suits them, but they do not stand by a man in his time of need." (2:3)
* "Do not separate yourself from the community, and do not be sure of yourself until your day of death." (2:5)
* "The more flesh, the more worms. The more possessions, the more worry. The more wives, the more witchcraft. The more maidservants, the more uncouthness. The more servants, the more theft." (2:8)
* "If you have learned much Torah, do not flatter yourself about it, because it was for this purpose you were created." (2:9)
* "Let all your deeds be for the sake of Heaven." (2:17)

Seek peace

* "Be amongst the students of Aaron: Love peace and pursue peace. Love people and bring them close to Torah." (1:12)
* "The more charity the more peace" (2:8)

Show kindness to others

* "The world stands on three things: On Torah, on prayer ("avoda"; can also mean sacrificial offerings), and on kindness to others" (1:2)
* "Your house should be open wide, and you should make the poor members of your household." (1:5)
* "Meet every person with graciousness." (1:15)
* "He [Yohanan ben Zakkai] said: 'Go and see what is the right way that a man should seek for himself.' Rabbi Eliezer said 'A good eye'. Rabbi Yehoshua said 'A good friend'. Rabbi Yose said 'A good neighbor'. Rabbi Shimon said 'One who sees consequences.' Rabbi Elazar said 'A good heart'. He [Yohanan] said to them, 'I prefer the words of Rabbi Elazar ben Arach to yours, because his words include yours as well.'" (2:13)

Respect the other person

* "What is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow" (Shab. 31a)
* "What is the right path a man should choose? Whatever is honorable to himself, and honorable in the eyes of others." (2:1)
* "Let your friend's honor be more dear to you than your own." (2:15)
* "The evil eye, the evil inclination, and hatred of men, drive a person out of the world." (2:16)
* "Let your friend's money be more dear to you than our own." (2:17)

Respect yourself

* "If I am not for myself, who will be for me?" (1:14)
* "What is the right path a man should choose? Whatever is honorable to himself, and honorable in the eyes of others." (2:1)
* "In a place where there are no worthy men, strive to be worthy." (2:6)
* "He who acquires a good name, has acquired himself something indeed." (2:8)
* "Do not regard yourself as an evil person." (2:18)

edit on 7-12-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
ok whatever you say billfromcovina...

Im a non Jew. If you want the precise term for what i am = Bnei Noach

I am a non Jew, who studied various religons, Judaism impressed me, for its morality, simplicity as well as depth, so ive decided to accept upon myself the "yoke" of Torah. The talmud explains the role of the non Jew - myself, and it is essentially the 10 commandments more or less squeezed into 7 commandments, which parallel the 7 colors of the rainbow. The Covenentant G-d made with Noach was a 'rainbow'. This is what it entailed. There were terms to the actual covenenant, other than a rainbow. This is a case of 'as above so below' idea. Every 'thing' has a spiritual, conceptual parallel in the 'heavens' or, the psyche.

You can go on believing what you do.

Can i ask you where you have read all these things?

What sites, books? Is this something you picked up from Texe Marrs?

Again you have avoided the subject. I referenced the Babylonian Talmud and an English translation accepted by Jewish scholars. I also referenced the Old Testament with the various books. Those were the sources. I asked you for another accepted translation. You failed to post one. Instead you want to talk about Texe Marrs and rainbows. You want me to post a site so you can attack the site instead of the subject. We are talking about human sacrifice. Maybe you missed this topic in your various studies.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

The Tractate Pirkei Avot, is FULL of incredible and beautiful ethical principles. Look: Pirkei Avot . Why dont you care about this Talmudic Tractate? it doesnt fit your theory of Jews secretly being devil worshippers?

Again you are being deceptive. This wikipedia reference states that in this version there is little or no Halacha. This means that it is not discussion of the law. My reference to the Babylonian Talmud is Halacha. The Babylonian Talmud does deal with sacrifice including human and animal. Are you now trying to state that the Jews did not have laws dealing with animal sacrifice. Your reference is selected moral principles taken out of context that some Jewish Scholars decided to talk about. Your reference is not inclusive and not law.
edit on 7-12-2010 by BillfromCovina because: added sentence

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillfromCovina

The Tractate Pirkei Avot, is FULL of incredible and beautiful ethical principles. Look: Pirkei Avot . Why dont you care about this Talmudic Tractate? it doesnt fit your theory of Jews secretly being devil worshippers?

Again you are being deceptive. This wikipedia reference states that in this version there is little or no Halacha. This means that it is not discussion of the law. My reference to the Babylonian Talmud is Halacha. The Babylonian Talmud does deal with sacrifice including human and animal. Are you now trying to state that the Jews did not have laws dealing with animal sacrifice. Your reference is selected moral principles taken out of context that some Jewish Scholars decided to talk about. Your reference is not inclusive and not law.
edit on 7-12-2010 by BillfromCovina because: added sentence

Halacha is RABBINIC Law. As in, the law is being continuously created, and devised in each generation.

The 10 commandments arent called Halakah either. Nor are the 613 laws of Torah. Halakah, is an ADDITION to the laws. They are a 'fence around torah'. Torah being EXPLICIT laws, while halacha being comples deductions frm Torah, or Talmud.

The pirkei Avot is binding on all Jews. Read Shuclan Aruch, mr. i know everything about judaism. Im 25, been studying Judaism for 5 years. I read 4-5 hours worth of torah a day, and still, i have only got through Rashi, Ramban, and some other rabbinic commentators. Stop pretending like you know what your talking about.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Halacha is RABBINIC Law. As in, the law is being continuously created, and devised in each generation.

The 10 commandments arent called Halakah either. Nor are the 613 laws of Torah. Halakah, is an ADDITION to the laws. They are a 'fence around torah'. Torah being EXPLICIT laws, while halacha being comples deductions frm Torah, or Talmud.

The pirkei Avot is binding on all Jews. Read Shuclan Aruch, mr. i know everything about judaism. Im 25, been studying Judaism for 5 years. I read 4-5 hours worth of torah a day, and still, i have only got through Rashi, Ramban, and some other rabbinic commentators. Stop pretending like you know what your talking about.

I see you have stopped using references and are still avoiding the subject of human sacrifice. Why did you not reference Wikipedia in your reference to Halacha, since it was acceptable in your other reference?
en.wikipedia.org...
Instead you want to give us your own interpretation from admittedly incomplete studies. I referenced the Talmud and human sacrifice and you will not talk about it. Why would I waste a life studying something that is obviously wrong and insanity? You can study something that is wrong your whole life, but it will still not make it right. I have studied the Bible my whole life. I read the whole thing 3 times before I was 10. I have not been studying for only 5 years.

We are discussing human sacrifice. I gave you references in the Old testament and the Talmud. Why are you avoiding discussing my references or the subject? Show me how I am wrong. Show me in Buddhist scriptures where it allows for human sacrifice or even animal sacrifice. I did show you in Judaism how it allows for this. Please stick to the discussion. If you believe that the Babylonian Talmud is not acceptable please reference Jewish scholars or authorities who agree with you.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

And i also think you need to get to know Jewish people.

I could tell you about the various Jewish people I've met.
However that would not support your contention about the Jewish faith.

Most memorable were:
- a friends parents-in-law who told her boyfriend he could (censored) all the dirty shiksas he wanted, but he was not to marry one of those animals. (My friend, who had been in the next room, was a sweet, quiet Catholic virgin with a university degree, but she was still a "dirty shiksa" to them.) When they married anyway, her inlaws would not have anything to do with the children.

- a Jewish landlord of a block of apartments who offered each $1.00 pw off their rent in return for giving him constant right of access - to their bodies.

- shopkeepers in 3 predominantly Jewish areas on Melbourne who treated any non-Jew with utter hatred.
When I got some to talk, they explained Jewish customers favoured the shops which did not serve goyem.

- Jews in Caulfield, Victoria, who would take over a huge park every Saturday, and tried to frighten myself and my little children away because having a non-Jew there would contaminate the park. I promised them not to crap on the barbecues until after they left.
Eventually, btw, I made a deal. I'd light the barbecues for them and they got used to us being at the far end of the park. Their rabbis had declared that cooking on an outdoor barbecue was not work if they put the meat on the barbecue before it was turned on. That way they were not cooking food, they were just spreading it out. The fact that the barbecue then cooked the meat was incidental.

That's just few. I've known a lot of Jewish women who, on a one to one basis, are just nice, normal people. Women really tend to be the same the world over in the ways that matter.

All in all, out of the many followers of Judaism I've met, I've known a few "righteous Jews".
But, funnily enough, they don't find it a complement to be called that. Instead, they want to know what I think the rest of the Jews are.
However non-Jews are supposed to be delighted that a few of them get to be called "righteous".

The one reason for this righteous gentile crap is to convince other Jews that the "good" gentile is the exception.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

dontreally, I enjoyed reading your post and have gained a greater understand of Judaism from them,

Having studied many religions and spiritual paths myself, it is odd how much of my research has lead me to some of the same conclusion about God that your posts have pointed out,

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Modern Buddhism has been called sick and materialistic for denying the Atman of the Upanishads but Original Buddhism is about purity, the only way it could be perversion is if perfection of mind was impossible to achieve or in some way imperfect. Arguments welcomed.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

I meant religious, observant Jews.

Nice to know you have such positive information to relate about Jews.

Jews have terms for gentiles who are righteous, because unfortunately, there are many things in western culture that promootes egotism. Judaism considers egotism, the root of all evil. It is the very thing were born with - an infant is the most egotistical 'me me me' when its born. The Job of life is to grow beyond that, and refine ego only to pursue a life of selflessness for g-d, and thus for all his creation.

Those in other tradition who Jews percieve to be doing this, are called righteous. The others are just gentiles, who have yet to learn how to properly live.

That is the simple explanation of what a 'righteous gentile' is. Im a gentile, and i try to live righteously, am also not offended at all by this terminology.

Maybe if you learned something about Judaism before attacking it, you would have more respect for religious Jews.

And i wont deny that there exists religious Jews who are insular, and have a fairly strange and not-so-good understanding of gentiles. Yet its not radical islam type of misunderstanding, that wants to see you dead. its more of a "i know nothing of these people" which has them treating non Jews, like aliens or something. This is a small minority, and its not indicative of most religious Jews, at all. And even despite the fact that those types of Jews exist, they still respect the righteous gentile title, and indeed, they want all peoples to turn to G-d and act in righteous ways.

A Buddhist who prefers a world of dualism, of good and evil, and both are equally fine, and pure, will conflate this ideology as being evil. Im sorry. That is simply not normal. When evil, becomes good, and those who seek to honor their creator and source, become 'self righteous hypocrites', than i think this is a very deep problem indeed.

I know enough gnostics who think this way. And its seem lifeisenergy has this attitude.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Hi, thanks for boxing me into your perception of me, again. Like I said before I am done arguing (debating) with you because it is obvious to me you have an agenda of propagating Judaism, no matter the subject matter. It is also obvious you are unwilling to listen or contemplate on what is being said, and never address the topic at hand, so again, I am done arguing with you. If you want to justify the murderous and chaos riddled mentality of a war baring person, and not consider the great powerful truth of wisdom, compassion and understanding, be my guest. Please leave my name out of your antagonistic judgments, thanks!

PS. Maybe this video will help you understand my position better. Maybe not.

edit on 8-12-2010 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy

Hi, thanks for boxing me into your perception of me, again. Like I said before I am done arguing (debating) with you because it is obvious to me you have an agenda of propagating Judaism, no matter the subject matter. It is also obvious you are unwilling to listen or contemplate on what is being said, and never address the topic at hand, so again, I am done arguing with you. If you want to justify the murderous and chaos riddled mentality of a war baring person, be my guest. Please leave my name out of your judgments, thanks!

PS. Maybe this video will help you understand my position better. Maybe not.

I can mention you if i want. We live in a free country. And i said "seem". I used ambivalent language, because to me it seems you believe that. Never said you did.

and amazing you complain about me casting you as something, when i had the caution to use ambivalent language, whereas you present me as "justifying the murderous and chaos riddled mentality of a war baring person"

Ya. no hypcoricy there.

I dont really care if you dont want to talk to me. Frankly, i think youre an incredibly immature person. guess your buddhism hasnt taught you to control yourself.

And as for that Jew... Theyre a small minority. The greatest rabbinic figures today, live in Israel, and support the right of Israel to exist. All of them reject the principles of the reigning government, and all of them are very wary of political and secular zionism, but, Judaism is Zionism. Judaism is a land centered religion.
edit on 8-12-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
And as for the point of this thread.

Heres a question.

Whats your opinion of Alice Bailey and her Tibetan guide Djwal Khul?

How do you explain these deep spiritual connection between the United Nations, Theosophy, and Buddhism? and its desire to propagate these beliefs in the Western world?

Robert Muller, former undersecretary general for 45 years, based his theology on baileys 25 esoteric writings....

So.. i guess the premise of this thread has some truth to it. The elite are trying to force upon us a eastern philosophy. Robert Muller himself was dubbed 'The UN philosopher"....

Are we to believe Bailey, and Lucis Trust (the organization with connections to the UN)? Is this not enough of a proof that Buddhism, through theosophy is trying to "pervert" the Hebraic roots of western spirituality? and that UN, which promotes these views, has an agenda to create a one world religion, based on buddhist and Hindu spiritual beliefs?..

Please address each question in the order that i asked it.

Thankyou.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I meant religious, observant Jews.

The ones meeting at Caulfield park had been to the synagogue first, and they had rabbis amongst them.
They sounded pretty observant to me.
My friend's inlaws were observant, they even kept two kitchens.
As for the other ones, you don't know they were not observant.

Nice to know you have such positive information to relate about Jews.

You didn't appreciate the information?
I only offered it because you asked. The polite response would be to say thank you.

Jews have terms for gentiles who are righteous, because unfortunately, there are many things in western culture that promootes egotism. Judaism considers egotism, the root of all evil. It is the very thing were born with - an infant is the most egotistical 'me me me' when its born. The Job of life is to grow beyond that, and refine ego only to pursue a life of selflessness for g-d, and thus for all his creation.

Then Judaism doesn't work, because jews are as egotistic as anyone else.

Those in other tradition who Jews percieve to be doing this, are called righteous. The others are just gentiles, who have yet to learn how to properly live.
That is the simple explanation of what a 'righteous gentile' is. Im a gentile, and i try to live righteously, am also not offended at all by this terminology.

You're welcome to eat the crumbs dropped from the tables of those who, despite finding you useful, will always despise you.

Maybe if you learned something about Judaism before attacking it, you would have more respect for religious Jews.

You're making silly assumptions about my level of knowledge.

And i wont deny that there exists religious Jews who are insular, and have a fairly strange and not-so-good understanding of gentiles. Yet its not radical islam type of misunderstanding, that wants to see you dead. its more of a "i know nothing of these people" which has them treating non Jews, like aliens or something. This is a small minority, and its not indicative of most religious Jews, at all. And even despite the fact that those types of Jews exist, they still respect the righteous gentile title, and indeed, they want all peoples to turn to G-d and act in righteous ways.

Now isn't that typical of online Jews and their brown-nosers.
- You can't help but include some "Hate the Muslims" stuff.

Jesus had some words to say about the "at least I'm better than him" argument:
Luke 18: 11-14 (New American Standard Bible)

“The Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself: ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. ‘I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.’ “But the tax collector, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, the sinner!’ “I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

A Buddhist who prefers a world of dualism, of good and evil, and both are equally fine, and pure, will conflate this ideology as being evil. Im sorry. That is simply not normal. When evil, becomes good, and those who seek to honor their creator and source, become 'self righteous hypocrites', than i think this is a very deep problem indeed.

Now you are just being too funny.
You say people should learn more about Judaism, and then invent a straw man with which to criticise Buddhism.
Are you not even familiar with the eightfold path?
If you do not work at following the eightfold path you are not a Buddhist. It's as simple as that.

The Noble Eightfold Path:
1. Right View
2. Right Intention
3. Right Speech
4. Right Action
5. Right Livelihood
6. Right Effort
7. Right Mindfulness
8. Right Concentration

Buddhism, above all else, is ethics. Even one's thoughts are to be ethical.

I know enough gnostics who think this way. And its seem lifeisenergy has this attitude.

Ah yes, now knock yet another group which is irrelevant to the thread.
It's called deflection.

edit on 8/12/10 by Kailassa because: formatting

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Ok Kalaisa...

I made a statement, above your post about buddhism. Your welcome to give me your views on it.

Then Judaism doesn't work, because jews are as egotistic as anyone else.

Are there some egotistical Jews? yes, unfortunately there are. But the majority of the Jews i am close with, are good, G-d fearing people.

Maybe you should read over your own post and "listen" to the tone youre speaking with. Sounds pretty egotistical to me.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Dontreally, I see you have avoided my post and decided to change the subject. That is obvious to everyone. I could continue to tear down Judaism but I am going to stop. I came to this thread to defend Buddhism and not attack another religion. The more I understand about Buddhism and myself, the more I realize why this is wrong. Even though what I post is the truth, it could instantly turn someone off. This would make it bad speech for me. You came to attack Buddhism and promote Judaism.

In order to find out the truth, you have to start by being objective and willing to ask questions. You are not. You are starting from the point of view that the Bible or Torah are the only truth. You study only material to support that point of view. Your brainwashing and fear keep you from asking questions. I am not trying to convert you. I have empathy and compassion for you because I know the mindset. I was there for many years, and many more years in a back and forth pattern. I am twenty years older than you and it took me a long time to undo it. When you lose your fear you can start asking real questions about the Bible, Torah, and Judaism. You need to be willing to look at all sides and history.

It is only within the last year that I realized my basic beliefs are Buddhist when I started reading about Buddhism. I never was willing to look at it objectively before. What do I believe? My God is everything and everything is connected to make one. Hinduism may call this Brahman. Taoism might call this the Tao. A view of my separation or a self is only an illusion and not the truth. In truth, I am made of a huge amount of smaller matter and energy that is interconnected and changing. This matter and energy is also interconnected and interacting with everything I might perceive outside myself. The belief in a self causes all my suffering. It causes me to want, crave, and need. The self or I can never be satisfied. This would be true for all beings even a god or a demon. And yes, I even would love and have compassion for a demon. The most vile and evil being you can think of, I would try to love, have compassion for, and show mercy to. Why? To hurt a part hurts the whole and myself, since it is all connected.

My spiritual practices are a combination from different sects. I do a standing Taoist meditation in the morning, sitting meditation at sunset, and dream meditation in the evening. I also try to incorporate a little yoga. My acceptance and practice of Buddhism is very simple and closer to Theravada. I accept the 4 Noble Truths and try to follow the Eight-fold Path. I don’t worship any gods or fear any demons. I have no fear of any hell, nor do I wish any evil or harm to anyone. No Savior can save me and no one died for my sins. There is nothing to be saved from. There is a cure for my disease and that is nirvana. I am only on that path. I wish you the best of luck on yours.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillfromCovina
I don’t worship any gods or fear any demons. I have no fear of any hell, nor do I wish any evil or harm to anyone. No Savior can save me and no one died for my sins. There is nothing to be saved from. There is a cure for my disease and that is nirvana. I am only on that path. I wish you the best of luck on yours.

Well I am not a buddhist but I certainly liked the above. That was well put and I can certainly respect your outlook which I consider to be better than the Abrahmic religous view that is responsible for so much suffering. You may not realise it but there is a war that is being wage between the esoteric part of established religions and the exoteric side. Hence you may find a lot of similarity between the esotric moslem or Xtian. Anyway you continue your good work as it shows to me!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
That is what i thought.

The instant theosophy, lucis Trust, Djwal khul, and the vast following amongst elites of these philosophies becomes mentioned, it becomes very difficult to defend buddhism.

Cause the fact is, theosophy bases itself primarely on buddhism. Alice Baileys "guide" was a tibetan master. Whatever she wrote, was purpotedly channeled from him. So, therefore, Theosophy, and the UN would indeed have some agenda which is interested in ploriferating a buddhist/hindu philosophy here in the predominantly christian west.

Djhal Khul was also a massive antisemite, once saying (of course through his "channeler" Alice Bailey) in Baileys book ""Plan for the New World Order," in the section on the "reorganization of world religions," that Goal No. 2 calls for:

The gradual dissolution - again if in any way possible - of the Orthodox Jewish faith, with its obsolete teaching, and its separative emphasis."

That sounds pretty harsh. It infact sounds like she was echoing the same sentiments that the Nazis did.

The Nazis also sent expeditions to Tibet in search of mystical wisdom.

So, It appears that there is a very deep connection between the elite and buddhism, than there could ever be shown between them and Judaism.

I await the explanations for this. And dont change the subject, Address each point as i asked it, without snarky remarks
edit on 11-12-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

It's funny you make such strict demands of others, when you yourself epically dodge questions and/or change topics constantly.

Anyways, your desire to connect something bad with Buddhism has failed again. It really shouldn't be that hard though, maybe you are trying too hard? If the ruling elites and NWO propagators truly saw interest in Buddhism as you say, I would say it is because they are interested in finding the best of the best, in every aspect of life. And being that Buddhism has spent thousands of years studying and exploring the human mind and the human experience I would say they have a great amount of very valuable knowledge and wisdom that one who seeks power might be interested in. Is that Buddhisms fault? No... Do Buddhists follow Alice Bailey's or H.P Blavatsky's teachings? No...

Your point is therefore invalid...
edit on 11-12-2010 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by harvib
There seems to be a new wave of fear being introduced into our society regarding other religions. Where is this coming from. Where did you come up with this theory OP?

Yes, that´s my thought too. Source is important, though it´s hidden often. But for example China sais, that Dalai Lama is world´s most dangerous criminal, but all people with common sense know, why China sais that, right. It´s like in Europe history, when chatolic church decided, that knight templars are dangerous to them and they should be destroyid - then there were no crime they haden´t done, they were murderers, child molesters etc.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Thats some distorted logic.

Alice Bailey maintained she was in contact with a Buddhist guide named Djwal Khul.

I can list off the elites, aristocrats, and other notables - many of whom were theosphists (which was quite popular all across europe at the the turn of the century. You can basically attribute this to the publication of a knowledge which had been kept secret for so many millenia - in secret societies, noble families.. hidden from the masses/profane etc).

Not only are the elites inspired by buddhism, but theyre also apparently directed by "spiritual entities" (which i dont believe or put much stock into anyways).

And contrary to what you think, i have no problem with buddhists. I have mentoned plenty of times earlier that a good friend of mine, a brazilian woman and practicer of Jourei, is a Buddhist. I am completely OK with it.

My problem, as i explained earlier, which you exagerrate and expand into me as rellishing in judgment and punishment, is its antinomianism. This breeds the sensualism, downright pagansim we have today.

This is why buddhsim is so popular. Is there wisdom in it? no doubt. Is it the acme of human wisdom? i would agree, it is. Does it appeal to humans, as a convenient and practical way to live life. Yes.

Is it G-ds will? No. If you knew even a modicum of Torah. Understood Hebrew, and saw how the entire Torah contains the secret of the uiniverse, you would understand that it is the complete will of G-d. It is a translation, of creation itself, into a directive to mankind in how to live. Therefore. Torah isnt based on a speculative wisdom. If it were, it would share in Aldous Huxleys general term of the 'perennial philosophy" which is the basis of all religions, except one: Judaism. Restriction, Contraction, is needed to create the world, and we being the microcosm and image of G-d, are supposed to reflect, and by doing so create and complete the very work that G-d started. Judaism is MUCH MUCH MUCH deeper Ad infinutum than Buddhism. I dont mean to be harsh, but its that impressive. This is why the kabbalah center exists; and the reason kabbalah is spoken of as a 'religion' (even though it is Judaism mystical dimension) and mocked by pop culture media. They want to push people away from that. They promote new age and eastern thought to draw people into their belief system, To build their "tower" - a mighty collective consciousness, against the creator who they have the gall to provoke, and challenge. This is why the NWO will fail, and why Judaism, and Torah will prevail, and mankind will be forced to acknowledge their faults and their arrogance towards the Jewish religion and its teachers. The prophet is right when he said

"This is what the LORD Almighty says: "In those days ten men from all languages and nations will take firm hold of one Jew by the hem of his robe and say, 'Let us go with you, because we have heard that God is with you.'" An Oracle" Zecharia 8:13

It refers specifically to the Jew, because the knowledge that has been hidden and concealed from the eyes and hearts of the christian and muslim, has been revealed to them. They will experience and understand the wisdom and wonder of torah; and Kabbalah, and so turn their hearts away, and like the prophet Joel says "to you the nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Our fathers inherited nothing but lies and falsehood, worthless idols that did them no good"

And indeed. I am a gentile, from a catholic family, and i am a living testiment to the beginnings of this prediction.

So. Ya. Theres my beliefs, undiluted for you. I have nothing wrong with other beliefs. And when i say the 'truth of Judaism" i mean the truth of the G-d of Torah, and i mean the truth and veracity of the 7 laws of Noah - which all mankind is incumbent to follow.

The way you look at this is dumb beyond comprehension. Does it mean you have to bow in fear and shame before G-d? No. You do it because you love him. You fear him because you know there is a cosnequence to negative behavior. It is simply wisdom, and the nature of life, that causes one to act, and not fear. I came into this thread somewhat agreeing with the premise of this thread; not in the terms or way he explained it, but i agreed to some extent. Because it is true.

In the late 1800s a massive statue of Buddah stood in Bohemian Grove

Ya. Explain that. It sounds like you completely agree with the elitist agenda and their plan to collapse society; and you agree with their sick, selfish obsessions.

Bohemian, btw is Hebrew. Behema, means 'animal' and it refers to non-domesticated animals. Thus explaining the behavior they engage in at the grove. and the Buddah, is a perfect symbol of this. Half gluttonous, fat man, and half in peaceful meditation.

Screw that # i say. hypocritical retarded nonsense. And when i here bafoonery like calling people like me "self righteous". OK. Fine, i am righteous. I am righteous because i recognize only one G-d. I act righteously because my source of being desires me to. I feel good doing whats right, and i feel even better defending the truth of Torah and the need for humans beings to restrict their behavior. To act "CONSCIENTIOUS. Thats what Torah and Judaism is; and that is precisely what Hitler hated about it.

“The Ten Commandments have lost their validity. Conscience is a Jewish invention, it is a blemish like circumcision.” - Rauschning, Hitler Speaks, p. 220

edit on 11-12-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join