It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV and Internet commercials are not working

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Commercials and internet advertisements are bugging the hell out of me. I had my TV access shut off for about 2 years. I got it turned back on a month ago, and MY GOD. There is maybe 1 in 50 commercials that actually interest me.

I am able to ignore the internet commercials for the most part. I DO hate having to look at all these links to contentlink from Kontera while trying to read important threads on ATS. Their presence drives me crazy. It's hard to read the threads.

Most of these advertisements do not pertain to me. It just makes me lupset that these advertisers think these attempts to flood my mind with their worthless crap will actually get me to buy this crap.

Radio is free due to all the commercials. I get upset having to pay $100/month for TV and Internet access just to have commercials thrown at me from the left and the right.

AND NONE OF THEM EXCITE ME. Am I the only one in this boat?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Yes, nearly all commercials are annoying. The best ones would last 10 seconds and simply give me verified statistics and pros and cons. That would be 10x more effective for making me get something than a play on my emotions, unless the product's intrinsic value is based in that respect.

new topics

join