It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid dream limbo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I've been an avid lucid dreamer for about 25+ years. My dreams tend to have a cinematic quality to them, and I seldom have problem with dream recall. It's only been the past 20 years or so that I realized I could exercise some control over my dreams.

I usually exercise dream control to remove myself from nightmares. For example, I'll fly away from a dangerous situation. Sometimes, I might hit replay and enjoy a pleasant scene again (Brad Pitt certainly knows how to court a lady!)

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I experienced a dream that has really confounded me. I was gliding down a hallway in my house lit by ambient daylight. I turned a non-existent corner and the hallway becomes longer, and I start gliding faster.

The walls and ceiling are neutral shades of tan and soft white. The floor is tiled and bright white, and there are small, adjoining hallways that lead to small clusters of bedrooms. As I'm making these observations, I notice that the walls are starting to appear dingy and the tiled floor is beginning to chip.

I am now moving at a break neck pace, and the hallway transitions to dirty, tiled spiral staircase. I realize I'm descending into a nightmare, and literally apply the breaks. I turn around and start crawling slowly back up the stairs.

I am focused on the details of my surroundings, especially the tiled stairs. As I make my way back, each stair becomes a little cleaner and less chipped, and the crawling becomes less streneous. Soon the stairs take on a beautiful mosiac design with a pearl sheen. I am now standing back in the hallway.

I walk a short way, and the hallway opens up into a small lobby. There is a quiet corporate feel to it. Dark, rich wood walls; an elaborately tiled mosiac floor. I notice an open office door to one side. There is an older, white man wearing a gray suit sitting behind the desk with a polite, curious smile looking at me.

I walk across the lobby into his spacious office. In addition to the desk, and built in bookshelves, there is a sitting area. Again, the place is decked out in neutral beige/tan tones. There is also an overall air of neutrality. The man gets up from behind his desks, smiles and gives a courtesy nod of acknowledgement, but doesn't say a word.

He walks over to an adjoining door, and opens it to reveal a lush green countryside with distant rolling hills. It looks almost like an old painting, with muted shades of green and blue. In the center is a large, tall bush just outside the door. The man walks outside, picks up a pair of garden shears, and starts trimming. As he walks behind the bush, he has suddenly grown taller, perhaps ten feet. He smiles at me then disappears behind the bush, and on the other side emerges a different older man dressed in peasant's garb. He too is trimming the bush.

I consider walking through the doorway, because it seems so pleasant. But I decide against it, because I'm more curious as to what is going on. I walk out of the office and back into the hallway to look for someone to answer my questions, but I'm alone and continue to walk on.

The hallway becomes more narrow and plain looking. I peek into some of the rooms lining the side, and they are plain bedrooms decorated in neutral tones. There are a couple of young children playing in one room, but they don't appear to notice me, so I walk on.

I almost feel like I'm just checking out a home up for sale. There is a feeling of detachment, as if I'm in wandering around in limbo. Then I wake up.

So there you go, guys. That is my strange, albeit boring lucid dream. I can't seem to make heads or tails of it. Any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
No idea what it means.

But did you enjoy it?

My take on Lucid Dreaming

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I guess what threw me off about this dream, was the intense level of awareness I experienced. Most lucid dreams I have, I can literally play in or kick back and enjoy like a movie. I seldom have nightmares, as I've learned little tricks to extract myself from these situations.

This was different. This was more of a lucid anti-dream, for lack of a better description. I had the distinct impression that I was behind the scenes of a movie set, as opposed to an actor playing a lead role. Everything was extremely neutral, from the atmosphere to color palette.

My dreams are vibrant, playful, adventuresome, and at times a little risque.
In short, my dreams are my personal playground, and I enjoy them immensely.

I cannot recall every having a dream like this. This dream was anti-climatic, and I felt like I was wandering about in limbo. It was almost as I had stumbled into an area I shouldn't have been, and the man in the suit was perhaps trying to lead me back to a dreamscape.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
So there you go, guys. That is my strange, albeit boring lucid dream. I can't seem to make heads or tails of it. Any thoughts?

I have encountered hypnotic scripts that have used houses, or different parts of a house environment, as a metaphor for the self.

I don't have any links and quite frankly I'll be surprised if I can find one at all...

But I would consider that a valid interpretation may be that you are reflecting on your life and how it has had it's ups and down's...the chipped stairs are a recognition of aging and the lush green countryside seems like it would be hope for the future...

That is my thought and everything else, you should be able to realte to your own experience and experience...in my opinion...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I have encountered hypnotic scripts that have used houses, or different parts of a house environment, as a metaphor for the self.

Interesting, I hadn't considered that. The inner self as a safe haven, neutral ground, and all that is shelter and comfort. It's a good metaphor!

new topics

top topics

join