It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For or Against Lobby Cellphone Conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Ok, this thread is concerning the popular "Cellphone / Popcorn" vids seen everywhere now (just youtube it).

Is this real? or is it a hoax/fake? Chime in everyone! If it's real, someone should replicate it with:

*glass table (so we can see if any other tricks are present)
*No pre microwaving of the kernals

If it's true, SCARY, if not, great hoax (even though I hate hoaxes..)!

What say ye???

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This is a funny video.

It is fake. The initial pop, pops below the location of the kernel and pops off camera where they drop popped corn as if it were what popped. Its a trick.

Pop corn also does not pop straight up as high as that very often. Watch the video again and you will see.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

Yea I agree, they probably have the kernals on some magicians string (if youve never seen it, its VERY thin string, cannot be seen from a few inches, almost transparent), then the kernal is lifted quickly, as someone off camera drops a popped kernel, then sound effects are added. Thats my take on it.

Or: Kernels are 'pre-popped' in a microwave, then set down and the cellphones are just enough vibrate the kernels to pop..

What yas think? Anyone?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Thats fake.

But cooking an egg with cell phones is real.
www.rense.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by josephine

I dunno, I think that one is fake too.

urbanlegends.about.com...

It may be whats called technophobia (from that link). Like an urban legend, but propagated thru the internet (faster now than old school word of mouth).

Only sure way is to try it ourselves :nod:

top topics

join