It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arson suspected in governor's mansion fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Arson suspected in governor's mansion fire

www.statesman.com

A raging fire that authorities say was intentionally set ripped through parts of the Texas Governor's Mansion early today, severely damaging parts of the historic building that has served as the home of the state's top official for more than a century.

No injuries were reported.

State officials said during a news conference this morning that they have launched a massive investigation to find the person responsible for setting the 1:45 a.m. fire and that a team of national experts from the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives has been dispatched to Austin to assist them.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This is odd. George Bush's boyhood home/mueseum in Midland ,Texas was also burned by an arsonist. These two events although not clearly connected are heavy handed messages.

www.statesman.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The mansion was empty due to a multi-million dollar renovation. I live in Austin and have been to many rallies near the mansion (haha). It would be difficult to get beyond the 10-foot fence, let alone start a fire, without being detected. We'll see if the surveillance footage turns up any information about the suspected arsonist.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Bangin

This stinks. Someone will become wealthy off the reconstruction project and we will be lucky if an innocent is not framed for the arson. There is no shortage of people who have been victimized or threatened by Perry's policies, but I don't think that Texans or any of Perry's other victims set fire to the mansion.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I flagged it as fire seems to be connected in someway to power. I am reminded of the fire in Cheneys Executive offices that no one seems to talk about or remember. Some one is trying to cover up history in my opinion.

top topics

join