It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's a stargate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Mods - Feel free to move this thread to a more appropriate forum if needed.

I've read a couple of threads that mention ancient societies having stargates and other 'advanced technology' and am really interested where this idea came from and the evidence that supports it.

I know that there was a movie call Stargate and subsequently at least one TV show, but what are the stargates that people mention on these forums?

Are they supposed to portals to other worlds, periods in time, dimensions or what?

Where did this idea of stargates even come from and what evidence is there of their existence?

Or is this just a bunch of BS that science-fiction dorks came up with?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
As you stated in your last line, it _is_ BS that attention seekers love to proclaim as the real deal. Even without any form of evidence. MHO

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by zephyrs
I know that there was a movie call Stargate and subsequently at least one TV show, but what are the stargates that people mention on these forums?

One? There's at least 2 series... And a cartoon.

Anyway, yes its pure fiction. "Stargates" are loosely defined as doorways leading somewhere else: people claiming that something is a stargate obviously have no bloody clue what that "somewhere" is. So of course it just have to be leading to an alien civilization via some magical super-hyper-mega-advanced technology looking remarkly similar to a slab of stone.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Theres not much,supposedly there are electro magnetic hotspots on the earth that cause stargates/wormholes to appear..I dont know about ancient technologies..probably stemmed from atlantis or something..I do know the CIA had a Stargate project,but that was for operations using your mind.
www.starstreamresearch.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Come on guys, why are we just throwing opinion around rather than giving the OP some proper info so he/she can make up his/her mind?

I suggest that you set aside several hours and work your way through all of this thread.

Stargates are Real thread

It's a very long read but it should let know about what people mean when they are talking about 'stargates' and the background to them.

Peace,

MSP

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It's a gate with stars.

I win.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Im suprised that this hasnt goten a straight answer, maybe not the best area to post in. A stargate is essentially what you see on the tv show. It is thought its like an opening to another world or dimension, or it is a worm hole that takes you to another planet. You should watch the original "Stargate" film that will give you a good insight.

new topics

top topics

join