It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Potential of Mankind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
As we know, about 80-90% of our DNA is still unknown as to its purpose, thus being labeled "junk DNA".

en.wikipedia.org...

I am also one that leans towards the idea that we only use a portion of our brain when engaging in conscious activity. If the immediate present (what our senses pick up then filter through our mind as the "present") presents us with a "picture of reality"... all that is needed at the moment for basics like survival and then for whatever activity we are engaging in...

What is mankind TRULY capable of?

We have various accounts of extraordinary folks able to engage in many, many different feats such as "superhuman strength" to lift rocks off of people trapped underneath, people that can do crazy things with their minds (Einstein, Tesla, remote viewing, mathematics, religious stuff, etc.), people that excel tremendously in their fields (Schumacher able to keep a steady heartbeat while hitting corners at high speeds), Michael Jordan (lol you know what I mean!). There are many accounts throughout history of extraordinary people doing extraordinary things.

If one, or some, of the population of mankind are able to reach enormous potential (whether it be physical, mental, spiritual, etc.), does that imply that WE are ALL capable of advances that the general public would deem extraordinary?

If our bodies can create the necessary power to lift heavy objects off of people that are trapped inside when the need is all encompassing... can this be channeled by will? So that the extraordinary becomes accessible by will (and as we elevate closer to mankind's TRUE potential?

Just a thought...

Don't forget ya'll... despite all of mankind's apparent flaws, we are far more epic than those flaws united. For some reason we choose to live by the flaws...

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
This is my first thread and I am not sure how it ended up in Skunk Works. Does anyone know how I can move it to a more pertinent section? Thank you!

[edit on 7-6-2008 by astronomine]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
You are so right what is this brilliant thread doing in Skunk Works? It should be frontlines and have people tapping into their brilliance and their full potential.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I know most fools are unaware of their abilities outside of the mundane, limited skills they need in day to day life.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
If one person can lift a heavy rock off of somebody that is trapped underneath...

what is the key factor that lets the person unleash this superhuman strength?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I don't think people realize the full potential of this thread. It asks many pertinent questions, yet people are afraid to embrace their powers.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I think it would be interesting to start an account of humans that were able to perform extraordinary feats, whether it involved physical, spiritual, or mental feats.

I wonder if there was a study done on that stuff...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I am sure there are so many accounts of people doing extraordinary things, especially in the more spiritually-attuned past. At least with the internet and readily-available people with cameras and such, we will hopefully get some thorough documentation and study into this phenomenon so that we may be able to understand if it is circumstance or something inherent in ourselves.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It's crazy how so many people respond to ridiculous threads that really stretch credibility and discussion, yet important threads like this one are virtually ignored. I do not even know how I came upon this thread if I had not looked at Astro's profile.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I once heard of a guy that was able to hold his unconcious friend and drag tread water with only one life jacket between the two for a few days until they were recovered by the Coast Guard. And in the 911 wreckage, I heard about people being able to lift massive rocks off of people trapped beneath it, even though it weighed more than the average car!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The simple fact is we have no idea just what we are capable of. 100 years ago it was believed that if cars were to go over 15 miles per hour it would tear our skin off. (or some such nonsense)

We amaze ourselves every single day with new discoveries and breakthroughs that we could not have imagined even a few years ago.

As a young man of 20 or 30 I could not have imagined the internet, now I can't imagine life without it.

What are we capable of? I am honestly starting to believe if we can imagine it, we can achieve it.

This is a very exciting time to be alive.

top topics

join