It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Born Again Christianity - a Mind Control Screen? (sometimes?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I am intrigued by the number of people who do really spooky intel/ET-related ops - and then 'become' full on (born again) christians upon their discharge from duty.

It makes me wonder if it is all some mind-control layer/cap/screen to stop any digging or accidental recall.

I know of one well known researcher/author/lecturer in the field of UFOs, conspiracies, and 'free energy' technology - who spend many early years as an US Air Force cadet. He personally related to me that he had many many missing time experiences while a cadet, along with several other, but not all, cadets.

The time frame for this was in the 1950s or 60s - and my conversations with him, lead me to believe that his brain (along with others) was used as an organic computer, for want of better terminology - and had nothing or little to do with aliens or UFOs. Certainly his conscious mind was switched 'off' for hours at a time, and all he can 'remember' is streams of seemingly unrelated numbers and digits.

Now get this - upon the big day of being discharged from the AirForce - he and a couple of his buddies (ones also with missing time) were summoned into the commander's office (I don't recall the rank) and they were asked the following question:

"What do you cadets want to do with your lives?"

Now this person told me that every fibre of his being knew that he wanted to become an airforce pilot - that is what he had dreamed of all his life etc - but what came out of his mouth, and simultaneously out of the mouths of the others standing at attention in the commander's office was:
"Sir, to serve the Lord Jesus Christ, Sir"

He then told me that all three of them looked at each other in amazement, as that is NOT what they had in their (conscious) mind to say.

Apparently the commander was most satisfied, and they all went on their merry way.

Given the number of hard-core intel types who 'convert' to born-again levels of christianity - you HAVE to wonder if there is something else at play.

peace

Duncan

PS: Please, any christians reading this - I am not intending to goad or insult. I am just most curious about the phenomena.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Wow, how very strangle. But how is the government supposed to pull this off? It seems it’s only a matter of time until America becomes un-Christianized anyway … more and more people a waking up from the delusion that is religion.

What this looks like, is a test conducted by the government to brainwash everyone into Christianity and tests begin with soldiers until slowly they move up to subliminal messages and before you know it we’re all loving Jesus bloomen Christ

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Hmmm, I was under the impression that more and more Americans were turning ONTO christianity than away from it.

Maybe my assumption is wrong - I dunno - but it seems that way here in Australia, and also in Europe.

Duncan

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
off-topic-post self-deleted.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
It's not impossible.

I am suspicious of the word, " to serve our Lord Jesus Christ", the precept is to serve Our Lord God, and to follow Jesus whom He has sent. If the followers of Jesus will truly follow his true teachings, that is;

" Love the Lord Your God, with all your heart, with all your mind and with all your soul, and love your neighbor as you love yourself." Then they will have the promise of Eternal Life.

Never in all of God's Scriptures was it said that there were other Gods aside from God, the Lord and God of our forefather Abraham.

If there's really something like this happening as far back as 1950's, people who are involved in mind-control or something similar should beware. Seek refuge in God and pray for His protection from the rejected one.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
There's a problem with that list there Sky - i think i could probably find examples similar to those you've mentioned in people who have nothing to do with christianity, with respect to the ones specifically religious.

I don't think it was originally done on purpose, perhaps it was just a few paranoid intelligence guys looking for a way out of the force without having to worry about whether or not people will be checking up on them.

However, it is true that certain people in this life are capable of manipulating others in a fashion of which is almost imperceptable - and the realisation of this has often lead me to question a certain casualty in people's actions.

Naturally, when a group of these people get together, it begins to spread.

One thing is bugging me though, and it's the possibility we've overlooked the fact that these people are often simply too couped up, and have had very little spiritual experience - and as such act spiritually immature.

What you could say is that they're just using spirituality with which to come down on others, so that they can fool themselves into a false sense of security.

Anyway, as for the mind-control the OP is talking about, i think it's possible.

It's remarkably simple to control how people react to a certain situation - far less complex than overriding everything the person knows in order to get him to exhibit extra-ordinary behaviour.

I wonder if there is anyone in history who mentioned the possibility of a single moment changing a person's life...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
There's a problem with that list there Sky - i think i could probably find examples similar to those you've mentioned in people who have nothing to do with christianity, with respect to the ones specifically religious.

Classical cult behaviour is found not only in the born-again scene. Thats right. I must say though (having studied cults for a long, long time) that this specific breed of xians (not all of them!) is spooky and the impression (after research) is of some outside agent having tampered with their brains.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
That could be true of any new schism in religion.

What worries me greatly is modern day society's apparent inability to document these social phenomena in a field of academic research so we can use what we know to our advantage.

I see very little of this.

And ultimately, i think this might be what is putting the brakes on social evolution.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Ummm, rather than discuss why and about why people become stuck in one belief system or another, can we stick to my original thread post concept?

I don't want to discount what you are saying, but maybe it is worth another thread of its own.

peace

Duncan

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
More to the point of the OP:

As a child me and my parents would visit an uncle of mine who worked for the military. We always wondered about him because he would spend some time abroad (with the military) and then return in a state that he called

"Im fired up again!"

What he meant by being "fired up" was that he had "found jesus again".

He would then spend months at a time at home and slowly loose his interest in going to church and take on what he called "humanistic attitudes" again.

But we knew and joked about it: He´ll be "fired up" again when he returned from one of his trips.

This is a very vague recollection from childhood memory and unfortunately the only specific OP-related addition I have.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Much better, thanks Skyfloating!

I know of about 6 such cases where there was little or no evidence of fervent christianity, and upon discharge from the services, they were full on!

I have the following observations:

1) All the cases I know of are USA military, not UK, not Aussie etc
2) These are separate cases from those who leave the forces, special ops etc - with heavy consciences regarding things they have done in the name of 'the ends justify the means'. In these cases, religion is often turned to for some form of comfort or support - and it is not just western religions which are turned to in these cases.
3) All the case I know of include 'missing time' experiences, while 'serving'.

Duncan

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by nexusmagazine

You'll have to excuse me - if i get a sniff of a positive implication i'll be at it like a bloodhound.

In this case, the implication is that i can spread awareness of the fact that there is a very plausible reason for why society seems to be going downhill.

Specifically, why it could be our fault as the public.

But you're right, i shouldn't be turning the thread into something it isn't, and for that i apologise, even if it was subconcious on my part.

I was merely attempting to highlight how christianity isn't the only hunting ground which is available to them.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Maybe I'm preaching to the choir here (no pun intended) but this is true on a base level. We are all programmed to believe Jesus saves. Let me share with you guys something strange. When I was in my twenties I had nice quiet day at home on acid. A normal amount, normal strength. It was daytime. I went to the bathroom and left the door cracked just a bit, so just enough light came in for me to just make myself out in the bathroom sink mirror. Now, i was there, but a very subtle, dark layer/image of a christ figure was on my face. More as if I had a beard and crown of thorns, bleeding. It wasn't vague. It was detailed with a beard and crown of thorns. Of course, I'm thinking WTF. I turn on the light, its gone. Just MY face and of course, its trippy because I'm tripping. Turn off the light and there is Jesus over my face again. There was nothing religous going on at that moment, no TV, thoughts etc. I stepped outside for about 10 minutes and went back into the see again. Jesus. Now, of course I was hallucinating on acid. Thats not the argument. But of all the things to "see" repeatedly, and in the same detail each time the light went out. hmmm.

I've been a professional artist since birth, so perhaps being a very visual person has something to do with it. It was incredibly detailed, and the same detail each time. Still, to this day don't know what to make of it.

I'm absolutely not a religous person, in fact I've been quite a Zeitgeist mindframe for most of my life. Something is really burned into our brains deep down inside, and I share this experience to explain how strong it is.

I believe people who have had crushing, soul crunching events transpire in their lives are forced to the absolute far end of the spectrum of sanity. This is Jesus land. Prisoners who have murdered human beings have such a choking amount of guilt inside, they snap to the far end of sanity, to the Jesus mind.

Let me be clear, I'm not saying I believe Jesus existed or didn't exist. We can't prove that. I'm speaking of the impact of a belief system on a troubled mind.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Since this is a fairly unknown/new connection, anybody else out there who has similar memories, experiences or hints/leads?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Well i don't think you'll have to look far to find an example if you're looking for a generic comparision of the methods used - just look at how we're being turned against certain foreign states of government as a nation(s).

The people are a weapon, one that at times has a mind of it's own.

KTK

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Every born again I have ever come across has always cut of thier family and friends. Did this also happen with these cases, do these people only associate with people in thier church?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheObjectReport

Dude, it just the acid. I once thought I was zeus firing lighning bolts made of water
I once even saw brandon lee dressed up like the crow pull his face off back to bare bone. Acid makes you see weird stuff. A friend of mine once freaked out, said our drummer melted into the wall and came back looking like Station from Bill and teds bogus journey, never seen somebody so scared in my life. Those days are over now

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheObjectReport

Obviously, the first thing to say is, "of course it was the acid!"
But let me ask you this:
Were you "programmed" by an overly religious mother/father? Or is this a genetic thing that you say we "snap" into when we go insane?
That's when we go to Jesus Land?
It almost sounds like an implication there, one that isn't nice.
But, I don't think it is germane to the point to go there.
I personally do not know anyone who has been programmed to believe in Jesus, and your theory of Jesus Land is invalid if exposure to religion is your criteria for being programmed. Haven't you ever heard the stories of the preacher's daughter? They don't tell them for nothing, believe me!
Thank God for religion, or I would never gotten laid as a teenager. Go, bible school!

top topics

join