It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Gnostic Plot to kill God in 2012? (Armageddon?)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Gnosticism is nothing but atheism , in the old days one just couldn't say "there is no god" or whatever. So they used stories,myth to kill the god idea and the oneness (the ultimate god) is just US, the world.

Some say, it solves the problem of evil. Not really, religions use the devil and the gnostics use a false god aka demiurge Honestly, when i was reading the myths i was like :"oh please, the demiurge, "false god" never had a change. He was dumped by his "mother's the goddess Sophia , no wonder he lost his ways.

but anyways it's all bull#. Life is meaningless, there is no god, but the monetary system is very evil, but what can you do hé.

peace

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Sargasso

It is a Gnostic belief that a little "knowledge" can be a dangerious thing. I think this thread and post represent that perfectly. It takes loose legged understandings of the Gnostic belief system and spins a bunch of bunk about it as if that were the case.

Does anyone alive really know what Gnosticism is about? I have my doubts these days.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Sounds about as rediculous as Bush saying he needs to kill all evil doers ..
That would pretty much leave the world with NO ONE LEFT ...you cannot possibly kill all evil doers and how silly to even believe that killing anyone kills evil ...evil will just roam around and find another to dwell within .....evil is a spiritual entity (so is GOD) you cannot kill it ........

Not to mention the greatest evil doer of all is the one saying they will kill all the evil doers ....(Bush ) ........

PS the Gnostics have about as much as a chance of killing God as Noob and NJ and Wolf have of proving that God does not exist ..so good luck with that ....

[edit on 1-12-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This thread shows how people react. You need to say that "Gnostics are trying to kill god" and people shuts their ears and start throwing rocks. And somehow a "god" creature needs to be saved from death.

Gnosis is a vast subject that can't be compressed to a single post of average length. For gnostics this plane of existance is fake, pure virtual reality in every way limiting our potential and suppressing those most dangerous to the system. For Gnostics the true immaterial God did not limit anyone. The prime idea is to give every entity limitless potential which is not the case in our world.

I wonder how many of us exposed to the knowledge of being imprisoned in material world for eons would *not* want to take revenge. It's a very human reaction

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Yes, the plans been set since 10000 years ago.

It's true and from Atlantis.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
If we leave religion to one side and concentrate on The Prime Creator who created everything in the Cosmos, and then give Him the name God, we can then talk about a Gnostic plot to kill him.

We are therefore speaking of some lowly creatures plotting to kill the Supreme Being, and that simply isn't possible, for the Gnostics aren't powerful enough, nor is anyone else. The energy which we call the Supreme Being is capable of successfully defending Himself from all sources.

Only lowly beings think of war, for at the higher levels of existence, only lightness, peace and love exist.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Maybe the god created in the minds of man (as opposed to the real god) Maybe this is what it means, if so there will be a real war because all the fundamentalists will get out their guns and start shooting people because that all what fundamentalist robots know.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Both the forces are in our mind... they will eventually come back to their roots...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Sargasso

As many have said, there are different sects of Gnostic. It is always best to read the material yourself then take another persons point of view.

I dont translate as what is said about this 'ruler' who claims to be God as someone that will be killed as we think of killing. The killing is a change in the vibrations of man....when this happens, you are overcoming the material and ego and accepting your true nature.

To all of those who say someone cant kill God. NO ONE IS SAYING THAT ANYONE IS TRYING TO KILL THE INFINITE CREATOR....they are talking about the ruler of matter...the prince of this world who CLAIMS HIMSELF AS GOD. This is why one of his names is Saklas....which means 'fool' or blind god. We are talking about aeons and archeons....attributes. A aeon brought forth this 'ruler' on her own without the spirits will....the God in the OT is not the True Father of all things....he is ONLY the true father of this world.....the material.

This is why I speak so much to others about discerning natures. If you dont do this, and discern what is divine....you will not see or hear.

The war is over the light and the dark. The light always wins, not because it uses its power to rule....it doesnt need to do this, the power is because it IS. The ruler does need things in order to remain in power here....he needs people to keep falling into these traps of thinking the Infinite Creator needed blood sacrifices, Holy Holidays, worship, ect.....Thee only needs your love, once this happens, a natural order occurs, and you live for this divine light, you are self no more. You dont need self salvation or redemption no more....your humble heart will lead you on a divine path.

The Infinite Creator allows it all to play out as it is to be. Through evolving religions, we see people have come along way of discovering a divine nature. You are your own salvation...through your thoughts and actions and humbleness that you are not a self.... your will is not a will of the material world if you are humbled in this divine way. Then also, you see, God, the true God of all things....is always humble and the love never ever stops.

AGAIN....no one is saying the Monad, the Infinite Creator can be or should be killed. They are saying that the one that most people think is God and think his nature is wrathful are wrong....and that this is not a divine nature and man is the one to do away with it. HOW???? By overcoming the ruler of material things and this body of flesh. Its not a killing of blood ect.....its a mind over matter thing.

Just like with any material, there is distortion. One must study many if not all religions to grasp what is divine and what is ruling this body of flesh.

The Infinite Creator breathed the life into the creation...the divine spirit filled and fattened everything here that sustains life. It wasn't God wanting us to stay in a garden....

Only part of the beliefs I have shared are from the gnostic texts, the rest is what I have learned on my own path of seeking.

There are only a couple of gnostic texts that display Jesus as something that doesnt fit a divine nature. Otherwise....they are chalk FULL of sayings and teachings by Jesus. Something just rings true when I read some of these teachings...and many are found as the same teachings as in the NT. Just a bit more deep as to what things mean in the gnostic text....

Im not sure where the whole 2012 idea came from, its not in the gnostic text, it has to be someones interpretation.

Peace

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallsorts

AGAIN>>>>we are not talking about killing the Supreme One of all things....we are discerning that the OT God who claims himself as God is the ruler of matter....darkness...flesh. This is why he has attributes such as jealousy, pride, ego, wrath and intervenes when man becomes full of wisdom. The true one has no need to intervene....for this is a part of the divine plan...the spirit within must overcome the matter, material, riches of this world. This is the war, not a war of guns and killings of blood...its a war of spirit and matter....we are made of both....they conflict each other. They are the prime yin and yang that we observe in every single thing here. The Christ is within, the Christ within you is awaiting to rejoin with the Holy Spirit. This can only happen through us. Our jobs are more important then waiting on God to fix things. It is us that must overcome the flesh, matter, riches, pride, ego....all of those attributes ONLY exists in this world or matter...they do not exists in the Infinite Creator, the Eternal Light. When you dont hide the light....then its not hard to overcome this. Also, it is then not hard to see that the Infinite Creator becomes darkened by the ruler of flesh, through man falling to love the flesh more then the divine light within.

Again, mind over matter.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
the op post is true.amitakh stanford is a writer who has written about this and dualism etc.her site is www.xeeatwelve.com

jesus is a being from the divine realism who opposed god but his teachings were hijacked.

to all Christans and religious believers i have a question for you
Why there is soo much evil,death,pain,suffering if god exists?.AS god is omnipotent and omniverse this shouldn't happen.
believers would defend and say that we need evil to balance but this is a misconception

good does not need evil,evil is parasitic and need good.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by Tallsorts

..we are discerning that the OT God who claims himself as God is the ruler of matter....darkness...flesh. This is why he has attributes such as jealousy, pride, ego, wrath and intervenes when man becomes full of wisdom.

so they are going to kill George Bush?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by spacial

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I think you're a little confused...

To sum it all up:
God is everything that is good
Satan is everything that is bad

It is not Gods will that terrible things happen, but He has given man freedom of choice. That is why Christians are SUPPOSED to do God's will on earth, as it is in heaven.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Were you speaking to someone particular?

You stated someone was confused...so a little clarifying and mabey that 'you' can correctly respond.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I thought this thread was a joke at first, I must admit, but I've taken the time to read it now.

It reminds me of the book "The Amber Spyglass..." which was awefully complicated but some of it centered around an attempt to kill God.

Either way I think it is an interesting concept; on some level it makes sense that a god that created a physical world would also have a physical body of some kind, especially if you take the "In His Image" part literally.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
There is nothing new under the sun. This has already been thought of and I'm sure attempted at some point and will be attempted again. Check this out.

Psalms 2:1-4

1Why do the heathen rage,
and the people imagine a vain thing?

2The kings of the earth set themselves,
and the rulers take counsel together,
against the LORD, and against his Anointed, saying,

3Let us break their bands asunder,
and cast away their cords from us.

4He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh:
the Lord shall have them in derision.

Now I'm not sure of exact dates of when that was written but I'd have to say that it was a long time ago.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Spirituality is a growing force. Gnosticism, if one applies the original meaning to it, would be having secret knowledge that it is dispensed to certain ones.

This knowledge would grow and change as the light grows brighter. We cannot necessarily apply knowledge of 2000 years ago and expect it to be without its problems. The point of it is to understand that there is special knowledge that does exist.

My thoughts are: we have been governed by a lesser God, with an Infinite God above him. It would explain the problems on earth and the evil within it.

Does this mean that Satan, if he is indeed earth's God, is evil? Or has his role been misunderstood? I believe that he works on the same team as the Almighty or Infinite One, or the power with consciousness.

He is here to refine and define us! He is man's adversary, while being Gods team member. He is doing the job that Jah/Yahweh etc. cannot do. He is our brick wall, our resistance in order to help us to grow, whereas, Jah is too elevated for that role.

Where free will comes in for us, is in the choice. We are dispensable and this makes it hard for us to understand. But we are just lemmings, after all.

Just as there is a pecking order in amongst humans, there is in all of heavenly congress, also. Satan is obviously a lesser member and may be on a learning curve - himself. His minions now, may be entirely a different story.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Okay...
Before going and making wild accusations, why not ask a Gnostic? (I am Gnostic for you slow ones) Anyway, to the original poster, you are for the most part correct in your description of Gnostics. However, we believe the God in the New Testament is not the God of the Old. There is a lot more to it then that...you mentioned Gnostism without mentioning Sophia?!?

As far as I know, we Gnostics are not a part of any such conspiracy, but if I catch wind of anything odd you'll be the first to know...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Yeah, gnostic teachings are kinda funny, the old texts claim to be written by men in Jesus company (like the book of Thomas) but when examined they fail to resonate the truths in the bible, of which they (the early Gnostics) claim to expound upon. So, yes, they do want to destroy God, and glorify themselves with their own special "insights", thus distracting from the truth's that are already distorted enough in the bible by preverted translations with intent to convey specific non canon teachings. Like the trinity. Back to point, Gnostics do want to destroy God, and the start of that is the perversion of the identity of God. To claim Satan is just a missunderstood feller is a bold face lie. But the trick is, to tell you things about the bible, that aren't in the bible, and blind you with outrageous ideas, like, you don't need God, just listen to me and I can give you insight better than God.
So yes, Gnostics, want to destroy the God of the Bible (which, is the same God, OT and NT) and gain glory for themselves. Obviously, not born of love. That's why Paul had to warn Timothy to turn away “from the contradictions of the falsely called ‘knowledge.’” (1 Timothy 6:20, 21)
I am not afraid to quote Paul either, as I have noticed a strong belief being purportrated to discredit him as a true disciple, implications that he was attempting to glorify himself...he was imperfect, but his ultimate goal was to keep the congregations free of exactly the things discussed here. And his teachings fall in line with the theme of the bible, and don't add to them. But that's somebody elses battle!

Yes, Gnostics want to destroy God , but it is just a want, the best they are able to do is destract, decieve, and claim higher insight than anyone else...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join