It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Move on, folks, nothing to see on the moon. Or..?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This photo was taken during the Apollo 17 mission, my absolute favourite hunting ground, at station 6. The image shows a feature on the north face of fragment 4 of the station 6 boulder. (The boulder sits at the southwest rim of Camelot crater, and it is made up of 5 large fragments.)

NASA also seemed to think that this particular feature was very interesting - they took 8 photographs of it, AS17-140-21401 to 21408, and the feature is clearly visible in all of them.

This is a cropped version of the image AS17-140-21404. It is not the far better HI-RES version, that is to big to post here. The only thing I have done is to increase brightness a bit, because this feature was in the shade when the photo was taken.

So, what do you all think? Is this just a completely natural feature? Is it some kind of art work? And the feature to the right, beside the strange animal/birdlike "head", can it be some kind of handle? It seems to be protruding out of the rock:

Link to full, HI-RES image at The Gateway to Astronaut Photography:
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

For those of you who may be interested in reading more about the geology and the samples taken at station 6, go to this document:
www.hq.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Mark the "head" so we can distinguish it from pure rock?
Sorry, but I don't see it.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
nice i see the bird. is from the top down to the mid..

what do kind of and nothing on that other page does not make sens too me..

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

Here I have circled what I am talking about in the image, hope that will make it clearer to you.

Blue circle: The "head"
Red circle; The "handle"

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kadara_dk
nice i see the bird. is from the top down to the mid..

what do kind of and nothing on that other page does not make sens too me..

Hi, I am not sure what you mean? Are you referring to the link to the full, HI-RES image, or the link to the NASA scientific geology report?
I will try to answer any question you have - if I can.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
and LOOK!! just above the face in the red circle A WHITE RABBITS HEAD!!
It's clearly there, so does this mean there are MOON BUNNIES ? Your looking WAAAAY too closely for stuff guy. You will see anything if you really want too.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The high res photo looks like there are different areas on the boulder that are made from different stuff. The bird is looking to the left with big black eye? Looks weird. There seems to be all kinds of things stuck in and around the giant boulder also.

I think this might be the boulder somebody once showed a film of "it moving?" , looks like it might be that one.

Thaank for the info!

Ruff

[edit on 2-6-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Nice to see that someone actually took the time to look at the HI-RES image, thank you for that!

Personally, I have never heard of a film with this boulder moving. Do you have more info about that?

new topics

top topics

join