It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toasted Pixi Anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
My brother in law forwarded me this picture the other day of an apparent pixi like creature that seems to have gotten too close to one of those bug zapper lamps. He wouldn't tell me where he got the photo from so automatically im thinking possible fake since I am a little bit of a skeptic. Has anyone else seen this or anything like it? Looks pretty real but........

[edit on 1-6-2008 by QBSneak000]

[edit on 1-6-2008 by QBSneak000]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I have seen pictures before of what I think is this same 'creature', and if I remeber correctly this is actually a plant. I know, I know, it looks just like a lil corpse, that is what I said too, and still have to wonder why a plant would grow tiny little hands and feet, and be soooo anatomical, but that was the explaination for this. I will see if I can find a picture of those lil guys. Thanks for the post, I think it is awsome to see this kind of stuff!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
You have to see this, it is the Pedro Mountain Mummy. Looks very similar to this hoax fairy. But this is for real.

Link: www.geocities.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Cool, thanks for the links. I thought I saw it somewhere before. now all I need to do is learn how to delete a thread.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
SERIOUSLY... Look at the wings. Leaves. As for the body I'm not a good hoaxer and wouldn't know how to fake it.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Yeah, I definitely dropped the ball on this one. Looks like I need to do more research before I start a thread like this.

My apologies to the ATS community to wasting their time.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Looks like a Brian Davis gaff.

cgi.ebay.com...

I own a couple of these and up close they look far more real than the pics.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Whether its real or not I have to say this, it is a wicked photo. Pretty cool and if any of us were to ever find one of those things, well we would all change our lives eh?

Mystical reality is great!

Way to go QB "Keep BC Green"!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Looks like it knew how to do karate.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Don't beat yourself up over fakes. Remember, this is the 21st century and comprehending most things requires some extent of specialization into it. Being 'informed' is difficult anymore. It used to be if someone saw something, you wrote them a letter, went out to where they saw it, or if they had something you went to take a look. Now it is, "I've got a photo!" Everyone else goes, "Yay, proof!" and then when the old norm approach is brought up, "Can I touch it?" Everyone descends on them like a starved ravens. If they do get to touch it and it turns out to be real... the same thing happens. If the thing turns out to be false, a few of the ravens that stayed on them through it all nip off a few more bits of flesh as they can and head off for fresh meat.

And besides, today, unless you've got some serious equipment to pull a few photos apart, it's getting harder to just sit down with anything and say... oh yeah that looks viable.

Keeping your hopes up... remember also that everything fantastic comes from something real. The only difference between the real and unreal is how possible it is to reach right now. The less possible the less real, and vice versa.

top topics

join