It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Issues Tardy Climate Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

White House Issues Tardy Climate Report

news.aol.com

WASHINGTON (May 29) - Under a court order and four years late, the White House Thursday produced what it called a science-based "one-stop shop" of specific threats to the United States from man-made global warming.

The report was required by a 1990 law which says that every four years the government must produce a comprehensive science assessment of global warming. It had not been done since 2000.

Environmental groups got a court order last year to force the Bush administration to produce the document by the end of this month.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
This is for all the climate change deniers. If it's not happening, then why did it take four years and a court order to force the government to follow the law and release their findings?

The answer is, it IS happening and the government KNEW it was happening right back in the 80's. THIS administration has done everything it can to hide or alter the scientific findings, just like it does with every issue from the Iraq War to the Financial Crisis. It's no co-incidence that the ones screaming loudest that climate change is a 'myth' are the same right wing pundits that glorify the war and ridicule concerns about the economy.

Wake up. You're being suckered.

news.aol.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I am trying to understand your posts to either say that Climate Change is real, or the notion of Global Warming is real because to me, they are separate things.

Global Warming is a fabrication made up by the governments to promote that "WE" as humans are responsible for the warming of the Earth.

Climate Change is a natural part of what happens to the Earth during a cycle that this planet has gone through since the beginning of time.

Although I am not saying that we do not have a hand in supplying in the CO2 emissions, and we should take steps to try to limit how much we do supply, it is totally not enough to make the natural things that happen with climate change.

So, to me anyway, it doesn't really matter weather or not a report is submitted or not. It is going to say the same stuff that it always says. And that is.....

Man is responsible for this Warming of the EARTH

For which...I personally think is untrue.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Wow. What I am most surprised about this is that the report seems very downplayed. All most as if ..."Uh...Do you want the bad news..or the really bad news?"

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
An EXCELLENT representation of how Bush is doing such a great job in office.

Who doesn't believe in Global warming?
Who has been in the White House the last 8 years?
Who have I never liked?

Its all the same person.

new topics

top topics

join