It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 3rd Thru 5th Roadchecks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Just got an email from my brother about the june 3rd thru 5th roadchecks being done is part of a 37 step procedure related to vehicle, cargo and safety.
Here is the body of my e-mail:

www.jjkeller.com:80...'s Roadcheck 2008 set for June 3-5 From June 3, 2008, through June 5, about 10,000 trained and certified officers will blanket the roadways of North America to prevent truck and bus accidents and save lives. Known as Roadcheck 2008, federal, state, provincial, and local officers will be conducting North American Standard Inspections around the clock for 72 hours from June 3-5. The inspections involve a comprehensive 37-step procedure which includes items related to vehicle, driver, and cargo safety. Officers also will be giving drivers educational materials on various aspects of commercial vehicle, driver, and hazardous materials safety.Some past statistics indicate that from 2001 to 2003, roadside inspection and traffic enforcement activities on trucks and buses conducted by these certified officers saved 2241 lives and helped to avoid 37,424 injuries and 49,126 crashes. Between 1998 and 2003, there was a 48 percent increase in the number of lives saved from these activities.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
What I am wondering is how they can legally do this? Wouldn't it be more prudent to hold safety classes community or city wide rather than encroaching further upon the rights and privileges of the citizens in this intrusive manner?
This is NWO at it finest as far as I am concerned, creating a police state where by we will eventually lay down our rights to privacy in masse.
Also who is this JJKeller? And why do they feel they need to lead the general public in this blatent display of control of the national roadways?
We take a test before we hit the roads, I don't need to be stopped on the way to the ball game or the market to be 'checked' for my passengers , cargo and or safety. This is too much!

[edit on 28-5-2008 by antar]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I have been toying with the idea of putting up my own sobriety checkpoint signs up on the state highways. Then I could hide in the bushes and retrieve all the contraband that comes flying out the windows.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thank you for the "heads up" antar. I shall curtail my smuggling activities during the road checks.

Just teasing of course. I do find it very obtrusive of our governments to impinge upon our people in this manner. Traffic is already slow in many areas. This can only slow it down further.

If a driver is not breaking any traffic laws and is not driving an obviously dangerous automobile I see no reason for these road checks.

Just another brick in the NWO wall.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I see it the other way.

This isn't NWO or Big Brother...

I'm happy to participate in these Road Checks if needed.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
it's already been discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

2 pages of discussion on it here.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Thanks, I did ATS/Google and found nothing, just wanted to bring it to the attention of others, MODS feel free to close this thread I will comment further on the above posted links, Thanks.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I have been toying with the idea of putting up my own sobriety checkpoint signs up on the state highways. Then I could hide in the bushes and retrieve all the contraband that comes flying out the windows.

That was really funny!

Thanks for the laugh.

It seems this is a drill for when and if they decide to quarentine or something they will have the traffic controlled.

new topics

top topics

join