It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First sighting...maybe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Well, I've never seen a UFO, or at least I was skeptical of it being so, and now I'm convinced that I've seen one. Here's what happened:

So, there I was, standing on the smoke deck enjoying a nice cancerous cigarette after a good PT session. The time on deck was about 0215 and there is no one else in the smoke deck. Yay, more space for me to stink the air with. After looking into the water and feeling I had to pee, I decided to take a gander at the skies. Well, just so happens as I look up, BAM! There's an orblike light in the sky. It's somewhat hidden by clouds, so I'm thinking it's just the moon....well, it hit me a few seconds later that the moon is to my rear...odd. I'm sitting here staring at this yellowish orblike light hidden by the clouds when suddenly it just disappears. Now, at this point I'm thinking it's just some kind of spot light that was in the air from either land, the ship or another ship. Thinking about that I realize I would have seen some sort of trace from where it was coming from and we're at least fifty miles from any coast. I don't think that we were shining the light to the sky nor would any other ship. I thought maybe another vessel like a cargo ship possibly, but there wasn't any other ships in sight and it's a pretty visible horizon from the shine of the moon. I also thought possibly it's from the lightning that's been flasing in the skies for the past few nights, even tonight, but when I saw the BLUE lightning in the distance, that theory was gone. At this point, I'm pretty damn sure what I just saw was most likely either a figment of my imagination because I've just gotten done with a two hour workout and was possibly dehydrated or I just saw a UFO. Of course as location, that's a problem. I'm on a ship sitting in an area I'm not supposed to disclose, but if you keep tabs on what's in the news, I'm sure you can figure it out. I'm not a full blown skeptic, but I'm trying to rule out what I saw was a UFO. Mainly because I'm mad that when I saw it disappear I dropped my iPod and now I have a broken piece of equipment that's been helping me keep my sanity. I think I've covered all my bases....any questions? Anything you want to say that would help ease my mind? I'm not sure I want aliens flying around the area, could cause problems.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing your story.
I am not sure what you may have seen though...

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
How long did you see it for?

It could have been heat or ball lightning.

interesting story though.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

It was about a minute or so, maybe less. I was in a wee bit of shock...wasn't expecting to see anything out of the norm. I'm hoping to find someone else who saw it. I'm all shook up over this.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
sounds a little long to be lightning.

I don't know. maybe it will come back?

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Well, now I have a digital camera stuck in my pocket just in case.

Oh, and if it was an alien aircraft, I hate aliens because they made me drop and break my iPod.

[edit on 08524 by Echo3Foxtrot]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
UPDATE:

I started talking to some of the Navy cats on board and I found someone who gave me an explaination of what I saw: it was a flare. She said it was from a small fishing boat in distress.

Now, I'm skeptical and I would normally take this as is, but something tells me that's not what it was. Granted the light was hidden by the clouds, it was just...how can I explain it....not very flare like?

top topics

join