It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of world in 2012??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I have recently noticed that there are many clues that may seem like the end of the world will be comming in the year 2012 or around there. like on the news (cnn) NASA said there was a pritty devastating comet comming towards earth and will reach us byt 2012 but they said it is very unlikely it will even hit us. but if it did will would wipe the earth out..(on that sort of lines they said) and on history and discovery channel on brandnew paranormal and scifi programs that were made in 2002 and 2003 they say many desaters will be happening by 2012. and many phanomanons(not sure on spelling, sorry) like religions,space, government, and natrul desaters oh and a new war will be the end of us and the planet by or around 2012.. i wounder if it is true. and if so thats only 8 years away..that sucks

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well, there seems to be a lot pointing to this... Search for 2012, and you'll see a lot of threads here on ATS...

As for the asteroid, nothing official, but would they really tell us? I for one, think something is going down then...possibly an alien revelation? Who knows? I'd lock and move this thread, but being a mod for only a couple hours, haven't gotten that far yet, hehe...

Do the search for some more ideas on it....

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
isn't also the end of the Mayan calendar?

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
As for the asteroid, nothing official, but would they really tell us?

i think NASA said that if something were on a collision course they would do nothing to tell the general population. that may just be a rumor though, i'm not sure.

Originally posted by nwscc
isn't also the end of the Mayan calendar?

yeah, it is on December 21, 2012.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Actually I think it was the Brookings Institute who said it. A little out dated peice of text. It needs to be updated.

my bad. That report was for Alien Contact

www.enterprisemission.com...

a few more interesting links:
www.prep2003.com...

groups.msn.com...

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by nwscc]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I really think it is comming. i was reading in this one paper and they were talking about earth quakes and they were talking about some of the biggest and worst ones will be here in 2012??? hope not

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Maby 2012 is the time the NWO takes over or aliens take over but if that happend the galactic federation would help us if they are actually real.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by Chronic7]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I have for a long time been watching 2012. It looks like it has a high probability in my book of being the timeframe that Christ returns, the end of the tribulation or the 'cleansing' as is described in Revelations. Interestingly, many other religions and ancient writings point to similar endings.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I personally dont think the end of the world will be in 2012...could be earlier, could be later. Prove me wrong god...prove me wrong...

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
In the regards to 2012-2013. ALOT of information, from Mayan to Bible Code, to astornomical and astrological events... global and political situations, and all points in between.

I wrote it mainly just to do it... I sent it to a few friends, they enjoyed it, and are now paranoid, too.

If anyone wants to see it, let me know, send me your email address... I'll send you a copy as soon as I can.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
ok everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there have been like 20 threads in the last week about 2012, quit talking about it, if you believe it, then quit pissing your life away!

sorry, this just agitates me. honestly i think its a load of bull, but if you believe it, believe it once. ive read too many posts about it already! hahaha

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Ok people. Lets get this done with

I remember a few years back in 1996 or something.

ALL LIFE WAS SUPPOSED TO GO BYE BYE.

did it happen?

I WONDER

WHY ARE WE STILL HERE IF IT ENDED IN WHATEVER TIME???

people want you to be scared.

People gain control through fear.

dont get all uptight Ill bet anything that well alll be here to post on ATS.com in 2012.

cheers,

CATFISH

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Im not scared I want somthin to happen i dont care if its good or bad.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The End of the World does not need to mean a physical destruction. It could be a spiritual awakening, on a global scale. Either way, it would be the end as we know it.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
But what do you mean by "a spiritual awakening"??

wouldnt that just make the world more interesting???

I geuss it would depend on what sort of awakening it was.

CATFISH

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
The End of the World does not need to mean a physical destruction. It could be a spiritual awakening, on a global scale. Either way, it would be the end as we know it.
This is my feeling as well about the year 2012, apart from others. As in "spiritual awakening", I believe humanity's awareness will reach beyond the physical, where we reach and break free of the rational-egoistic mind. The is what we could mean by the "end of the world as we KNOW it." We will perhaps reach new awareness, surpassing the physical dimension.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Plenty of threads on this already guys.

new topics

top topics

join