It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else preparing just for the fun of it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Two Hands, Two Swords.....

That should be enough...

Swords never run out of ammo either......

I cant believe I just said 'Enough'..... lol ...

Thats a first...

Best Regards,

Blitzkreigen

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I live near Rotterdam, the second biggest port in the world. We have a helluvalot of chemical industry just 10 to 15 of kilometers away from our houses. Should something serious occur, I can be quite sure that me and my family are F*7k$d anyway. Not to mention the fact tha in the event of flood living only 2 meters above sea level does not help either.

Still i try to be prepared as much as possible. Living next to a potential chemical bomb makes you aware of such things, although I think the general awareness about has become less over the years. I can remember that in the late eighties, when I was 8 or 10 or something, we were tought what to do in the event of a chemical disaster. We would receive leaflets at home about how to act and stuf. Nowadays, you're never reminded about the dangers. Because is has been going ok for so long But there will come a day when something goes wrong, or the Aliens come in their tripods to destroy us, or some bearded muslim decides it's a good idea to blow up the shell petrochemic refineries or whatever. And then there will be panic in the streets. I will probably be flipping also, but at least I will nknow what to do. Cause I've got my wife and twins to protect. I've got my small stock to survive at least a week, my dog to help me protect them against looters or vandals and some other stuff to get us going.

I pray that a day like that will never come, but if it comes I will be prepared. Or at least, I try to be. No one can ever be fully prepared for stuff like this because it will happen when you expect it the least. All we can do is try.

Sounds pessimistic to you? I like to call it realistic.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I do it for fun. Im still new though but I enjoy drawing shelter schematics on CAD and I enjoy doing spreadsheets of rationing schedules. I enjoy seeing how fast I can dig a 6 foot hole. Its fun and games for me but I know I wil benefit from it in the long run.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
What you call fun I call a skill.

Ive never learned CAD, and I have a Landsdcaping program that Ive played with trying to design a shelter. It didnt work too well, and My patience ran out.

Making food programs is what I would call advanced as well. I hope you using Caloric Intake and Protein, as well as Vitamin intake and allowing for 'Pleasure' foods.

If you were nearby, Heck I'd pay you to dig a trench! I hope you dont mind fixing a broken sewer line as well... lol
I'll even pay you to re- fill it when I'm done. How about that? Paid to Have "Fun" !

I hate Friggin' Diggin'!

One last suggestion....... Study up on the Structural Rebar requirements for the roof and walls of a shelter. Its my understanding that too Much steel rebar will make the roof "brittle" and it will fail with overpressures. Too little and it will sag and crack, and fail with overpressures....

Somewhere there is a magic formula to use for Nuke Shelters, that must be adhered to. More is not necessarialy better in this case.

Best Regards,

Blitzkreigen

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blitzkreigen
reply to post by jpm1602

Thats what I see people doing. ( Lets loot Tv's in a FLOOD with no power )

I'll be in the camping store, looting generator's.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Good Luck With that!

You and EVERY ONE ELSE within walking distance will be thinking the same thing....

Imagine a 'Dollar Sale' for 30 minutes in a grocery store Today....

Do you think you can even walk in the door?

Better make a new better plan Stan....

No need to be Coy Roy..... Just set yourself free....

Blitzkreigen

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join