It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China On Alert for Nuclear Accidents After Quake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

China On Alert for Nuclear Accidents After Quake

www.foxnews.com

BEIJING — China's nuclear safety agency had ordered staffers to be prepared for an environmental emergency the day after a massive earthquake jolted a region that includes several key atomic sites.

France's nuclear watchdog has said some of China's nuclear facilities sustained minor damage in Monday's magnitude 7.9 earthquake, though no Chinese government Web sites viewed Saturday mentioned any damage.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

China has a research reactor, two nuclear fuel production sites and two atomic weapons sites in Sichuan province, where the quake struck, the French agency said. All were 40 to 90 miles from the epicenter.

Nuclear experts said there were several possibilities if any significant damage occurred at the plants, at least one of which is alongside a river. A radioactive leak could cause environmental harm, while internal damage could set back China's nuclear modernization, they said.

Mianyang, an industrial city of 700,000 people that is the headquarters of China's nuclear weapons design industry, was in the disaster area.

China's largest plutonium production reactor is also in the quake zone at Guangyuan.

There's a scary thought. Radiation leaks on top of Earthquakes on top of flooding...

There is a prediction by Nostradamus that I've been keeping an eye on for almost a year now, because it very clearly (IMO) gives a time period for an event and I believe the prediction has a connection to China. I don't believe the Earthquake, although very tragic, is the 'event'.

Century 10, Quatrain 74.

"The year of the great Seventh number accomplished: it will appear at the time of the games of slaughter. Not far from the age of the great Millennium when the dead will come out of their graves."

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
What, are you suggesting we're going to have to deal with an invasion of the Rad-Zombies?

Wonderful, my fave. type of zombie - the type that irradiates the place just by sticking around.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Well I wouldn't head for "The Winchester" for a pint and a packet of crisps too soon there Ed. But there could be more nastiness coming soon.

new topics

top topics

join