It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican: It's OK for Catholics to Believe in Aliens

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Interesting article,but I don't need some guy wearing a pointy hat telling me what is okay and what is not okay to believe in.
Organized religion is a farce as far as I'm concerned.I follow my own path.If the creator doesn't approve,then I pay based on my own mistakes.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
I wanted to mention that I believe the timing is quite amazing myself.

The Pope visits the United States of America for the first time goes home and now Aliens come to the forfront. Not only that the UK comes out with there X-Files the same time.

I expect NASA might be next real soon with Bush making a speech he is probably practicing right now in Israel, hmmmmmmmmm timing is everything.

>> I'm thinking the same thing -- but I don't think this is yet an "avalanche." It could well be random chance in the course of things.

I don't see Bush wanting to reveal alien life -- it would distract people from worrying about illegal aliens, and mundane concerns. If we have aliens in outer space -- then Muslims just don't seem that darn scary anymore.

>> My opinion on the Catholic church would be, that they OFTEN know one truth and tell everyone else another. Our Unitarian church is filled with ex Jesuits and Catholics because they seem to have seen both sides. Most of them just want to be good people without all the clap-trap. When the church was urging Gallileo to not talk up about the Sun being the center of the solar system -- they were well aware that he was correct, they just didn't think it was important to distract the masses with this information.

Maybe this is the same sort of thing. It just depends on whether the PTB see this as business as usual -- and how THEY can maintain control and profit from it.

ON the other hand (not saying I have any definitive notion of Aliens on earth -- it would just be kind of cool), if the Aliens are setting the agenda, then these folks are just trying to manage the release of information so that they stay relevant and people don't realize they lie to us about everything they possibly can get away with. Just on principle.

Maybe the situation with the oceans, and mankind's abuse of them, is very dire -- THAT is a reason I would think, that some ET's would start butting into our lives. Or if BushCo pushes a hot war with Iran -- that sort of thing.

>> I'm curious about more details of the KNOWLEDGE you have of aliens. What is your background here and what experiences have you had. I'd love to actually know that there were advanced aliens. I look up at the sky in frustration of not being able to see it all. A lot of the people with "super advanced knowledge" seem to be attention seekers -- but dazzle me. You seem more level-headed than others who claim some contact.

-- I don't mean that as a challenge by the way -- just curious observe50.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Alien's Ok To Believe in Pope

other headlines we will never see..
Welcome to the 21st Century. Are economic conditions so bad that the spin doctors the world over are trotting out the ET hypothesis for popular consumption?
When disclosure finally comes its likely to be done in stages, each revelation building on the one before..Where is the DISCLOSURE CLOCK sitting right now?
Probably 10 minutes before Midnight.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I just wish disclosure would happen. I just wish ET would land on the White House Lawn during a news conference. For better or worse - Let's light this candle!

That's really the problem FlyersFan is that's what we've been programmed to expect. It will never happen - unless a staged false event. How nice it would be if it were all that simple. Happy happy, joy joy and Leave it to Beaver - all in one.

Though I have no evidence to present you with, I suggest that they have been and are already here. Just watching and nudging things along now and then. I'm sure you believe something similar otherwise you wouldn't be looking for disclosure. Maybe all we have to do is figure out where or how to look and disclosure will fall in our lap.

Are they demon's as some say? Well are we not demons to some of the other creatures we share this earth with? After all, we use them as we see fit to enhance our existence without much thought to how they see us. When we see their species failing we nudge them along, until they can survive without our interference.

I suggest full disclosure will never happen and as some of us stumble upon the truth we will too become keepers of the secret for the greater good of humankind. Us Earthlings might be just like children, like in the movie "The Village" where they live in a sort of zoo within the modern world which remains hidden from them in order that it works. In that case full disclosure would mean the complete destruction - which may hurt more than we are prepared to deal with.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

the governments will want to let us know before anything major happens i would think.

some of the races are frustrated on how slow we are at becoming civilzed and how we suck at taking care of our planet..

like the other guy said(sorry,i'll scroll up and get your name) the governements will probably let us know in stages.(Sunray06)

there is so much knowledge on the net..i'm surprised,sometimes i feel the government wants us to figure it out if we want to.

aliens mostly do stuff at night..if you see one..hold your palms out and keep your arms down so you're not as threatening to them.

wanna see some aliens?
reptoids
www.youtube.com...

human types
www.youtube.com...

there is so much more info i want to link,but i want you to look for it yourself..plus i dont want to anger any government type dudes or dudettes.
i honestly love my governement in most ways and understand why they do things the way they do.

i just wish on this subject they would share some knowledge,cause it's important to the entire human race.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by Skipper1975]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I was watching the History Channel some time ago a there was Father that was a believer in the possibility of extraterrestial life. When he was ask how would he feel if someday we find out that there was another type of intelligent beings he answer strock a nerve with me because im also a believer of both.

To paraphrase his answer he said something along the lines of : " Would you imagine if we meet not one but many many civilizations and we are the only one that thats still debate the existance of a God when all the civilizations known are completely convinced by faith of have first hand knowledge of his existance".

Now on the other side their is the issue of what if we meet other civilizations and WE are the only one that believes in a supreme being. They would look at us the same way we look at other cultures that had many gods.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

With all due respect to you sir, I don't believe they have come here for demonic purposes. They don't seem like the type that want to eat you or anything or perform satanical rituals in your yard. They do seem to enjoy cattle nonetheless and like to take us and play with our organs, including reproductive. Well considering if that is true or not. I mean I hope that when we find aliens and get into contact with them it doesn't end up like DOOM III and they come out of hellfire and eat people's souls. I don't believe in that kind of stuff personally but hey, anything could happen right?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
he's making it up as he goes along isn't he ?

whats next ?

evolution is real ?.....oh yeah he's done that one already.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Idiotic schizo paranoia at its finest apex.

Yeah, the demonic extra-terrestrials and E.T. propoganda.

This is the Vatican doing nothing more than accepting its faults and its short comings.

70 years ago we went to the moon and a new public generation arose with heghtened cosmic awareness and a confidence that almost anything is possible.

Now one of the largest religions in the world is admitting to alien life.

They are readying us for our future. It's obvious to see, but I suppose there's always those that want the mass panic and demon aliens to play out

Sounds like something my friend's 6 year old little sister would say.

Any evil space faring civilization with the technology to travel the stars and the currently unimaginable energy and ways to do so in relation to human knowledge... must be a peaceable civilization. With all that technology and power and not the ability to use it harmlessly, one with a sense of logical thought would come to the conclusion that everything would be blown up by now, not only here, but elsewhere.

Sorry, that's not the way that it is and not the way that it will be or is playing out.

This is a public relations campaign by the catholic church and a public education. Whatever the plan was for this planet it is coming to fruition and its time for us to know our place, once and for all, with physical evidence.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

the vatican already admitted to believing in evolution-Pope JohnPaul II recognized it as undeniable in a 1998 release IIRC.
so evolution/aliens....
eek!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Actually they (beings) do use the word Evolution. I was told that we are Evolving to slowly.

The way I put it they plant the seed and watch it grow. (give information and wait to see how long it takes to come to fruitation.)

But what do I know

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by carslake

assuming the pope actually said this (and it's by no means certain he did) he was not speaking ex cathedra meaning infallibly guided by the holy spirit which means catholics do not have to accept it and may reject it or believe it as they wish.
personally i believe it is nonsense. did christ go to their planet and be born again of the blessed virgin...? was he crucified twice to redeem mankind...? i don't think so.......

no matter what scientists claim about "other planets" etc, our planet earth is unique in so many ways. because that's the way God made it.......

veritas

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
did christ go to their planet and be born again of the blessed virgin...? was he crucified twice to redeem mankind...? i don't think so.......

God made it.......

Well that's something that you need to consider then, isn't it?

You know, 500 years ago they killed men for claiming that the Earth wasn't the center of the universe. It's sad that today there are still minds out there congruent to your self. It'll come to pass soon enough. God will cease to exist and so will the Christ.

You and your religion's denial of extra-terretrial life will only fuel its inevitable discovery. At that moment you will have to question whether or not you still believe in the Bible, its words and the scriptures of the Human Being, a man just like yourself, named Jesus Christ.

He must die a lot...

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
reply to post by zysin5

Belief in God and trust in the Vatican are not mutually exclusive in my book. The Vatican's grip on humanity is not to be trusted.

That wasn't a crack on Catholics, so don't make it out to be.

Peace

i have to agree with u on this one big time dogma or power mad its to meesed up to trust the vatican after they r only human

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Thats because they ARE aliens.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join