It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There must be life in space: astronauts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

There must be life in space: astronauts

news.smh.com.au

The human race will find life elsewhere in the universe as it pushes ahead with space exploration, astronauts back from the latest US space mission said.

The comments come after a surprisingly high-level debate in Japan about UFOs.

Nobutaka Machimura, the number two in government, said in December that he personally believed aliens existed, in an unusual rebuttal to a government statement that Japan had no knowledge of UFOs.

Defence Minister Shigeru Ishiba went as far as to say that he was studying the legal ramifications of responding to an alien attack in light of Japan's post-World War II pacifist constitution.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Could be a precursor for disclosure? Sounds like a very candid and open discussion about other life in space, especially as it is in mainstream media.

news.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Possibly, like you said, a precursor. I doubt anything will come of it. If it does, our government will play it off as "those crazy asians" and their post-nuclear fantasies.

I think the majority of the world believes that there is life out there, whether intelligent or not. But the majority of the world believes in a deity as well, so what we must seek is proof. Saying "I know" just isn't enough to convince anyone.

join