It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone have issues uploading to youtube or google video?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I am trying for my first time to upload to youtube a video that is 21Mb. It is in the .mov format. According to youtube its an acceptable file type.

The problem is, when I upload I have waited for more than 1/2 hour and it still is not finished. My browser says at the bottom sending request to (youtube url).

So, I think maybe it is a problem with traffic on their networks or some other issue on their end and I attempt the same thing with google video and I get the same thing.

Although I can check my network status while this upload is occurring and it shows a connection of 100Mbs and the packets are both coming and going like crazy.

Is it just sitting there attempting to get queued or is there some other issues?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

The 100 Mbs figure is the potential download speed of your connection. The upload speed will probably be anywhere from 384 Kbs to 2 Mbs depending on your service.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Toromos

Man thats terrible! That could take decades. How can I check my upload speed, do you know?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This is a pretty handy site:

www.speakeasy.net...

Just click a city and it tests your download and upload speed on a server in that city.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Toromos

Thanks. Its only around 120Kb/s on the upload speed.

So much for the advertised internet speed.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Yeah, ISP's get around that by stating what their potential speeds are. Since so many things like net traffic, distance, target servers, routing methods, can affect speeds, they hedge their bets that way.

top topics

join