It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Super Delegate Selling Vote For $20 Million

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Democrat Super Delegate Selling Vote For $20 Million

www.judicialwatch.org

Thu, 05/08/2008 - 13:32 — Judicial Watch Blog

A Democrat super delegate who is a prominent national party member is selling his vote for $20 million and says the money will be used to register and educate Mexican-American voters long neglected by the party.

The California delegate, a retired lawyer who heads the voting rights committee of the Democratic National Committee’s Hispanic Caucus, admits most people might think of him as “some crazy guy in California” for the hefty price tag on his vote. He says the reality is that his own party is crazy for not aggressively pursuing Mexican-American voters.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Is this legal? Can a "Super Delegate" actually sell their vote?

This sounds pretty unreasonable to me.

**I searched for this topic and didn't find this posted anywhere else. If it's in the wrong place, feel free to move it**

www.judicialwatch.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I don't think the intention was to actually sell it, but generate a few splashes for his cause.

Either way, Hillary Clinton does not have that kind of money anymore.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kelbtalfenekIs this legal? Can a "Super Delegate" actually sell their vote?

I do not think it is illegal to sell a delegate vote but I know it is definitely illegal to seek compensation for your vote in any type of government election.

Jon

new topics

top topics

join