It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 304
<< 301  302  303    305  306  307 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I noted that the button to friend and/or foe has gone and you now have to go to the member's profile, but the realisation has just dawned on the that the little bar at the top for friend or foe has also gone so there is absolutely no indication that the poster is a friend or foe (if they are).

Will this be reinstated?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I was coming to ask this same question. I had another issue with trying to quote external content with it coming up as 'code', but writing this post it seems like that is ficed for me now or I was just making a stupid mistake?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I wish I had access to chat so I could follow along with ATS Live #26 with fellow members during the 1/2 year anniversary which starts in less than two hours.

Maybe I was targetted by the stuxnet worm?

Thanks for giving this some attention and resolving this when someone qualified is not too busy or exhausted with the ATS 2010 cross over upgrades.

-ET

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

What? You have flags and now you want Chat, too?
What's wrong with you?
lol.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I put this in the 2010 Update thread, but I'm assuming people are busy so I will post it here as well.

Everytime I try to edit a post, I get a 404 page.

Now it allows me to edit and put the text in and everything, but once I hit submit, it 404's me.

If I hit my back button and go to the post in question, it's clearly edited correctly, but it will not give me confirmation and I always have to find a work around to getting back to the post.

Is this a known issue?

Using Windows 7 Ultimate with IE8..I also have the same problem in Chrome and Firefox, all most recent versions.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Maybe I was targetted by the stuxnet worm?

I thought you have mentioned numerous times that you were banned from chat?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Yes, I have mentioned it numerous times, the suxnet worm part was a joke. I am assured by staff and admin it is a technical issue, and simply not a logistical possibility to correct right now due to website upgrades being the priority. Although, every Saturday While listening to ATS Live I feel the need to press the reminder I still seek access to chat so I can follow along with my sub-Skype self

Just trying to let people know I am not going to forget I cannot access chat, but I am patient, and can wait until they can get around to it. With my flags finally regeristering for the first time ever this week, I know there is hope

-ET

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The BBCode "code" tag seems to no longer work.

The code tag is useful for preserving spaces for alignment.

For example:

Column A B C D E F
1-6 1 2 3 4 5 6
10-60 10 20 30 40 50 60
100-600 100 200 300 400 500 600

Those numbers should neatly align with the letters, but they don't. The code tag is claiming it's a quote tag, and all the spaces are being lost.

Please fix this.

edit on 2-10-2010 by LordBucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Getting the same issue, editing works but upon actually clicking edit I get 404'd.

Using; Windows 7x64, Firefox 3.6.10

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
yeah, we need the "friend" banner back. I don't have many friends, but the ones i do have are provocative. Like S-Dog...he changes his avatar frequently enough that i will end up missing his posts in a thread.

i would like to see the banner back, as well.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm really liking the clean look achieved partially because of the removal of the mini-profile friend tags.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I've actually decided to go sans-avatar out of courtesy to others.

I only browse the site now with the returned feature in 'tools' of removing avatars and backgrounds. I find that under the current layout, it makes for a vastly improved ATS experience. If i have the avatars/backgrounds turned on I can basically only see one post on my screen and most of it is an empty and cavernous signature space. Perhaps when most folks have adhered to the new avy dimension guidelines I will turn it back on. In all actuality it is actually rather nice to be able to browse around this way ... it encourages one to focus on the posts rather than the authors.

As far as the friends/foe thingie ... meh, do we really need to have little mini profile colors to know who our true friends are?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
yeah, we need the "friend" banner back. I don't have many friends, but the ones i do have are provocative. Like S-Dog...he changes his avatar frequently enough that i will end up missing his posts in a thread.

i would like to see the banner back, as well.

S Dog is sneaky, but I will say this. One time during many of his frequent avatar changes he posted a comment in a thread, and I responded to it not knowing at the time he was S Dog.

Upon realizing a few moments later it was S Dog, I came to the realization that had I known it was him, I would have posted an entirely different type of reply.

Being familiar with the poster, their phillisophy, their political bent, their perspectives often adds a lot of context to a post.

It often becomes easier to see where they are going with their words or the real meaning behind them, when you have that familiarity with their personality.

Though much of that is likely a product of our own imaginations.

So it is nice to know who you are responding to in the way of at the very least a familiar avatar.

However S. Dog has a point too, in the avatars taking up too much space and leaving a blank cavernous space in many posts.

This is why I determine always to make long winded posts, that go on and on forever to fill up the entire space, to make a visually pleasing post from an estetic standpoint.

Which of course leads me back to the time when I was a small child.

Rafting down the mighty Mississippi with my friend Huck.

Or was it the Missouri?

Was Huck actually there?

Anyway my dog ran away and it made me quite sad.

I don't want to say it scarred my entire childhood, but it did lead me to going up and down the highways, biways and rivers of this once proud, great and illustrious nation calling out his name!

S. Dog!

S. Dog!

S. Dog!

Where are you? Come back S. Dog!

Please!

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Someone made the emperor some new clothes and so we know he is out there running around in his ATS birthday suit. I think he's trying to start a nudist colony inviting members to join-in on a new Movement of the Undraped for the, to him, baleful ushering-in of ATS.2010, symbolic of shedding the ego into a naked state of being. At least he has enough fur to keep him warm; this place is freezing.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The top button is also broken for me

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Because so many posters here have, in the past, shown me that they are rapidly approaching the point of lunacy, i tend to pay attention to who authors the post.

And because some of you have blown my mind with regular frequency, I don't like missing your insights into topics that interest me.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Explanation: I wished to make an alert about a thread that I felt was breaching T&C's... BUT the alert button brought me to the following addressed webpage ...

"://.abovetopsecret.com/forum/memcenter.php?display=comp&threadid=616366" [OL has edited out the http bit!]

IE said it cannot display the webpage!

Personal Disclosure: Please rectify this extreme problem asap! Thanking you
in advance!

edit on 3-10-2010 by OmegaLogos because: edited wed addy to be fully visible. sigh

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I miss the friends tags too (I don't do foes). What is the point of the friend foe system if we cannot have the little bar uptop to alert us when they are posting?

I change my avvie and background sometimes, and others do too, it is one way I used to keep up with the people whose posts I just do not want miss!

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I just wanted to second this.

All you have to do is add the "www" that is missing for some reason in the URL.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I don't miss the friends/foes thingie. It doesn't matter to me who posts something. I can agree with a foe and disagree with a friend. I can learn from a foe and teach a friend. Anything different is limiting yourself imo.

new topics

top topics

<< 301  302  303    305  306  307 >>

join