It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery 'Boom & Light' Captured On Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Greetings Forumerions,

Another "boom and light" case from Pikesville has authorities stumped!

PIKESVILLE, Md. (WJZ) ―Officers Vickie Warehime and J. Posluszny Jr. have solved a lot of mysteries, but this one is over their heads--literally.

In fact, it may be about 30 to 40 feet in the air.

For months, the Baltimore County Community Outreach officers have been investigating a bizarre phenomenon disturbing neighbors in an area of Pikesville near Beth Tfiloh Community School.

Derek Valcourt reports 911 callers complain about a deafening explosion and a bright flash of light in the middle of night.

The rest of the story . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
That's really interesting. No sign of electrical or gas problems, no weather phenomenon that can immediately account for the booms and light flashes. And not just a one-time occurrence. I'd be curious to know how far away the camera is from the image shown and if they can determine from the video where the origin of the flash and boom are. Really interesting thread Frank.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
some comments from users were talking about "boomers" or balloons filled with acetone and helium or something with an M-80 attached.

While I do not dispute that theory I would be suprised that no balloons have been seen taking off and no one is taking credit for it.

And what is the reason for such a hoax?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Inter-demensional portal.

Sounds like the terminator has been visiting the area.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Police say they will release more information about the case Tuesday afternoon.
Source

This is strange and interesting. The video is intense, looks like heat lightning but that doesn't account for the boom. I hope they release more info this afternoon.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Mornin' Jeepgal,

Originally posted by JeepGal
That's really interesting. No sign of electrical or gas problems, no weather phenomenon that can immediately account for the booms and light flashes. And not just a one-time occurrence. I'd be curious to know how far away the camera is from the image shown and if they can determine from the video where the origin of the flash and boom are. Really interesting thread Frank.

This one's definitely a "head-scratcher!" It would be interesting to find out if there are any similar reports of a historic nature from that area. . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Baltimore Co. Light & Boom Mystery Solved

Reporting
Derek Valcourt
PIKESVILLE, Md. (WJZ) ― Police have made an arrest in a Baltimore County mystery. Eyewitness News first brought you the exclusive investigation of a mystery bang and flash in Pikesville. Now, police say they have arrested a neighbor for the disturbance.

Derek Valcourt reports police were able to use footage from a surveillance video camera and determine that the light was coming from a window in a condo complex.

Police went to the complex, talked to neighbors and arrested a man.

Police say he is scheduled for a bail hearing Tuesday afternoon. More information about his arrest will be released then.

(Source from wjz.com)

Mystery solved, gentlemen?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

I've marked on a map where the article says the events took place. It's near a large area (by suburban standards) of open land that appears to be some kind of horse farm. There is also a country club nearby. So, if someone wanted to conceal a launch site for balloons nearby, they could.

Any Baltimoreans who want to do a real investigation on this board should get up there and stake it out.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
A google search on "unexplained boom" netted the following results:

SignonSanDiego.com

TheIndyChannel

Paranormal Phenomenon

Seems that this phenomenon isn't limited to Baltimore. However, all the accounts seemed to have in common the fact that the source for the booms is currently unknown. Strange.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Brad.T

The article says a man was arrested and will be arraigned but not what he was charged with, nor what the source of the boom and flash is? I hate it when follow-up articles don't relay all the details.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Brad.T

OK, so they made an arrest, but what was actually causing the flash? Its amazing that something from inside a condo unit could actually light up an entire section of a neighborhood.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Maybe im missing something here but I cant find how / what he was doing to cause the flash and the bang. Hope its not just me.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Mornin' Brad,

Originally posted by Brad.T

Baltimore Co. Light & Boom Mystery Solved

Reporting
Derek Valcourt
PIKESVILLE, Md. (WJZ) ― Police have made an arrest in a Baltimore County mystery. Eyewitness News first brought you the exclusive investigation of a mystery bang and flash in Pikesville. Now, police say they have arrested a neighbor for the disturbance.

Derek Valcourt reports police were able to use footage from a surveillance video camera and determine that the light was coming from a window in a condo complex.

Police went to the complex, talked to neighbors and arrested a man.

Police say he is scheduled for a bail hearing Tuesday afternoon. More information about his arrest will be released then.

(Source from wjz.com)

Mystery solved, gentlemen?

Good find! The plot thickens . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I remember back in the stone ages when I went to college. When in journalism classes you were actually taught to get the who, what, where, when and how of the story.

Interesting thread, starred and flagged so I can see if they will EVER report what they arrested this person for and what they saw on tape that lead them to him, and how he created the flash and loud boom.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
You know, after watching the video again, it could have been a shotgun blast with a muzzle flash. But one would think that such a thing would leave evidence. I wonder if that is what the "man" was arrested for? I sure hope any follow-up articles have more details regarding the arrest and what the sourse of the boom and flash were.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Although I've never seen or heard it, I literally work down the street. I'd like to know how this kind of thing goes on for "years", and no one in a condo knows what is going on. Little ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Interesting article, Frank. Star and flag as well to keep up with the progress of the arrest. My first impression, by the sound, was a shotgun. Maybe a mad tenant? If it was any type of sonic boom, the whole area would have shook.

Rush

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Reminds me of something I used to do as a kid.

We would take a glass soda bottle, add about a half inch of powdered lye to the bottom, add a couple inches of water, and then drop tin foil balls into the mixture. The lye caused a reaction with the tin foil and the resulting gas (hydrogen??? not sure) had enough pressure to fill up a rather large ballon. These ballons would float just like a helium balloon. We would then take a string which had been soaked in lighter fluid (and subsequently dried out) to the ballon, light the string and let it go into the night.

These ballons would rise hundreds of feet into the air before the flame reached the balloon and BOOM (not super loud, but with an accompanying bright flash). Anyhow that is wat this story reminded me of. I do not suggest you try this in this day and age, it would most likely land you in jail.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

I have to agree with you... speacially the nearest neighbors would have called the police one would think. I would also like to add the opinion that this man could have done a 'recreation' to gain fame??? Still interesting to say the least... will have to see what the hearing says.. how many times he gets charged lol!

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

Sounds like "flash bangs", not the military grenade type, but a homemade one. Pyrotechnics can be fun, but this guy used it in a mean way.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join