It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Ambassador to U.S. Says CIA Fabricated Photo Evidence of Nuclear Reactor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Syrian Ambassador to U.S. Says CIA Fabricated Photo Evidence of Nuclear Reactor

www.foxnews.com

WASHINGTON — Syria's ambassador to the United States said Friday that the CIA fabricated pictures allegedly taken inside a secret Syrian nuclear reactor and predicted that in the coming weeks the U.S. story about the site would "implode from within."

"The photos presented to me yesterday were ludicrous, laughable," Ambassador Imad Moustapha told reporters at his Washington residence.

Syria bulldozed the building's ruins a month after it was bombed and constructed a new, larger building in its place, leaving little or no evidence of what had been on the site.

Moustapha would not explain the purpose of the new building. But he said the lack of military checkpoints, air defenses or barbed wire fences around either building should show that it was not a sensitive facility.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Of course the Syrians would deny the claims it was building a reactor, but I have to wonder about the evidence that's been presented so far. There's really no way to know if the photo's of the reactor being constructed were taken in Syria, North Korea or even Israel...

If the US got caught using fabricated evidence (again), it could get very messy.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
It must be the new status quo..

if you ever want to get out of an accusation just use the 'justified' ol line,

'' its Iraq-WMDS' all over again ''

how sad, the US created an excuse for all the rogue nations.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
SO what if it is true? I used to believe America first, until I started to notice, at a very young age, that we are responsible for more aggression and untold misery in the world. Well I'm saying it now, we are making the world a miserable place. Dick Cheney may be listening right now and I don't care.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Yes but that's what happens when you make history's most monumental screw-up and invade a country for 'weapons of mass destruction' that turn out to be a freezer truck and four rusty grenades.

It's going to take a crapload of evidence to convince me of anything now, especially where Bash's axis of evil is concerned.

I want to see video of Bashar Assad in leather hip boots and nipple tassels, pole dancing with a nuclear missile while Kim Jong Il sings a bad karaoke version of 'Love me Tender'. Then I'll believe it.

new topics

top topics

join