It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joint Chiefs Chairman Says U.S. Preparing Military Options Against Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Joint Chiefs Chairman Says U.S. Preparing Military Options Against Iran

www.washingtonpost.com

The nation's top military officer said today that the Pentagon is planning for "potential military courses of action" against Iran, criticizing what he called the Tehran government's "increasingly lethal and malign influence" in Iraq.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well... It looks like the US wants to scare Iran. Becasue we all know they have been planning for this for many many years.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Thanks to the alternative media and more recently the MSM, I've been expecting a sudden attack on Iran for about a year and a half now. Honestly, I don't know how many more stories like this I can take. Talk about crying wolf (military brass and media, not the OP).

I'm starting to think that the US knows it cannot handle a third conflict at once and is resorting to threats and scare tactics as it's next best option. It's getting to the point of me laughing out loud every time I hear one of these stories. I do worry though, it would be a foolish move, but dont you think that if they were so dead set on an attack they would have created a pretense for war and acted upon it by now?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The Pentagon is also developing plans to strike targets in China. And Russia. And Syria. And North Korea. How do I know this? Because it's their job. It's their job to plan for any conceivable scenario where military force might be brought to bear. I would be confident to say we have a CONPLAN that relates to almost every nation on earth. That way when the unexpected happens and the US wants to use military force they don't have to wait for a week for the planning and research to be done on what options are viable for what targets and what time frames, etc, et al. If the CinC asks, "what options do we have," it is nice to have something other than "Let me talk to the guys and see what we come up with. I'll get back to you tomorrow." It's their job to develop a contingency plan for these circumstances ahead of time, and they get updated regularly. I'm sure they have multiple CONPLANs for Iran involving everything from limited pinprick airstrikes to a large scale invasion. This same "news story" would make headlines atleast once a year about the Soviet Union, but I'm sure most posters aren't old enough to remember that.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Wow. This is ridiculous. If we expand this war to Iran we will be in the middle of WW3. We cannot allow this action by any means.

JbT

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

So true Dell.

Its their job to do this, esspecially when your the largest/most capable military power on earth. You dont just build up all the force and not have plans on the table.

They even have a plan for the off chance that Canada would declair war...... I can imagine..... "Ok, Canada wants war.... Send in the Coast Gaurd, that should do it."

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
i like the part where it says the us is upset by "tehrans increasingly lethal and malign influence"

what about the us's influence and speaking of lethal----over a million dead iraqi's.

we act as if we're saints and we haven't killed a soul geez

granted iran has bad intentions,, yet i bet many iraq's see us in this same light,,,,,and besides how often have we supplied weapons to "bad" factions for our political interests,

iran is using a play from our playbook,,,, andf yet we are so upset.

i'm so sick of the us being a war monger,,,, it seems we could care less abouit peace or tons of innocent people being killed

it cracks me up,,,,apparently al-quaida wasn't even in iraq,,,,and really how big are these litttle terrorist groups????and yet a million people have died in iraq---that's one helluva big teeror group,,, isn't it????

i guess i'm now a terrorist,,, because i badmouth my country and disagree with killing and war,,, for believing in peace not death

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This will never be allowed to happen anyway. The PTB know that if they get us into another false war that the streets of DC will be alive with protesters and rioters, me included. There is no way they could prosecute another war with our existing military anyway unless they just plan to launch some air sorties and leave it at that.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Escrotumus

That is the point to end-times. Total outrage, high-tech weapons splitting your eardrums or cooking your brains. Tis all planned. No worries.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
You're right. But they are beating the drum for an unwanted war. And chances are they will do it again in contravention of the Constitution by not adhering to the UN Charter. That by law any treaty we sign becomes part of the Supreme Law of the Land. We are Constitutionally bound by the UN Charter. The Iraq War by definition is illegal.

www.thefourreasons.org...

Under these condition the United States invading Iran would also be illegal.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Havent you ever heard of a false flag attack?
The U.S has ways of getting around the pesky, obsolete UN.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ppskylight
Havent you ever heard of a false flag attack?
The U.S has ways of getting around the pesky, obsolete UN.

Agree, and with a lot of our boats near Iran, any one of the daily incidents could set off war with Iran.

top topics

join