It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's end the yellow journalism posts right now

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
So, as soon as Hillary quits trying to ruin the democrats chances of taking the White house, it looks like it's going to be Obama v McCain. I've seen no real McCain hating threads - and to be honest, I don't want to - but I've seen tons of "OMG Obama this and that" threads. So I'm going to go ahead and just balance the scales.

I went to a certain member of this board's profile to get all of the relevant mudslinging - yes, all of it.

OMGZ OBAMAS PASTOR HATES AMERICA

Yes, we all know. Obama's pastor blamed the country for 9/11, among other things he said that infuriated rich white people. While the things he said were biased... at least they weren't crazy:

OMGZ McCAINS PASTOR IS CRAZY AND McCAIN STILL SUPPORTS HIM

While news media have focused on Barack Obama's pastor Jeremiah Wright, little attention has been paid to the endorsement of Republican presidential candidate John McCain by controversial Texas televangelist John Hagee. Hagee has voiced extreme anti-Catholic, anti-Jewish and anti-homosexual views. In a September 2006 interview on National Public Radio, Hagee reaffirmed his view that Hurricane Katrina was God's punishment against New Orleans for hosting a homosexual parade. Hagee has also said that the Jews brought the Holocaust upon themselves by "turning away from the true God." He referred to Catholicism as a "false cult," and said the religion contributed to Hitler's anti-semitic views. When Hagee endorsed him, McCain said he was "proud" to have the pastor's support. More recently, McCain has been working to distance himself from Hagee's inflammatory comments.[2]

Yes, let me sum up McCain's pastor real quick:

• Hurricane Katrina was a punishment to the people of New Orleans for homosexuality

• Jews deserved the holocaust

• Catholics are part of a cult

But sub1ime, this story just came out. How could the people of this board, who have been smearing Obama for months possibly have known?

This article was published on March 20th.

"All hurricanes are acts of God because God controls the heavens. I believe that New Orleans had a level of sin that was offensive to God and they were recipients of the judgment of God for that."[1]

x"If you live your life and don't confess your sins to God Almighty through the authority of Christ and His blood, I'm going to say this very plainly, you're going straight to hell with a nonstop ticket."[1]

"It is a war of light vs. darkness, of Christ vs. antichrist, the Word of God vs. secular humanism. There will be a winner and a loser!.. There is no compromise with the enemy. There is no neutrality in this war!"[1]

"The most important thing to the Christian community is not the environment but evangelism."[1]

"All over the earth, homes of believers will have the supper dishes on the table, the food will be on the stove, but the occupants are mysteriously and suddenly gone. The headlines will be screaming, "Millions are missing. The church has been Raptured."[1]

"In the Bible, pestilence is a disease that cannot be cured. For our generation, that's AIDS. Daniel said in chapter 12, in the end of time, there would be a knowledge explosion. We are the generation that has the information highway."[1]

"It was the disobedience and rebellion of the Jews, God's chosen people, to their covenantal responsibility to serve only the one true God, Jehovah, that gave rise to the opposition and persecution that they experienced beginning in Canaan and continuing to this very day... How utterly repulsive, insulting, and heartbreaking to God for His chosen people to credit idols with bringing blessings He had showered upon the chosen people. Their own rebellion had birthed the seed of anti-Semitism that would arise and bring destruction to them for centuries to come... it rises from the judgment of God upon his rebellious chosen people."[1]

The difference between me and others on the board?!?! Though I should be screaming, "I GUESS YOU CAN'T VOTE FOR McCAIN NOW, EH?", I'm not.

I don't care. It's not McCain, it's his pastor.

Hamas endorses Obama

I don't need to write too much other than this sarcastic response:

Yeah, that's all we need, a leader who other countries support and may be willing to share diplomacy with (instead of bombs). What's this world coming to?

OMG OBAMA WONT RELEASE HIS TAX RECORDS

Huh, terrible. McCain did, why can't Obama. Oh wait... that's because McCain must have hidden the money in his wife's taxes:

Republican presidential candidate John McCain released his two most recent tax returns Friday, but they don't provide a full picture of his wealth because they don't include his wife's income.

So McCain released his past two tax returns (one less than Obama) and refused to release his wife's.

Obamas supporters send death threats to guy who first wrote about his comments on small town America

Obama is not his supporters. He doesn't have psychic abilities to control what idiots do.

Do I really need to go into this further?

OMG Obama Makes Money off of Oil

McCain Filling Up With Gas Money

An examination of campaign contributions by individuals from the oil and gas industry by the Center for Responsive Politics reveals that of the current candidates, McCain has been the largest recipient of their largesse. So far, they have given him more than $404,000 for his presidential campaign. This figure is significantly higher than their contributions to Clinton ($309,363) and Obama ($222,309). In fact, nearly 70 percent of the industry’s donations in the 2008 White House race have gone to McCain and other Republicans.

Wonder who OPEC wants in office?

Michelle Obama Coordinator Says Get Me More White People

First, let me say, it was her coordinator. Not her. Second:

On his campaign bus recently, Sen. John McCain told reporters, "I hated the gooks. I will hate them as long as I live." Although McCain said he was referring only to his prison guards, there are many reasons why his use of the word "gook" is offensive and alarming.

Enough said. Can anyone say, "Bad relations with China"?

Is that enough or should I keep going?

Let's just end this now, okay? Quit saying Obama is getting a free ride. Quit talking about stuff that has NOTHING to do with politics.

All of this that I just posted is meaningless, but it all directly relates to posts people make on this board about Obama. I don't care about any of the stuff I just posted about John McCain, and neither should you. It's all speculation, libel, and hearsay. It has nothing to do with neither Obama nor McCain's ability to run this country.

Enough is enough.

[edit on 24-4-2008 by Sublime620]

[edit on 24-4-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Thanks for the great summary. The attack threads are kind of the same no matter what board you go to. Too bad McCain doesn't rhyme with another one of the criminals on our Wanted: dead or alive list.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Well, here are some things his name does rhyme with:

Rhyme Zone

syllable:
aine, ayn, bain, baine, bane, bayne, blain, blaine, blane, blayne, brain, cain, caine, cane, cayne, chain, cheyne, crain, craine, crane, crayne, dain, dane, dayne, drain, draine, drane, duan, duane, dwayne, fain, fane, fayne, feign, fein, frain, fraine, frane, frayn, frayne, frein, freyne, gain, grain, grein, hahne, hain, hane, hayn, hayne, heyn, heyne, jain, jane, jayne, kain, kaine, kane, kayne, krain, krane, krein, lain, laine, lane, layne, ln, main, maine, mane, mayne, meyn, paign, pain, paine, pane, payne, plain, plane, quain, rain, raine, rayne, reign, rein, reine, sain, saine, sane, shain, shaine, shane, shayne, slain, slaine, slane, spain, splain, splaine, sprain, stain, strain, swain, swaine, swayne, thain, thaine, thane, thayne, train, trane, twain, vain, vane, vein, veyne, vrain, wain, wane, wayne, zane

2 syllables:
abstain, again, ahlen, air lane, alain, alaine, alane, alayne, allain, arcane, arraign, attain, bahrain, beauchaine, biscayne, block plane, boat train, brain drain, branched chain, brattain, buntain, butane, calf's brain, campaign, car train, catain, champagne, champaign, champlain, charlayne, charmain, charmaine, chastain, chest pain, chow mein, closed chain, coc aine, complain, constrain, contain, costain, courchaine, dahrain, decrane, defrain, delaine, demain, deschaine, despain, detain, devane, dewayne, disdain, domain, domaine, draw rein, duchaine, dufrane, dumaine, dumb cane, duquesne, dushane, duwayne, elaine, elane, elayne, explain, fast lane, feed grain, fontaine, food chain, food grain, fore plane, fort wayne, fountaine, free rein, freight train, galane, gas main, germain, germaine, germane, great dane, helane, horse grain, hossain, humane, hussain, hussein, iain, inane, insane, in vain, jack plane, jermaine, jet plane, jyishane, laraine, left brain, lehane, lennane, long plane, lorain, loraine, lorraine, maclaine, maclean, mail train, maintain, match plane, mcbain, mcbane, mccane, mcclain, mcclaine, mcclane, mcgrain, mcgrane, mcguane, mckain, mckane, mclain, mclane, mclean, mcquain, mcshane, mcswain, mcwain, morain, moraine, mud stain, mundane, mustain, obtain, oil stain, ordain, partain, pertain, profane, pull chain, refrain, regain, remain, restrain, retain, retrain, right brain, rogaine, romain, romaine, ruane, sartain, scrub plane, sea lane, seed grain, serbaine, slow lane, small cane, smooth plane, spokane, straight chain, sustain, switch cane, sword cane, sylvain, terrain, tirane, torain, tremaine, tulane, ukraine, uptain, urbain, urbane, watch chain, wave train, wind vane, wolf's bane, yeargain

I personally like:

John "The Gravy Train" McCain

and

John "The Dirt Stain" McCain

What do you think?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

"And in this corner... at 5'7"... weighing in at 220 pounds and wearing the pinko trunks... John McCain! THE HUSSEIN HURRICANE!!"

John McCain's top ten temper explosions

1) Defending His Amnesty Bill, Sen. McCain Lost His Temper And “Screamed, ‘F*ck You!’ At Texas Sen. John Cornyn” (R-TX).

2) In 2000, Sen. McCain Ran An Attack Ad Comparing Then-Gov. George W. Bush To Bill Clinton.

3) Sen. McCain Repeatedly Called Sen. Pete Domenici (R-NM) An “A**hole”, Causing A Fellow GOP Senator To Say, “I Didn’t Want This Guy Anywhere Near A Trigger.”

4) Sen. McCain Had A Heated Exchange With Sen. Charles Grassley (R-IA) And Called Him A “F*cking Jerk.”

5) In 1995, Sen. McCain Had A “Scuffle” With 92-Year-Old Sen. Strom Thurmond (R-SC

6) Sen. McCain Accused Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) Of The “Most Egregious Incident” Of Corruption He Had Seen In The Senate.

7) Sen. McCain Attacked Christian Leaders And Republicans

8) Sen. McCain Attacked Vice President Cheney

9) Celebrating His First Senate Election In 1986, Sen. McCain Screamed At And Harassed A Young Republican Volunteer.

10) Sen. McCain “Publicly Abused” Senator Richard Shelby (R-AL).

These lists are a dime a dozen for all these idiots, I'm sure.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
I went to a certain member of this board's profile to get all of the relevant mudslinging - yes, all of it.

That's stalking. OH .. and what I posted was FACTS.

Hey Sublime .. why didn't you just title the thread - my rant against all the FlyersFan Obama threads?
Very transparant buddy ...

Yes, let me sum up McCain's pastor real quick

Hagee is NOT McCain's pastor. He's a just a whackadoo preacher that endorsed McCain. McCain did NOT ask for the endorsement and when he got it McCain said that Hagee's statements were all NONSENSE NONSENSE NONSENSE. McCain said it over and over.

Sorry to burst your bubble Sublime (well .. I'm not really sorry
)

There is a big difference between Obama's pastor and mentor of 23 years, UNCLE Wright (yes, he calls him an uncle) and Hagee who is just someone else's pastor who has nothing to do with McCain other than endorsing the guy.

UNCLE Wright is a piece of crap. Hagee is also garbage. But Hagee has no relationship to McCain whereas UNCLE Wright is long time spiritual director to Obama and Obama refused to disown him.

... among other things he said that infuriated rich white people. While the things he said were biased... at least they weren't crazy

Infuriated rich white people?
No .. he infuriated just about EVERYONE. Poor, middle class, rich, white, non-white. It infurated people because he spewed ignorance.

And yes .. what he said was crazy AND it is important because it goes straight to the heart of who Obama is. This is the guy he PICKED to be his mentor and advisor for 23 years.

Enough is enough.

I agree. You really ought to stop obsessing about me and what I post.
You should be embarrassed. :shk:

[edit on 4/25/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RabbitChaser
8) Sen. McCain Attacked Vice President Cheney

What's wrong with that?

The guy has a temper. We all know it. He uses the F-bomb.
So did Kerry. I don't like it. But there it is.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
That's stalking.

Come on FF. Lets be serious here.

Assuming it is "your threads" he's referring to, you posted them on a publically viewable forum. It's not like he's peeking in your bedroom windows at night; so such dramatics are uncalled for.

I've gotta say I'm a bit confused.

The title of the thread is "Let's end the yellow journalism posts right now", yet all I see is more "yellow journalism"; however, this time it's directed towards McCain. Are you really calling for an "end", or would you just like to see what you view as more "equal opportunity" yellow journalism?

[edit on 4/25/08 by redmage]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
so such dramatics are uncalled for.

Nope .. not dramatics ... According to T&C what sublime is doing IS STALKING on the board. That's what it's called in chat forums.

And he even admits it's one person -

And yes it was my posts.
Sublime has a HISTORY of this with me.

yet all I see is more "yellow journalism";

EXCELLENT point redmage. Sublime is just upset that there is more fodder being provided by Obama then has been (so far) provided by McCain.

Sublime, if you want equal opportunity 'exposing of the candidates', then you best go talk to Obama and tell him to stop screwing up so much. It's not our fault that he has provided us with mountains and mountains of things to talk about

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

That is stalking, pure and simple. What is your problem?

I'm not even going to address the rest of your post, since it is all based upon a flagrant violation of the T&C of ATS.

This thread belongs in the Trash Bin.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

How is that stalking again?

All I wanted to do was show how easy it is to defame someone. I didn't mention your name, because I was trying NOT to single you out to everyone.

Guess ya did that for me.

Originally posted by Flyers Fan
Hagee is NOT McCain's pastor. He's a just a whackadoo preacher that endorsed McCain.

McCain said he was glad to have his endorsement. Thought you were all down with the spin zone.

Originally posted by Flyers Fan
I agree. You really ought to stop obsessing about me and what I post.
You should be embarrassed.

If I'm stalking you, I'd hate to see what the definition of what you do to Obama is.

Quit your whining, I'm simply trying to make this board a little more balanced, and you're having a hissy fit. Grow up.

I like how you only responded to about one thing, especially the taxes. [B]And you were so outraged too about Obama's taxes!

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Nope .. not dramatics ... According to T&C what sublime is doing IS STALKING on the board.

Yes, dramatics.

According to the T&C the phrase "stalking" doesn't appear at all; however, "stalking" is a serious crime in the U.S., and you've just openly accused another member of committing said crime. Such a libelous hyperbole certainly qualifies as unnecessary dramatics.

And he even admits it's one person

True, but he doesn't say who, nor does he provide any "personal information" about the member.

As noted in my previous post; I do believe that the premise of this thread is flawed; however, throwing additional dramatics on the fire doesn't help matters.

[edit on 4/25/08 by redmage]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by redmage

I understand, and you're right. That's why I said at the bottom that it's all garbage. Anyone can dig up dirt and say, "see don't vote for him". But I didn't dig that up to say that, only to counter what some Obama spammers have been saying.

I do have other threads, at least 2 of them based entirely off of politics. However, not one person on this thread showed up to talk there. They don't like politics, they don't understand politics, they just like the dirt.

And ATS allows it. So sad.

Embrace ignorance, maybe?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I was trying NOT to single you out to everyone.

BS Alert! YOU said that you were. YOU said it.

McCain said he was glad to have his endorsement.

Sure. But he is NOT McCain's pastor. You said he was. That was wrong.
AND ... McCain has said that Hagee's comments were all NONSENSE.

Big difference between some guy giving an edorsement to McCain and Obama's 'uncle' mentor and advisor of 23 years.

I'd hate to see what the definition of what you do to Obama is.

Vetting and exposing a POTUS candidate.

Quit your whining, .... Grow up.

YOU quit YOUR whining and YOU grow up. Your claim of trying to balance the board is pathetic.

A balanced board thread would have been 'the problem with yellow journalism' ... but instead you SPECIFICALLY stated that you were blathering about one ATS poster. That isn't balance. That's YOU whining and creating a thread about a fellow ATS poster.

I like how you only responded to about one thing,

I didn't bother with the rest because your whole premise here is crap.

Such a libelous hyperbole certainly qualifies as unnecessary dramatics.

Nice sound byte but .... Nope. What I said is a FACT. Sublime created this entire thread based upon ONE ATSer - me. He even admits he went to my profile and dug around to create this thread. That's the internet chat forum version of STALKING.

he doesn't say who, nor does he provide any "personal information" about the member.

Sublime has a HISTORY with me. He does this all the time. He whines about how I post. He whines about my topics. He whines about what I say. It's me.

I do believe that the premise of this thread is flawed;

Actually, if Sublime wanted to have a discussion about so-called 'yellow journalism' that would be just fine. The problem is that he admits that his thread is all about me and my posts. Discussion on so-called 'yellow journalism' vs vetting a POTUS candidate or discussing what's in the news is fine. But threads about ATS members is NOT fine - and that is what this is. His attempt to hide this with a thinly veiled title is bunk.

And ATS allows it. So sad. Embrace ignorance, maybe?

So you want ATS to only allow free speech when it suits your agenda?
Embrace ignorance is right.

[edit on 4/25/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I think FF is within her rights to post whatever she wants.

Now that the case has been solved,
, allow me to point out that i have partaken in FF's threads on her side.

There isnt one candidate worth their salt out there. We ARE screwed.

Nothing, short of an invasion, is going to stop this train wreck.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Quit your whining, .... Grow up.

YOU quit YOUR whining and YOU grow up. Your claim of trying to balance the board is pathetic.

WOW. You going to start calling each other "cocka poopoo heads?"

Maybe argue about who has more GI Joes? Give it a rest...

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I never once said your name. In fact, I just said I used your profile to get all the information, however, I did also talk in plurals. I said:

So, as soon as Hillary quits trying to ruin the democrats chances of taking the White house, it looks like it's going to be Obama v McCain. I've seen no real McCain hating threads - and to be honest, I don't want to - but I've seen tons of "OMG Obama this and that" threads. So I'm going to go ahead and just balance the scales.

And then I stated that I went to one member's threads to get all of the relevant data. Is it not fair that I could do that?

Do your threads not represent all of the mudslinging on Obama? Have you not posted every meaningless piece of garbage that the media has thrown at Obama? I knew that from previous arguments with you, so I knew I could get the info there.

reply to post by dgtempe

She does have the right to post, I agree. I just thought this board's slogan was "deny ignorance". I don't see how adhering to yellow journalism and mudslinging is denying ignorance.

And though she has singled herself out, I'm not strictly refering to her. Anyone can browse through the politics section and see many others who post the same meaningless drabble.

I simply wanted to point out that everyone has these pseudo-skeletons in their closet. Most of these "Omg check this out" threads are easily dismissed.

Obama says people are bitter, McCain says they have psychological issues. Obama needs more whites for his photos, McCain "hates gooks".

Whatever. Who cares? Where's the politics! That's all I've asked since I've participated in this board.

Everyone who comes to AbovePolitics and posts about how much they love this candidate, or how much they hate this other guy; yet none of them show up on posts about real politics and policies.

I want to make it clear that this was not meant to be an attack thread. I simply used her profile because it made it easy, she had everything I needed in it. In fact, I couldn't even use all of the stuff she had because there was simply too much of it.

This is my second thread asking for people to quit participating in yellow journalism, and start to participate in discussing real politics. Yellow journalism is politics for fools.

So let's do what we're all supposed to do and "deny ignorance".

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by redmage

Nope .. not dramatics ... According to T&C what sublime is doing IS STALKING on the board.

Yes, dramatics.

According to the T&C the phrase "stalking" doesn't appear at all; however, "stalking" is a serious crime in the U.S., and you've just openly accused another member of committing said crime. Such a libelous hyperbole certainly qualifies as unnecessary dramatics.

Stalking. Trolling. Baiting. All the same, imo. Tactics used to attack another person under the guise of debate. Distasteful behavior, imo. It serves no beneficial purpose to commit, nor it it productive to defend.

The posts function just recently came back into operation. This thread abused that function. If the posts function is ever permanently removed, it will be because of abuse of it.

So instead of playing grammar police on the victim, we should be denouncing this thread.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

I don't have anymore GI Joes.
My mom made me give them away a long time ago.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

You just have a previous axe to grind with me. That's fine.

Reread my first post. I never said I was talking specifically to one person; in fact, it was clearly geared at the board. I just admitted that I took all of the data off one person. Why is that not allowed?

Can we get off of this topic, and get back to the yellow journalism topic?

The point of the thread is NOT FlyersFan, never has been, and don't want it to be. It's about yellow journalism, and lack of real discussion of politics.

[edit on 25-4-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Make you wonder what Hearst was thinking doesn't it? Why does yellow journalism sell so well? Perhaps he was upset with the mafia politics, I know I sure am.

The psychology of gossip is used in covert circles for discrediting ... that's not news ... that was published as a procedure by the CIA back in 1948

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join