It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent trip to Area 51- Guards cross the line

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Main problem I have whenever I see one of these threads about the guards at Area 51, is that we generally have two types, the peole who go in, are treated politely, but their videos and picss are taken ( despite them mainly only getting close up pics of pictures people see and film regularly anyway.
Then you have people who claim they were attacked, antagonized, or the guards snuck up and stole their stuff. I smells a fish.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple

Hi bknapple.

I for one just want to say thanks for your post! Even if others don't have the good manners to do so.

I believe your story simply because of your knowledge of the area, your links to dreamlandresort and the total lack of motivation to post a false story of this nature.
Thank you for your warnings and unlucky about the camera, lesson learnt I suppose. That would have been awesome footage, see if you can encourage them to do the same again!

Guys, don't be so quick to cry 'troll', I've seen far more ludicrous stories get far less criticism on here. Deny Ignorance!

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple
we come back to see our air mattress popped open, our camp wood thrown all around in a 200 foot radius and our fire pit thrown away like it never existed.

200 ft. radius? Did you mean diameter possibly? Regardless of the geometry, it's odd they would bother scattering firewood...all you have to do is re-gather it. I can't imagine any professional security team wasting their time scattering firewood. That's nonsensical.

I had a very small camera in the tent I always leave on. 24 previous times, no one has ever touched our stuff. Im surprised,actually, that they didn't find the camera and just take it. But it caught them on tape going through all our stuff.

Congrats.....you have one of the rare cameras with that very special "long-life" battery. I'll assume the camera caught them tossing the contents of your tent.....'cause I can't picture any camper worth his salt leaving the tent flaps open, with a camera pointed out the opening. So, they rummaged around in your stuff.....and, again a professional security team, did not notice a camera pointed at them?

I took the camera and threw it in the car that night as we went to bed on the popped mattress,

'Scuse me? Someone's been rooting around in your stuff....vandalizing your belongings....and you stayed? Yowza.....you're a victim waiting to happen. You slept on a deflated air mattress with relatively comfy car seats right there?

somehow pop our lock open

They took the time to slim-jim your locks? Armed, professional security team, in the dark......huh, didn't think to simply smash a window. Weird.

I hear the sound of a very large gun being made ready to fire,

Would that be the *click* of the safety? Which sounds pretty much identical regardless of the size of the handgun or long gun. Maybe it was the bolt on an assault rifle? I think the reader may get the point here.....what made it a "very large gun"?

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by stratsys-sws
see if you can encourage them to do the same again!

You're suggesting he try to get some more of his stuff destroyed and stolen? Allegedly?

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

The fact that they threw all the firewood around seems nonsensical unless you realize that by the time we got back it was starting to get dark. When we first got back, the firepit was basically gone and the firewood seemingly disappeared. It was only until I had to go drain the lizard, when I saw the firewood with the help of my flashlight. So it was very hard and annoying in the cold to gather and find it all.

Why would we sleep in the car? We had a Chrysler sebring convertable. Hardly much room in that thing with the top down. Plus we came to camp, we had the popped mattress and two sleeping bags to lay down, not to mention our three blankets to use for staying nice and warm. Thats what we came for.

We didn't leave, because we know who did it. We know they weren't going to do anything to us besides make up some phony story to Lincoln County Sheriff and get us ticketed/arrested.

That sound could be the safety. You may be right. I am no gun expert. I know, however, that they were in fact very big guns, because anyone with any clue about these guys knows what kinda of guns they have when they leave their truck. I suggest looking it up before you question me.

Sorry if that comes across a little condescending, but you question my story with no background of what you are saying. Did you even read about how other members of the Rachel community can verify who i am, and how one even knows of the story the next morning? Go cry hoax to someone else story that has absolutely no way of being proven, and leave mine to discussion rather than accusation.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by stratsys-sws
reply to post by bknapple

Hi bknapple.

I for one just want to say thanks for your post! Even if others don't have the good manners to do so.

I believe your story simply because of your knowledge of the area, your links to dreamlandresort and the total lack of motivation to post a false story of this nature.
Thank you for your warnings and unlucky about the camera, lesson learnt I suppose. That would have been awesome footage, see if you can encourage them to do the same again!

Guys, don't be so quick to cry 'troll', I've seen far more ludicrous stories get far less criticism on here. Deny Ignorance!

Cheers

Robbie

Thanks very much! Yea, lesson learnt. But no biggie. Just seems odd they did all that. The cammo dudes are notorious for staying a safe distance away from campers and tourists. Again, I think it was a mixture of people crossing the line/ us talking to them/ the guards being pissed off

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Main problem I have whenever I see one of these threads about the guards at Area 51, is that we generally have two types, the peole who go in, are treated politely, but their videos and picss are taken ( despite them mainly only getting close up pics of pictures people see and film regularly anyway.
Then you have people who claim they were attacked, antagonized, or the guards snuck up and stole their stuff. I smells a fish.

Problem here is, I have been there pleeeeeeeenty of times and never complained about these guys. The one time something happens, I am a liar? I guess I just made up all the stuff about my knowledge of the area/ the fact I have pics to prove I am who I am on a completely different and unrelated website/ the locals of Rachel know who i am/ one, and possibly by now, more, know of the story.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Awesome thread

I've always wanted to go camp out by area 51. I'm sure it's a great experience.

I for one believe the OP. Alot of trolls never take the time to come back and answer everyones questions. And the OP did exactly that.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

Thanks! Anyone who loves to talk about Area 51 should def try and make a camping trip out of it. Its very good creepy fun. Its still cold at night. But my gf and I are so desperate to get out of Vegas for a couple nights we went anyways. If you ever go. I suggest MAy and June or Sept/Oct.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

We didn't leave, because we know who did it. We know they weren't going to do anything to us besides make up some phony story to Lincoln County Sheriff and get us ticketed/arrested.

So why the concern about the "very large gun being made ready to fire"? Here you had concrete proof in your hands, in the form of film and images, of these guys allegedly tossing your campsite. You've been a member of ATS for roughly a year and a half......and you just tossed the camera in the car, and went to sleep. And you're wondering why I'm questioning this tale?

they were in fact very big guns, because anyone with any clue about these guys knows what kinda of guns they have when they leave their truck. I suggest looking it up before you question me.

"Very big", like bazookas?

I didn't just fall off the turnip truck. I know what kind of sidearms these types carry. Security teams everywhere have relatively standard SOPs. Ultimately, it makes no difference what kind of guns they have.....in the right hands, pretty much all of 'em are lethal. The right kind of person can do more damage with a Ruger Mark II than most people can with a Colt Guvmint' .45. Dealt with a few of them from time to time.

Did you even read about how other members of the Rachel community can verify who i am,

Big deal....the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles can verify who you are....Who you are has nothing to do with this. The story is what we're discussing, not your cred.

Don't get so defensive.....makes alarms go off in my head....( the bells!!! the bells!!!! ). Just help me understand why parts of this tale make no sense.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I guess I just made up all the stuff about my knowledge of the area/ the fact I have pics to prove I am who I am on a completely different and unrelated website/ the locals of Rachel know who i am/ one, and possibly by now, more, know of the story.

I have bad news for you. None of that lends any credence to this particular story. "You are who you are"....what does that have to do with this story?

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Well the concern is, I heard a very large gun. In the heat of the moment, I wonder what yo uwould do, either way it doesnt mean Im making any of this up.

I don't understand what being a member of ATS has to do with putting my camera locked in my car.... Perhaps it was the fact that this was the first time in about 25 trips up there that this has happened???

It might not make sense but it happened. Not every story has to make sense to be true. I don't get what is so 'out there' for this story to not be true.

My 'cred' does matter. So many fakes and made up stories have no merit behind them. I do. Thats what is important about this. It might not lend credence to you, but others have asked for it as help, and I provided. Seems at this point, all that will convince you is to somehow transport you back in time to Groom Lake Road that night, which wont happen. So Im sorry you dont believe me, but there isnt much more I can say or do. It happened, and theres not much more to it than that.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
What kind of camera did you have that never turns off on its own and has such a long battery life while remaining on? I need one of those!

A camera is left turned on in a tent. People go into tent and throw things around, yet camera remains hidden and untouched. Precious camera used to capture vandalizers is carelessly tossed into a vehicle. And said vandalizers break into your vehicle and steal something that they didn't know was even in there.

And you sit there and let it happen. Then when they leave, you remain in your tent instead of leaving the area?

Any normal person would have high tailed it out of there upon seeing their personal belongings ransacked....then witnessing people break into their vehicle and STEAL things would have certainly caused any normal rational person to leave.

I too am having a very hard time believing this story because it doesn't make sense.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I don't understand what being a member of ATS has to do with putting my camera locked in my car....

Have you not picked up on the culture here? The search for evidence? Corroboration? You claim you held very good evidence in your hand. Didn't remove the tape, disc, memory card....whatever the media....just tossed it all in the car. A member of an extremely popular alternative subject forum, who apparently hasn't got a clue.

What a fairy tale. When you leave, the camera is out, on, and unprotected. After 25 uneventful trips. Now you're back, your camera has amazing images on it, after 25 uneventful trips, and you just toss it in the car.

Okay....whatever. I think you're getting upset 'cause your story is getting shot full of holes.....with very large guns. Heh.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by MrPenny]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
What kind of camera did you have that never turns off on its own and has such a long battery life while remaining on? I need one of those!

A camera is left turned on in a tent. People go into tent and throw things around, yet camera remains hidden and untouched. Precious camera used to capture vandalizers is carelessly tossed into a vehicle. And said vandalizers break into your vehicle and steal something that they didn't know was even in there.

And you sit there and let it happen. Then when they leave, you remain in your tent instead of leaving the area?

Any normal person would have high tailed it out of there upon seeing their personal belongings ransacked....then witnessing people break into their vehicle and STEAL things would have certainly caused any normal rational person to leave.

I too am having a very hard time believing this story because it doesn't make sense.

Couple things. I understand the need to question, but wouldn't it be prudent to think of possible answers? The camera didn't turn off on its own because we were only gone for about 3 hours. Not very long in 2008 for a camera.

The cammo dudes probably were watching us when we got back and saw me put the camera in the car. Again, whats so unbelievable about that.

Sure it was pretty careless of me to put the camera in the car and think it was safe simply locked. But I , at the time, didn't think they would go to the extent of breaking into my car.

Yea we could of high tailed out of there. But we knew who did it. We figured we were safe. And it was getting cold and dark. Our tent is very big and very annoying to take down in the wind and cold with light fading away by the minute.

And ther e was zero chance we were going to leave after knowing they broke into the car because it was about 4 in the morning. Pitch black and about 40 degrees outside, perhaps colder...

Hope that clears it up for you leo

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
bknapple

The problem is there have been many threads started with " you'll never believe what happened to me"....."I can confirm the yada-yada-yada"......" I am a REAL blah-blah-blah, ask me your questions".

All of theses threads started, with the OP's having no credible PROOF. It reminds me of not too far back the "dueling threads" (insert dueling banjo's music) regarding those OP's who claimed to both have worked at Area 51. Yeah, you all remember.

Those threads went on way too long. They seemed to have been created to only incite negative feedback, and waste alot of time.

I for one cannot, and will not discredit your story bknapple. I have seen and been through some crazy stuff myself, heck we ALL have. I just hope that your intentions are true. There are though inconsistencies, and things from an investigative standpoint, that just don't add up.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

I don't understand what being a member of ATS has to do with putting my camera locked in my car....

Have you not picked up on the culture here? The search for evidence? Corroboration? You claim you held very good evidence in your hand. Didn't remove the tape, disc, memory card....whatever the media....just tossed it all in the car. A member of an extremely popular alternative subject forum, who apparently hasn't got a clue.

What a fairy tale. When you leave, the camera is out, on, and unprotected. After 25 uneventful trips. Now you're back, your camera has amazing images on it, after 25 uneventful trips, and you just toss it in the car.

Okay....whatever. I think you're getting upset 'cause your story is getting shot full of holes.....with very large guns. Heh.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by MrPenny]

I dont have the same sense of paranoia and conspiracy as some members of this site do. I mainly joined ats for talk about area 51. So yea, I suppose you could call me a little naive or ignorant, but I simply assumed locking something in my car was good enough. Must mean I'm lying.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
see what i think alot of you people dont realize is that it is a dangerous game out there. These guards DO mean business. I definatly believe the OP and his story. Go to dreamlandresort and look him up. Why is it so hard for so many of you to believe he is lying? What do you think these are some guards at the disney land resort hassling a customer? They are trained to be lethal and if something sets them off you dont want to make any sudden movements. What i dont understand is how did they know that they were caught on camera in the first place if it was a hidden camera? And if it was so small how did they even know what you were hiding in the car? I'm not questioning the legitimacy of your story at all, just adding to the paranoia fuel of how involved these camo dudes really are as they monitor/watch/listen to your every move from a distance. I cant stand some of these brave tough guy comments of how you would jumping out of the tent and confronting them.. .unbelievable. This isnt just some tourist attraction near Vegas... its serious business and alot of secrets which demand proction at any cost.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by hiii_98]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Disavoewd, thanks for the reply....

Where are the big inconstancies?

Lets bullet point it. Maybe that will make more sense...

I left campsite around 430 or 5....

Ate at the Inn and stayed for drinks till about 745ish..

Got back to camp at about 815ish with the sun pretty much set to see the camp site had been messed with

Went in my tent to see what happend and see the mattress popped.
~~The popped mattress might have been simply an accident from the simply curious cammo dudes.

In the tent( very big fit for 10) I go to where I put my camera which was hidden under some dirty clothes.
~~I consider it lucky they didn't see the camera then, not extraordinary.

I then locked the camera in my car after viewing it with my gf.
~~Some consider this a sin for an ATS'r. I simply think this is just a case of being naive. I simply figured it was secure in a locked car.

The cammos prob were watching when we got back. And saw me put the camera away
~~There is a trail of huge dust that follows your car driving the 8 miles down the straight dirt road. They know when someone is coming.

After rebuilding our fire pit and using the little wood we found scattered around the site, we went to bed. We knew it was cammos and figured we were fine. Neither one of us wanted to take down a camp site at , now 830 or 845.

I wake up and wake up my gf at about 4am (cell phones might not get reception, but they still give the time) to hear the cammos at my car.
~~ I verify this by looking through a little VERY tiny part where the tarp didnt cover the netting of the tent.

They pop the lock and get in the car and take the camera.
~I wish they would of taken the media instead and left my camera, but I didnt have a choice in the matter. PLus I can always buy a new one.

We decide to stay at the site until morning. At about 8am we get out and quickly pack up and drive back to Rachel for some breakfast.

Please tell me where the inconsistency is besides opinions of how dumb it was to lock the camera in the car.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Appreciate the comment hiii. Ps I saw what trisch wrote to you on the mailbox during my last trip. lol.

Well the way I see it is they must have been watching us when we came back. YOu know how easy it is for someone to see a car coming... You've been there unlike some of these posters. So they were prob curious as to our reaction , most likely hoping we would just take everything down and leave. As my gf was still outside shocked that the firepit was gone, I went in the tent to look at the camera and see if it got anything. Unfortunately, it wasnt positioned to see the air mattress being popped, so I can hopefully assume it was an accident. But it did show me who they were. So I brought it outside to show Tabatha. This is where they must of seen me with the camera and realized they were caught on tape.

They saw that we stayed , so they knew they could come back and retrieve it.

I understand I was naive, but some of these posters are also naive to the lengths these guys will go sometimes. But whatever, everyones a critic and you cant win em all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join