It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent trip to Area 51- Guards cross the line

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I think its fair to say I have camped at Area 51 more times than anyone on this board. I have been there a little over 25 times in the past 3 years. Since I live in Vegas and am only 24, its very easy. But something has gone on the last couple times and it has progressively gotten worse.

Those guards are not taking sht anymore. My girlfriend and I left our campsite to get another fabulous double a le inn burger, and 12 cherea 51's later, we come back to see our air mattress popped open, our camp wood thrown all around in a 200 foot radius and our fire pit thrown away like it never existed.

NEver has that happened. I know it was them because I had a very small camera in the tent I always leave on. 24 previous times, no one has ever touched our stuff. Im surprised,actually, that they didn't find the camera and just take it. But it caught them on tape going through all our stuff. And they weren't laughing around while doing it. I took the camera and threw it in the car that night as we went to bed on the popped mattress, no fun by the way. WE went to sleep only to awake to them rummaging around our campsite at about 4 am. We heard them somehow pop our lock open and then open the car and take our camera. I was about to jump out of the tent ( it had a tarp around it, so you cant see in our out. But as soon as I made a noise to jump out, I hear the sound of a very large gun being made ready to fire, so I just laid back down and waited in fear till they left.

They did, and we waited in the tent until daybreak, and got the hell out of town. This wont stop us from going back to camp. They were obviously very mad at something. Two people had crossed the border that day, and perhaps thats what set them off for the rest of the day, who knows. All I know is that, lately, these guards are getting really close to the line between a private base, and public laws and rights.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Thats crazy! Can you post the video for us to see?
Be careful next time....if there is a next time

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Thats crazy! Can you post the video for us to see?
Be careful next time....if there is a next time

Wish I could. Unfortunately, I didn't foresee the guards popping our lock and taking the camera. So I left the tape in it. We just found it so odd. WE know they record our license plate every time we come. So you'd think they'd know we are just harmless campers. Something set them off. Hence we are gonna go back in a month and see what happens.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
How appropriate!

If i had evidence of those guards messing with my things I would've left and took the camera with me somewhere I could show someone else and perhaps upload it here.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by trilateral
How appropriate!

If i had evidence of those guards messing with my things I would've left and took the camera with me somewhere I could show someone else and perhaps upload it here.

Problem is, the only place close is Rachel, which is about a 30 minute drive. We left Rachel as the inn was closing. Hence, by the time we got back, everyone would be home. If we went the other 30 minutes to Alamo, who would we talk to who would care? We know no one there. The other option was to drive home, which we talked about doing. But thats a 2 hour drive back to Vegas, and we go there to camp and escape the chaos of Vegas. So we chalked it up to an unfortunate thing by stressed guards and decided to stay. We had no way of knowing they'd get into our car.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
So, after they rummaged through your stuff the first time, they somehow forgot to take the camera, but remembered later and came back for it.
You leave the camera on in your tent while your gone, but lock it in your car while your there.

This sounds phony. If it were real, you would leave the camera in the tent with you in case something important happened you needed to record right away.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by josephine

The camera is only used to record something that happens while I am gone. I don't bring it for UFO site seeing. If there are other campers and they come to my site, I will have it recording just in case. Its a very small hard to detect camera. I can see why they missed it. Its not like they saw it and left it behind. They simply just didn't see it. They obviously were watching us when we came back and saw me lock the camera in the tent. I don't get what sounds phony... nor do I get what point there would be to making all this up.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
You say they saw you lock the camera in the tent. But you said they popped open your car where the camera was.

If you want to make up a story its best to remember what you have already written.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by trilateral]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
sorry, I shouldnt have said your story sounded phony.

Anyway, be careful out there, and keep a camera with you at all times, sounds like it may be getting dangerous.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   

You say they saw you lock the camera in the tent. But you said they popped open your car where the camera was.

If you want to make up a story its best to remember what you have already written.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by trilateral]

Simple type -o . I cant 'lock' anything in a tent. i meant to say lock in the car.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I think what he's trying to say is, you had some awesome evidence of people destroying your property - supposedly and then you conveniently let that evidence disappear.

Had I come back to my campsite and it had been destroyed I'd either had set a trap for the intruders which would of included taking photos if they returned or better yet if I had evidence that would have been my new mission. To take the evidence & file a lawsuit - to get reimbursed for your damages.

I camp often I can tell you if someone is outside my tent other than dangerous wildlife that are just looking for food remnants I'm coming out of my tent - especially if I have a girlfriend there to protect. Then again I would have moved my camp had it been ransacked while I was away - as we all know perps always return to the scene of a crime.

You were not breaking any law and allowing someone to break into your vehicle just does not make sense.

Every good car camper always has a backup mattress - like a backpacking one. Only takes a couple nights sleeping on rocks to learn.

So, since you go there all they time how about some original photo's or screen captures (from other times since you've done 25) to add some credibility to your trip.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple

Its really weird how you explain saying tent instead of car. I don't think that type of error is as easily explained. Do you have any proof that you frequent area 51 as often as you say you do ? (apparently you go there more than anyone on this board).

Oh one more thing what is cherea ? You mention "and 12 cherea 51's later". What does this mean ??

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
I think what he's trying to say is, you had some awesome evidence of people destroying your property - supposedly and then you conveniently let that evidence disappear.

Had I come back to my campsite and it had been destroyed I'd either had set a trap for the intruders which would of included taking photos if they returned or better yet if I had evidence that would have been my new mission. To take the evidence & file a lawsuit - if nothing else you could have extorted money (legally using an attorney) from them to keep quiet.

I camp often I can tell you if someone is outside my tent other than dangerous wildlife that are just looking for food remnants I'm coming out of my tent - especially if I have a girlfriend there to protect. Then again I would have moved my camp had it been ransacked while I was away - as we all know perps always return to the scene of a crime.

You were not breaking any law and allowing someone to break into your vehicle just does not make sense.

Every god car camper always has a backup mattress - like a backpacking one. Only takes a couple nights sleeping on rocks to learn.

So, since you go there all they time how about some orginal photo's or screen captures(from other times) to add some crediblility to your trip.

Sure . Go to dreamlandresort.com and look a trip report from October of 2006. It has pictures of myself and my girlfriend camping there. Or if anyone here ever goes in to Rachel, talk to Betty at the A le Inn, we are her regulars and she knows the whole story. Her shifts vary but Im sure you can ask Cody or Connie as well. They might not know the story, but they know us. They only dont know because we left that morning and ate breakfast at the Inn and only Betty was there. ( Connie practically runs the place and Cody is her son, fyi)

We had backup sleeping bags which we slept on. Still was not comfortable at all.

There is no chance that video would of gotten us any legal ground to stand on. First off, anyone who has come face to face with these guys will tell you they have no name tags nor will they tell you anything. So what would the video of done for us? We bring it to the police and they say, what? PLus the very own workers of Area 51 tried to file lawsuit, what luck would we have had? We realized that as one of the risks of camping a mile or so from the border sign and considered the footage nothing more than a keepsake and something cool to show friends of how crazy/brave/nuts we are for camping there all the time.

We 'allowed' them to break into the car because we simply didn't see another choice. We knew exactly what they were after and there was no way we were going to stop them. So we let them and they went on there way. Sometimes starting a confrontation is not the way to go.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
"Go to dreamlandresort.com and look a trip report from October of 2006. It has pictures of myself and my girlfriend camping there."

And how will we know who you are in the pics ?

Why don't you have a specific link to the pictures in which you appear ?

It seems like your trying your hardest to prove something that never happened IMO.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   

reply to post by bknapple

Its really weird how you explain saying tent instead of car. I don't think that type of error is as easily explained. Do you have any proof that you frequent area 51 as often as you say you do ? (apparently you go there more than anyone on this board).

Oh one more thing what is cherea ? You mention "and 12 cherea 51's later". What does this mean ??

How is it really weird? I was simply typing slower than my mind was thinking...honest mistake.

Cherea 51 is the name of a drink you can get at the a le inn. I a lot of Southern Comfort mixed with grenadine and, and I wanna say fanta or something along those lines. Either way, a real girly drink, but did the job.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by trilateral

I have no idea how to put images on here. The pictures on dreamlandresort.com are me and her. Once I figure out how to post a pic, Id be glad to post another pic of me for you to compare.

I don't get what is so far off about the story. What sort of ego boost or praise do
I get by making this all up? I guess I have a local of Rachel and full time employee at the Inn making stuff up to.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Nothings far off about the story. Well perhaps a few things

You mention being a regular at the lil a'le'inn. The lil a'le'inn would probably gain more visitors if people who frequented it had tales of lil green men and stories of the camo dudes being shifty reptilians or something along those lines. Maybe even something more down to Earth albeit mysterious. Such as why they visited your campsite and threw stuff around ? And why they came back for the evidence (maybe they were giving you a head start before they would come for the evidence).

As for you gaining anything. Friends on this board ? Some conspiracy street cred ? I don't know, but people do make up stories, no matter how down to earth the story is.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I just read a post on dreamlandresort.com a woman posting as julie writes how she and her mother were detained for recently crossing the border. this is the 2 people i mentioned earlier that crossed the border while we were there. fyi.

no link. just go to the message board on that site. the topic is new member by les on 4/17

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by trilateral

The inn isnt going to gain or lose visitors by this story.

The simple reason as to why they visited our campsite could have been because there was already a border crossing earlier in the day. MY girlfriend and I talked to them after they got their tickets. Luckily for them, they werent arrested ( to my shock). So the cammos could easily have seen us talk to them and figured we were now 'of interest'

Since they screwed with my fire pit, I thought maybe they didnt want us making a fire. I doubt this as I have camped with a fire pit every time with no problem and all fire warnings had ended in that area.

But everything they did, when added up, makes no sense. I wont know, hence Ill be going back to see what happens next time.

Its never fun, however, to have your credibility questioned. So when someone is saying I am making a story, it offends me a little bit.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I just went for a walk to clear my head.

Apologies if you were offended by anything I said.

This appears to be rhyming, which is an added bonus

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join