It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's Witnesses?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I do take a Wtchtower now and again and have a read.. a lovely old lady drops by and pops them in the door now and again, and i am sure she and others do a great deal of good for older people at home, a little chat over a cup of tea can be the only visit some have for days ;]

My sister in law in a Jehovah's Witness. Her little boy had a heart defect and needed open heart surgery when he was two years old to repair it.

She insisted that no blood products other than her sons be used. To cut a long story short he had the surgery he recovered very well and was out of hospital in 5 days!

She is happy with her faith, and for someone like her whom needs to be part of a “Church” I think it has helped her life a great deal.

Life is about tolerance of others, and to offer a helping hand when we can.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
I attended a Kingdom Hall while I was a student of religion. I attended for many months and had quite a few observations.

I was apalled at the age of children who were called upon to stand up and recite scripture.

I found it cruel to do that to children, as they do not have an understanding of the world yet, and then to be called upon to speak for God, was in my opinion, wrong.

Yes, I would call Jehova Wittnesses a cult.

How is that different than the altar boys and girls in the catholic religion? They do far more than just recite scripture, they get on stage and perform bizarre rituals.

Just about any other religion has young children involved.

Originally posted by Enthralled Fanedit to add

These room of the side, I could hear children getting spanked for getting a scripture wrong.

LOL that's them getting spanked for being loud and misbehaving. I remember many times my parents taking me into the back to spank me for fighting with my sister and us hitting each other while the program was in session.

Damn, I even remember in detail this one time my Dad told me to be quiet so I yelled very loud at him and called him a jerk, this was like when I was 6 years old. He dragged me into the bathroom and spanked the # out of me.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladysharrowandherbarrow
I do take a Wtchtower now and again and have a read.. a lovely old lady drops by and pops them in the door now and again, and i am sure she and others do a great deal of good for older people at home, a little chat over a cup of tea can be the only visit some have for days ;]

My sister in law in a Jehovah's Witness. Her little boy had a heart defect and needed open heart surgery when he was two years old to repair it.

She insisted that no blood products other than her sons be used. To cut a long story short he had the surgery he recovered very well and was out of hospital in 5 days!

She is happy with her faith, and for someone like her whom needs to be part of a “Church” I think it has helped her life a great deal.

Life is about tolerance of others, and to offer a helping hand when we can.

The no-blood rule always bothered me the most about the religion. I was always scared that I might get in an accident when I was younger and need surgery or something, then my parents refuse to allow me a blood transfusion and then I die.

But it is kind of a good idea. You can get AIDS and Hepatitis and other nasty things from blood transfusions.

And you have to give it to the JW's, they are pretty courageous and have balls if they would rather die than go against something they believe in. Kind of like the founders of this country.

Today, even though I'm now an Athiest, I would probably still refuse a blood transfusion, because personally I'd rather die than have to live the rest of my life with AIDS or Hepatitis or some other blood-bourne disease.

Of course, death doesn't scare me, and I can't be afraid of it, in my profession. I have been shot 2 times and fortunately both times I did not need a blood transfusion. Law enforcement takes balls of steel. You can't be afraid of anything.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Mormons, Jehovah’s witnesses, it’s all the same to me…..
Any religion that requires preaching through constant doorknocking isn’t worth my time….

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
Mormons, Jehovah’s witnesses, it’s all the same to me…..
Any religion that requires preaching through constant doorknocking isn’t worth my time….

Or the 'standard' christian religions, or catholics who do the same, but do it to businesses instead. I recall when I was 17 and working as cashier in a store, would get so many christians and catholics leaving me pamphlets, they would just say "here take this and read it!" and then leave the store after I rang them up. At least the JW and Mormons ask you politely if you would like their literature.

Or then you have the Muslims who recruit not by polite doorknocking, not by leaving pamphlets and telling you to read them, but rather recruiting you to die in suicide bombings.

All religions are cults and do basically the same thing. It is unfair to single out religions, JW, Mormon, or any other.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentStovkowski

I'll refraise then - Mormons, Jehovah’s witnesses, Christians, Jews, Muslims etc it's all the same to me.....Any religion that requires preaching or, preaching through constant doorknocking isn’t worth my time…

[edit on 28-5-2008 by andre18]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
reply to post by AgentStovkowski

I'll refraise then - Mormons, Jehovah’s witnesses, Christians, Jews, Muslims etc it's all the same to me.....Any religion that requires preaching or, preaching through constant doorknocking isn’t worth my time…

[edit on 28-5-2008 by andre18]

good man

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

A child beaten in one of the rooms, the congregation seeing this and it never happens in that hall again? Sorry to contradict you, but I was raised in the "truth" as they call it. The children are either taken back to the library, or outside the KH and beaten. The children cry, scream from being hit, and the congregation as a whole does nothing but ignore it and listen to the speaker.

As far as this being a cult, I believe it is. I was there. My entire family, as well as friends are not allowed to speak with me because I do not share their views.

Going back to kids getting hit, how many times were you out in field service??? That is another prime "territory" for kids to get beaten for getting scripture wrong or not doing the presentation to the householder accurately? It happened more times than I can count, and not just to me.

There are many cases of wives beaten by their husbands, and they are told they cannot leave the abusive situation because it is "unscriptural" to do so. They are told they need to try harder to be a good wife.

They may appear good, hard working people...but unless you have experienced it from the inside you have no idea what they are truly like. I came from a jw family-going back to both sets of grandparents and most their descendants.

Sorry for the rant, but I as soon as I saw the above post and could not keep silent. And, Witness2008, if you never experienced these things, then I am both amazed and happy you were spared.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
It's simple, Jehovah witnesses deny being Christ Witnesses, their title already says deny the Christ.

Christians are witnesses of Christ only through him you may know the Father since that route was taken for our salvation.

The Jews are the real Jehovah witnesses since their history was about contact with the Father with the prophets who kept his covenant. That past history is not for modern day Christians or gentiles, that is the job of the real Jehovah witnesses the Jews who still have a promise by God to secure Israel before he returns.

Secondly they deny the covenant of Christ and his importance, to them Christ is God's Son and is inferior to him. They think Christ was first of God's creations but that is not the real case he was always the Christ who is co-eternal with God, and as such was not created. Also they deny that Jesus died on the cross, to them Christ died on a stake, not a cross so they claim.

Another misconception, Christ is Michael the Archange, Christ is not an angel but God so already they deny the Christ even if it says it clearly in the Bible.

Taking blood into the body through mouth or veins violates God's laws so they say and The Bible says nothing about taking blood through veins, its not that specific.

It's up you what to believe we can only inform you of the suttle hidden changes and tactics that are not of Gods teachings.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
i always play a game with all church members who call to my door... i open the door and just stand there stirring at them , i say nothing and i count in my head to see how long they will stand there before walking away..... my family love it...... its so funny....

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The sad thing about it is that a lot of people fall for the JWs and not only sad that they are passionate about it but they do almost everything to deny the the real Christ who they should be honouring and saying he is the way to the father because the father was in him also.

The Mormons and the JWs have something in common, an extra Gospel that is more inspiring than the Bible for some of them because that tool is the hypnotic satanic deception that strings them along.

1 John 4
Test the Spirits
1Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I was raised in "The Church of Christ" they also believe they are the only ones going to Heaven. I am not a Christian.

Also I really do not want any one else's blood. I would then have their DNA and feel tied to them.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hildar

Sorry Hilda ...not true there is no way on this earth your friend would be told to have relations with a man not her husband,

I have been a jehovah's witness for over twenty six years,i have seen people disfellowshipped for immorality but never for faithfulness to marriage partners.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
My Partner was married to a witness and had a child with him.......they have been divorced 4 years but still has lots of hassle from his family because she does not want her child to be a witness!
They have tried giving large sums of money and persistently hassle her about being a witness

I am not tarring them all with the same brush but opinion of witnesses is very low

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If people can see the pattern, the message is not to believe in the Christ or his message and this is a set up for a future anti-Christ agenda that brings all faiths togther without Christ for the ultimate Babylonian religious deception, the one that is comming to lead this path will deny the Christ and unite all relgious sects not of Christ against Christians and the spirit of the anti-Christ that is in the world is rounding the people up and leading them astray to the counterfeit.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hildar

Hilda ,have you had a bad experience with a witness ??

I Have read two of your posts and both have been shear libel....complete untruths,there are some things i am not happy with but its the bible its self i am struggling with,not the witness religion.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I found this website link that confirms my own research for this thread, it explains better than I do about Jehovah witnesses in more detail and how it they deny elements of the Bible for their own docrines.

Beware of Jehova Witnesses.com

[edit on 2-8-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
My Jehovah's Witness sister was coerced into divorcing her non-JW husband by our JW mother. They have two children together. My sister reunited with her ex-husband and father of her children and was promptly disfellowshipped. Cool huh? I'll bet God loves that kind of nonsense.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
There are too many cults that try and counterfeit the Bible, they just don't listen to what it says but follow the lead without asking and deny what is plainly written which is why there are so many fakes and false teachings. They are just armies in waiting for when the Devil decids to show up and use them as persecuters against the real Christians.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Although, on the whole they are a nice enough bunch, they are really misfits and malcontents with one of the highest rates of mental illness of all religions which would put them on the 'cult' or high control group, definition.

They despise education, since God has apparantly only called the 'simple' ones to him, which means though they do have some educated members, the majority are not that 'bright' and so easy to pull the wool over their eyes by their very deceptive leaders.

They actually believe that they do not need to know anything or much about the people who lead and control them and think that this is a good thing.....hence their lack of 'brightness'!

They are deep under mind control and fear just about everything.

But, because they are so afraid of everything, they dare not misbehave too much in public, (behind doors is another matter altogerher).

They have struggled to keep their child abuse scandals under wraps and their arrogance in this regard has been their downfall among many members who have walked away seeing the two faced deception of their cult.

Over all, a sad bunch but who's perfect?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join