It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One way trip to Mars...want to go?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Virgin Galactic and Google have teamed up and are in the process of planning a one way trip to Mars to being habitation. I saw an interview with Richard Branson and he touched on the subject, but didn't get to deep into it, other than to say they are looking for volunteers for the mission.

Found their website, where you can begin the application process.

Trip to Mars

Now the chances of being chosen, and for this project to even get off the ground are slim, but who knows. Would you want to partake in a very dangerous mission to mars knowing that you would never come back?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
That was an April Fools
sorry for the one line

ED:
Just adding why its april fools '
from the fact page at the bottom is a link
for Okay, come on -- seriously. Is this Virgle thing for real?

Well, yes -- Virgle is real
www.google.com...

-- oh, all right. Fine. April Fool's. Ha, ha, ha. It isn't real. There. Are you happy? Does it please you to drag us out of our lovely little fantasy world, to crush all our hopes and dreams? Is that really what you need to hear? Fine, you've heard it. Virgle isn't real.

[edit on 4/2/2008 by EvilBat]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Damn, I knew it was too good to be true, and I pride myself on not falling for April fools jokes. I guess I should have realized when, in the questionaire, one of the options to chose for expertise was "guitar hero"

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Oh yes! I hacked into the computer. This is actually Mrs. Lombozo. I want to go to Mars on a one way trip! Yeah! Contact me only through the lombozo account. Yes, trying to contact me any other way, and he might find out. Send all the forms to his attention. If anything comes to my attention he might get suspicious. I open all the mail.

I really want to go to Mars. Yes I, Mrs. Lombozo, do declare that I will volunteer to go to Mars. I will even volunteer to man one of those dangerous experimental test flights to Mars. Can we leave tonight?

This is Mrs. Lombozo signing off!

top topics

join