It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snorkeling Teen Finds Megalodon Shark Tooth - In Michigan River

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Maybe too much like a sharks tooth? Hmmm why was it at 450 if its worth maybe double that, chip or no chip. The evolution of the world will never be known fully. So we can only guess what fraction the us made of the giant land mass millions of years ago.

Deny ignorance

Semoro

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I think I may have the other half of this tooth!

[edit on 22-8-2008 by skurucgti]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Seems too little to be a megalodon tooth. Looks a little bigger than a great white tooth.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
how did you find that out?, i heard that to and i ahve been looking for at least an article on it, can you direct me to the source

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It is a nice find and i have several partials like the one found and some whole teeth that range from 5 1/4" long; 3 3/4"; and 1 1/2 thick! I am collecting mine to donate to a museum so others can actually hold and touch it.

One of the most prominent places to find them are scuba diving off of the coast of Wilmington, NC about 45 miles out at a ledge that is 100' down. When we dive on the ledge it is a very high probability of finding them.

The only ones that are really $ valuable are those that are of museum quality unfortunately partials aren't really worth a lot in term of dollar amounts.

Enjoy the find and thank you for sharing!

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:56 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join