It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday Seed Vault, Do They Know Something We Don't?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by battlestargalactica

BSG: I looked at the US observatory information: this covers anywhere, anytime.

aa.usno.navy.mil...

Look at altitude azimuth of sun and moon. Svalbard is 78 25 N and 15 47 E.

If we have a slope of 8 degrees down for the vault passage (the closest I can get from the plan) the midnight sun can shine through the door and down into the vault on two days. One is 17th May - Norwegian national day. Neat.

There were hundreds of press reports on the Seed Vault and no mention of this.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by battlestargalactica

BSG: I have been looking around for a significant date when the midnight sun shines down the entrance tunnel to the Svalbard Vault. The mouth of the tunnel is dead north sloping down at (around) 8 degrees.

Using the US naval observatory aa.usno.navy.mil... for sun at the Svalbard location at 78.25 north and 15.47 east we get two days when the midnight sun can shine down this tunnel.

One is May 17th - which happens to be Norwegian national day. I'd like to see it. Hundreds of press reports of the Vault opening on the day of the first sunrise after the arctic winter (26 February) have missed this alignment.

We have something like it in Scotland (Orkney www.maeshowe.co.uk... ) where the entrance passage of a neolithic tomb points to the midwinter setting sun. The sun sets twice - once at the top of a cliff, then it comes out and sets again over the sea. There is a web-cam record of it.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Dandylion

Real nice work Dandylion! I do believe that you've possibly uncovered some hidden aspect of the construction, either that or its a really strange coincidence, which I don't it to be.

What is the other day that the alignment occurrs on, one being the 17th, is there any other significance to the other day?

Also, how do you perform these alignment calcs, is it all by pencl paper, or is there a computer software available? I know your raw data comes from the aa.usno.navy.mil/data site...but how to use this? Thanks for your work.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I wonder if this thing is related to the current food crisis somehow. Although I can't think of a good angle right now.
Perhaps controlling people by rationing their food.

Maybe thelibra is right. The Global Food Crisis as a Cause for OWG

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Great research!!!
Extremely informative!
Monsanto is involved, if you look at some of my links in my thread from January= Here. Now the Indonesian rice thefts-

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I figure it out.
The so called global food crisis - although in truth it is actually a global inflation not a food supply crisis - is a justification to introduce the genetically modified crops.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Conspiracy alert!

Royals join forces on Arctic expedition

22 Jun 08

The heirs to the thrones of Sweden, Denmark and Norway have embarked on an expedition to Svalbard in the Arctic.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

They are using this time to get familiarized with the area

Thanks for the link to the story Hellmutt

"They are leaving the four degree temperatures of Longyearbyen to travel as far up the ice as possible," said Sven Gjeruldsen of the Norwegian court to news agency TT.

The heirs and heiress will travel on the ice-braker IB Oden in the Arctic Sea to test newly installed equipment in preparation for the Arctic Summer Cloud Ocean Summit (ASCOS). The expedition aims to contribute to research about the clouds and their role in the Arctic climate system.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by battlestargalactica

"Where is the remainder of the money, roughly $127,000,000, going towards"?

Hmmm
\

For the lush apartments for the Royals if things go bad... You really think they went to look at seeds? They were scoping out the new digs in case they had to move there..

Well okay its a guess but

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Yeah ive looked at this.I don't buy it that its for seeds.
Knowing who we are dealing with here, the most selfish psychopathic evil individuals on the planet.
It would be for themselves to hide.

And of course they use there oh so nice and caring foundations to build it so it looks like oh but they care about the whole world they are such beautiful people....

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
hi
this is johnleave
I am newly join this site. Presently Doomsday Seed Vault is most popular in united states. I think this type of site join the people main young people. So i think this type of way follows people 60% in USA
=====================
johnleave

Mod-Note: Advertisment removed.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
this mean nothing. If the goverment wanted us not to know about dooms day then they would of not showed pictures of the vault nor interveiw nor the location inside the vault because it would show suspusions regardless of what it been called. pretty sure they would have other doomsday vaults then just one if there is any. Why would the government show a vault to the public? do you think the government would be that stupid? i don't think so.
edit on 1-11-2011 by nightmare1234567890 because: forgot to add text

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Love Charlie Frost. Of course this is all tongue in cheek, I don't believe the world will end in 2012 but this guy is fun to listen too.

First came across him here, really good site: rabbithole2.com...

Just a couple minutes of light banter about Yellow Stone going to blow.

If it does, well see you all on the other side.

If it doesn't anytime soon, well that's another reason to appreciate each new day.

A friend of mine says that Yellow Stone is rocking and a rolling almost every day so who knows.

Than again just one big incoming asteroid could also make our life (or death) a little more interesting.

Either way, found this site interesting.

Of course nothing tops ATS...........but this is a close second.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join