It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prof Michio Kaku on the science behind UFOs and time travel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Some people claim that extraterrestrials have already visited Earth in the form of UFOs. Scientists usually dismiss the possibility of UFOs because the distances between stars are so vast. But last year the French government released a report by the French National Centre for Space Studies, which included 1,600 UFO sightings spanning 50 years, including 100,000 pages of eyewitness accounts, films and audiotapes. The French government stated that nine per cent of these sightings could be fully explained, that 33 per cent had likely explanations, but that it was unable to follow up on the rest.

The most credible cases of UFOs involve a) multiple sightings by independent, credible eyewitnesses and b) evidence from multiple sources, such as eyesight and radar. For example, in 1986 there was a sighting of a UFO by JAL flight 1628 over Alaska, which was investigated by the Federal Aviation Administration. The UFO was seen by the passengers of the JAL flight and was also tracked by ground radar. Similarly, there were mass radar sightings of black triangles over Belgium in 1989-90 that were tracked by Nato radar and jet interceptors. In 1976, there was a sighting over Tehran, that resulted in multiple systems failures in an F-4 jet interceptor. But what is frustrating to scientists is that, of the thousands of recorded sightings, none has produced hard physical evidence that can lead to reproducible results in the laboratory. No alien DNA, alien computer chip or physical evidence of a landing has ever been retrieved.

*Extracted from 'Physics of the Impossible' by Michio Kaku

Isn't Michio Kaku a member of ATS? I saw a user by his name once, with his picture.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Thanks for posting that, it's always nice to be able to source someone that is clearly sane and rational, when making the case for Alien Life in the Universe. Michio has always been a personal hero of mine. Every time I hear him speak on either the History or Discovery channel shows on the topic, he makes more sense than just about any other expert they consult.

I did a quick search for a user name matching his here at ATS, but didn't find anything. I tried both names, then first name, then last name. The last name search brought these results:
19503 Zyakakuro Chuunengoto
21772 Kakushigoto
29921 Kakugo
130147 kikkaku

But no exact match

I hope he does choose to participate in these forums though! His informed commentary would be most welcome

-WFA

join