It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obama & CNN Connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
When it comes to our daily feed of politics and updates on the presidential campaign, I tend to watch CNN. Not really sure why, just seems to be the channel that I tend to turn to when I am stretched out on the couch. In the last few weeks, since returning from the writer's strike, Saturday Night Live has been reinforcing a belief that I have had for some time. And after watching SNL poke fun at this, it has almost brought me to the point where I can no longer watch CNN.

So am I wrong in thinking that CNN is overtly biased towards Obama winning the democratic ticket? It does seem that he takes up a huge percentage of their prime air time, and he is always shown under a positive light. Always labeled as the "front runner" and no matter what Hillary does, she is always the underdog. Now while I would consider myself a Democrat if I were an American, the fact is that I am not. So I do not have any horses in this race. I am merely a bystander with an opinion.

When the results from the Texas primary came in, they all talked about how Hillary managed to come from behind with a tight win thanks to her negative attacks on Obama. But when they interviewed the experts, they continued to try to reinforce that Hillary had always been ahead in the polls. And now when I was just watching it, it is spending an inordinate amount of time trying to refute all of the myths surrounding Obama.

Hillary makes the assertion that he is not a politician known for making big changes, but CNN makes the strong stance that he was always a part of a senate that was majority Republicans. And on votes he would simply vote "present" instead of yes or no. So right on cue, CNN goes off to make sure they refute this statement by stating that this is common practice for Illinois senators.

Now I don't see every piece of information that this network airs, but I do normally take in about an hour or more a day. And from the get go, I really haven't seem the support for Hillary that I see for Obama.

Seeing what I have, I really don't think I'll be able to sit and watch this network any longer. This sort of thing really puts me off.

For our members, I am interested in hearing what you think and if you have seen this yourselves. Agree.. disagree?

Thanks.

[edit on 8-3-2008 by chissler]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Along with FOX news, CNN is the most blatant manipulator of information in the public eye. And it's everywhere. A massive establishment in television at this point.

Of course they are manipulating the coming election, like every other before that. Obama is the golden boy and has been heralded as a christ figure or martin luther king.... the truth is he's a half jewish half african american politician who will do and say all the things you will expect of a democrat in 2008.

The democrats are thirsty for blood after Bush's torturous 8 year run but that doesn't mean they are going to save the country... they are definitely being lead by the nape of the neck by the media. CNN and every other media outlet is trying to give America a headrush, 'we can do it! we can have a black president, that will change everything!' Blatant manipulation.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I think it doesnt matter. Clinton or Obama wont change anything. The president doesnt run things, he is just a public puppet.

So what if Obama says he will draw the troops back? What happens if there is another false flag attack after the election? Oh noes, he decides to keep the troops...

Its all a game in my opinion. One decent man or woman cant change the pathetic corruption going on.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

chissler...your right about CNN, but this might be more of the obama campaign getting quickly out in front of any negative news story. after the republican attacks in both the 2000 and 2004 elections, in which the democrats took the higher ground, thinking that people would see thru the obvious slander and innuendo, they are now coming out hard and fast on any type of attack and making sure the response gets out to the major media.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Is this really a case of Obama's campaign being ahead of the mudslinging though? I don't see the same efforts to refute these myths on some of the other major networks. I have always felt that CNN was a little more favorable to democrats than it was republicans, but not to the extent that I see them favoring Obama over Hillary.

new topics

top topics

join